Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The right to be uppity/ this person SHOULD act upp
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The right to be uppity/ this person SHOULD act upp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 10 Votes, Average 1.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 4:51pm
your cousins inferiority complex,  not your issue. Theres a difference between taking care of yourself & wanting to look good and being  an ass & thinking youre better than because you were able to do those things for yourself

Originally posted by KottonKandy KottonKandy wrote:

But then, you never know why someone may act the way they do though.. My mom isn't girly and she never dressed me girly when I was 11  and younger. Dresses/bows/shiny shoes/cute little outfits; not my mom. My clothes were hand me downs from my cousins. Then you would hear my cousins, aunts, adult friends of the family saying things about me like, "she is a girl and she never have on this, she looks homely, she is too pretty not to have this or that", Keep in mind these weren't strangers, they were people in my family. One day crying to an adult neighbor, I told her that I don't know why they talk about me so much. I don't have a job to buy me clothes and I sure can't make my mom buy me stuff. She must have told someone, because suddenly my aunt started taking me to the salon to get my hair done. I would pay close attention to how the lady did my hair, so I could learn. 

At 14, I learned how to do my own hair and it grew what we called long back then. At 15, I got my own job and started buying my own clothes, getting my nails done, eyebrows arch and became girl and prettier than I already was. Now all of a sudden, my cousins, especially my oldest one, kept saying I thought I was better than them. Huh? I was still the nice, good girl I always been. But sh*t they were going to make me a snobby/uppity if it was the last thing they did. It went on until my 20s. 
Sponsored Links

Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 4:58pm
i don't think people should walk around thinking they are higher than thou, but i do like to see people with their heads held high and confidence. i especially like to see young men/women walk around with some confidence.

but i can't stand folks who try to act as if they are superior. those are the ones that need people to believe they are to make them feel better. they are usually weak-minded folks pretending.
Y.Gun View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Y.Gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 5:06pm

No excuse to be acting like that.

But I must admit I'd find it easier to accept an 8 being uppity as opposed to a 5

.Don't know what that says about me. 

Edited by Y.Gun - Jul 06 2013 at 5:09pm
purple.chuckz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote purple.chuckz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

do you think because of the way a person looks and/or what they have accomplished gives them the right to be snooty/uppity?

Do you think they should act like that?

Edited by purple.chuckz - Jul 06 2013 at 5:45pm
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 6:57pm
hard to believe someone saying something like the OP

are you sure they didn't mean that certain people, for whatever reason, should have a certain amount of decency, etiquette and decorum?

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 7:00pm
^^yeah. Is there some context OP?
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 7:11pm
Samone throwin' shade?
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 7:18pm
SweetNovember said the twins from the too light foundation thread had a right to be arrogant.........that comment inspired this thread.
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

Originally posted by K_Camille K_Camille wrote:

Originally posted by K_Camille K_Camille wrote:

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Link?

I think this is the one..It's been a minute.

I didn't detect and attitude...sure, they are saddity but they have a right to be...

didn't watch the video but why do they have a right to be saddity?

Originally posted by SweetNovember* SweetNovember* wrote:

LoL they're not even that dark. I didn't say anything about color. They have a right to be saddity cuz they bad as hell, that's why.
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2013 at 7:22pm
They not even all that cute imho......
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>