Perfect Hair Collection

The Running Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 31 2013 at 10:02pm
I ran 137.96 miles in 2013.  I ran 106 of those miles in July and August.  I want to make a resolution for 2014 that includes running all year.  I think I need to dial back on my mileage in summer and spread it out through the year.  I think I'm going to say 250.  I didn't get serious until over halfway through the year so I think that is very doable.  And I'm kicking it of with The Resolution Run!!  It's 2.6 miles around a local lake and a great way to meet local runners.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Sponsored Links

RickyPaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RickyPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2014 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by RickyPaul RickyPaul wrote:

I do running everyday because its a best exercise for all body parts. This is my favorite exercise for strength and fat burning. I suggest everyone to start doing running.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djf8uVCeKxk - lakecountybootcamps

Edited by RickyPaul - Jan 03 2014 at 10:58pm
SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 10:39am
I run for clarity. It's a sense of peace that I can't get anywhere else in my life.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2014 at 10:50am
I keep pace a lot better without music.  Listening to podcasts and audiobooks allows me to pace myself rather than try to keep up with the music.  Does anyone else have this issue?  

On another note, I've run 43 miles this year!  I have run every month a minimal amount and now that the season has begun, I know my numbers will be up.  I wanted to run 250 miles this year so I may have slacked a bit but I hope to make up for it.  

For June, I hope to get up early and run four days a week and log 20 miles a week.  My first 5-mile run was yesterday and it felt good so I know I'm ready.  Five mile short runs and up to 15 mile long runs.  I have a 15K in September and a half marathon in October.  Here we go!

Anyone else going to the Black Girls Run conference in Atlanta?
bolayi11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bolayi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2014 at 8:27pm
Why do you run/want to start running? For weight management initially after I graduated from college but now it's a great stress relief and it helps with my insomnia. 
How long have you been running?  I started probably 4 yrs ago
Have you done any races?  Which ones?  I've done a local 10K
What are your running goals?  To run year-round! And to complete a half marathon in 4 months
Is there anything you feel is holding you back from your running goals?  How do you plan to overcome it?  I think it's all mental  but i get hurt or bored.
What's your favorite training program? N/A 
Do you belong to any running groups?  N/A 
What type of diet do you follow if any? N/A I've learned that I'm always happier when I don't restrict myself. 
What's your favorite running gear/running aids?   Music and Asics shoes
What are you currently training for? Half marathon in October 
Anything else to ask or share? 

Anyone have any advice on training for my first half? 
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 2:52am
Dont overtrain! Listen to your body. I am still paying for overtraining for a half last year. Only you know when you're doing the most. Dont. While it's an amazing feeeling to know you can run 50 miles a week, it's not worth an injury. You can and will do it. Training is just as mental as it is physical.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2014 at 11:14pm
My goal was 250 miles this year and I'm at 215!  I think I'm going to make it.  Much lighter year of running BUT injury free and so much fun.  Training for the BGR 15K in Atlanta Labor Day weekend.  I'm very excited so it's a little hard not to do too much but I'm determined to train smart and wrap the year free of injury.

*I did something brilliant today.  I took my shoes and socks off for the last half mile of my run.  I know, it sounds weird but my muscles were hurting and it just came in my head to do it.  It was AWESOME!!  I'm not going to go out and become a barefoot runner or anything but my muscles feel so much better.
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 5:15pm
I like to run at the beach. It is a great workout, plus I tan in the process.
I prefer to run in the soft sand, but since it is really hot now, I ran on the hard sand.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12