BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Seamstress Circle [SEWING]

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 9:04am
Originally posted by purpulicious01 purpulicious01 wrote:

Some advice to those beginning sewing: 

- Start small. There is a learning curve in sewing, so begin with small projects and as your skills advance, move to more complex projects. 

- Buy a beginner sewing manual/guidebook for reference, and to learn the basics and sewing lingo.

- Practice. Practice. Practice. (Really this applies to beginners and advance seamstresses.)

ClapGood to know.... I think I may get a sewing manual
Sponsored Links

purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 9:19am
Needed to replaced my old machine for a while, so recently purchased this Brother machine (pic below) and loving it so far.

With summer approaching, I'm sewing some long tops/tunics and full floor length dresses and skirts, using mainly cottons, linens, and chiffon (ideal fabrics for warm weather).

Will try to post pics of completed garments. 

bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 9:41am
She talks fast but she does give good info.

HunnyB View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HunnyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 11:06am
What's a good machine to buy?
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 11:33am
I was just given a sewing machine from a coworker awhile ago...i haven't had time to do anything yet but soon. Got to get some needles first.
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 11 2014 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by HunnyB HunnyB wrote:

What's a good machine to buy?

Depends on your budget, expertise level (beginner, intermediate, advanced), plans for use (i.e. will you be traveling with your machine/taking it to classes? if so, then its important to find a light-weight portable machine).

One good machine is the Brother CS6000i- it's low price (around $145) and brother sewing machines have great track records (good quality and long lasting). 

That's just one suggestion though - there are plenty other good machines <$200, by diff companies (i.e. Singer, Janome) - just do a little research to find one that best fits your needs/preferences. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic