Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The Roman Bandwagon..Im jumping off

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lilmamabenz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmamabenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Roman Bandwagon..Im jumping off
    Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:01pm
Hey ladies, so I jumped on, and ordered a 14in Malaysian light yaki lace wig. It is a natural color, around 2ish with some 4 in it, front knots do appear to be bleached, and true longest measures around 17.5in.. 

BUT the baby hair is at least 4inches long( even in the back), it isn't a bountiful as I would like (thickness similar to my own hair), ends a little thin, but I guess if I cut 3inches, it would be the 14in I ordered, the hair has very small crimps, AND the cap doesn't have clips or adjustable straps... I dont feel advanced enough to work with it, so I think I am going to let it go..  I paid 205 (166 +shipping and paypal fees). I will post the links to my photobucket, if anyone is interesting in buying please PM.

Edited by lilmamabenz - Dec 17 2012 at 3:17pm
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmamabenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 17 2012 at 3:16pm
http://s1278.beta.photobucket.com/user/lilmamabenz/library/
SistaHollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SistaHollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 7:34am
Don't give up so soon it can be frustrating when you first start wearing lace wigs Look at Tootsie post those of us who are allergic to glue and for some who want to remove their unit daily use this method . You will just have to ask lots of questions. Go ahead and cut the unit the 3 inches Put the hair on a wig head and just cut it also baby hairs can be cut to what you like. No wig is going to be 100% what we want its not like those 10000+ Bey wigs so we all have to tweak our units its par for the course . I'm not on here a lot but you can email me at msnitabug@gmail.com if you need any helpWink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmamabenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 7:42am
Thank you! It is actually really pretty hair, but I'm so cheap and getting nervous about experimenting on a $200 wig..lol, the things that  I don't like can be fixed. I'm sure a lot of ladies have spent lots doing trial and error. I had the impression that I was just gonna do some minor tweaking and be good to go, but that's not the case.
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:47am
Originally posted by lilmamabenz lilmamabenz wrote:

Thank you! It is actually really pretty hair, but I'm so cheap and getting nervous about experimenting on a $200 wig..lol, the things that  I don't like can be fixed. I'm sure a lot of ladies have spent lots doing trial and error. I had the impression that I was just gonna do some minor tweaking and be good to go, but that's not the case.

The hair is really pretty. I know it did not come how you expected but this wig is definitely nice looking. 

Buying a lace wig is all about the tweaking & asking questions before you order & after you order. I have been wearing lace wigs for a few years but I have never bought a wig that didn't need a little bit of love beforehand.

Are the things that are not right because you assumed they would be or did you ask for specific things that were not done on the wig before it was sent out?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmamabenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 11:55am
Well the only thing that is not on the wig are the clips and straps, I asked to see the inside of the wig beforehand, and he said all of the caps are the same and the pic he sent had them. So i would have to add those things and the hair is not as full/thick as i would like. the thickness is similar to one pack of weft hair, when i hold it like a ponytail. 
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 12:08pm
That's not cool that you thought you were ordering a wig with clips and it didn't happen.

I recently ordered a wig from Roman & initially he sent me picture of a wig with clips but I wanted the FLW cap like the one you received so I sent him a picture & he said he could make it that way - to which he did.

I don't like the sound of that density. Was it a custom order or stock? 

And more importantly do you think you can work with it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmamabenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 12:34pm
Did you have to send it back for that?  He told me that I had to specifically ask for that..maybe he will make that clear next time. I could work with it but I know I wouldn't be completely satisfied, only wearing it to get my moneys worth.
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 12:47pm
No, sorry I wasn't very clear in my ramble.

When I asked for pictures he sent me pictures of a FLW but with clips at the back which I'm more use to with lace fronts.

I don't like the clips in the back so I sent him a picture of a cap similar to the one you have on your wig & asked him to make it like that instead to which he did. This is the type of cap I always get from CV's unless I specify I want something 'else'.

I also ordered a silk top & 120% -130% density because I've never ordered from him before. 

Overall I was pleased but when I order from someone new, I get nervous as hell and need everything in writing. Confused

Sometimes I'm too nervous for the game LOLLOLLOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmamabenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2012 at 12:51pm
I'm definitely too nervous for the game! And I love shopping online, but it's a little different not being able to see these stock items.How was the hair you received?

Edited by lilmamabenz - Dec 18 2012 at 12:52pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>