Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Santa Claus thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Santa Claus thread
    Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:34pm
Is it necessary for your kids to know that Santa is not real?

Somehow today's water cooler talk got on the subject of Santa Claus....Several white coworkers were telling us about how they are doing soooooooooo much stuff for their children to BELIEVE that Santa IS real. One said she told her 10 year old that she HAS to believe or she will get nothing for Xmas, because her daughter is starting to have doubts....Another one said her twins believed until they were 15 and she was pissed when they found out from high school friends that he was not real. It baffled me because these people were very serious about making sure their children believed in Santa.

My parents straight up told me Santa wasn't real when I was old enough to talk....and so did most of my friends' parents....

Sponsored Links

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:35pm
Yes

/thread
HowardAlumAKA View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HowardAlumAKA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Yes

/thread

But Why?

Usually I hear "My kid isnt going to believe some white man is buying him toys when I spent all this money". Which is pretty ignorant, but I never knew some people were so adamant about their kids believing.
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:38pm

Yes

/thread

niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:41pm
Once a child reaches their teens I really don't see the point in trying to get them to believe there is still a Santa, or any of these other mythical creatures for that matter. I think I stopped believing in Santa when I was about 11...
Kiwistardust View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiwistardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:42pm
Yes.

I wasn't told anything. I had to figure it out on my own with the harsh reality that no matter how good I was, I never got what I wanted, if anything. Then again, I had a VERY humble childhood . . . 

Spare your child the broken dreams! Cry
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:44pm
I was way too skeptical to believe in Santa.
We won't be doing Santa in my house....though we will celebrate the holidays. 
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:44pm

I don't want kids but if I ever change my mind.....

No thank you to Santa....

They can believe in it if they want but after age 5/6..they will know the truth

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:44pm
I said "Yes" to the question you asked Confused

Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

Yes

/thread

But Why?

Usually I hear "My kid isnt going to believe some white man is buying him toys when I spent all this money". Which is pretty ignorant, but I never knew some people were so adamant about their kids believing.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 26 2012 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by HowardAlumAKA HowardAlumAKA wrote:

Yes

/thread

But Why?

that was my father's reasoning. my mother's was that we were celebrating Jesus and that all these other ppl talking about Santa was of the "enemy" (my mother's words...not mine). i was the kid that ruined kids' dreams every year by telling them santa isn't real. LOL

i probably won't encourage it with my kid, though. what's the harm in a child not believing in Santa, but taught all that other xmas stuff like being nice to ppl, being thankful and whatever else?

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>