Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The RED Hair Color Family

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 10:06am
Originally posted by dOLLish. dOLLish. wrote:

Do you think Jazzing rinses will take the natural, 1B hair?

I purchased a Black Cherry rinse (I thought it was Cherry Cola, but whatevs) and now I'm being told that it basically won't do anything to my hair. I still have some highlights (dyed) and my hair has natural highlights. I just want to make sure that I'll see something. LOL

TIA.

You'll see the the color more on the highlighted areas. As for the areas that aren't highlighted, the color will show in sunlight and bright lighting.
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 2:08am

Two things I forgot to warn everyone about red hair color. 1; You might want to avoid wearing white and light colors for a while since reds ALWAYS bleed like crazy until they fade out. 2; Red is diffiuclt to completely fade out. If you're looking to go blonde from red, getting those orange, gold, pink undertones out can take some effort.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 08 2013 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by RedSoxtober RedSoxtober wrote:

Vegetable Dyes (aka semi-permenant dye, rinse)

With bold haircolor being quite mainstream, there's a number of companies to choose from. I'm going to list the ones I have used in the past.

MANIC PANIC http://www.manicpanic.com/- This stuff has been around since the 70's and is easy to find in most cities. The first time I used was in the mid 90's when it was a gel and they had only a few colors. Now, it's a cream (more like a lotion consistancy to me) and in a bunch of colors some that glow under a blacklight. I'm personally not a fan of this brand due to a few problems. 1. The color fades too quickly 2. The dyes separate and shift in the jars unopened. If you do buy this brand, please check for the color separating or changing. (for example the orange shades turn brown, the dye separates causing white swirls.)

SPECIAL EFFECTS- NOt sure what happened to their website. Looks like they've shut down Confused. If you want bright, bright, bright, hair, this brand is (or was) it. It cost a bit more than the others but, well worth it. It's like a creamy lotion consistancy, a little goes a long way and lasts a long while (with good care). Hi-Octane Orange was my favorite in this brand. I used it straight up on level 9 bleached hair and used it to freshen up when I used a level 6 Red Orange hair color (Clairol Torrids in Audacious Red....discontinued).

JEROME RUSSELL PUNKY COLOUR http://jeromerussell.com/product/punky-color/- My personal favorite. This brand used to come in many colors and two formulas; Creme and gelle. It only come in creme nowadays and may be hard to find locally. It's a thick, creamy consistancy (works like a deep conditoner) and is true to color. My favorites (in the red family) were Flame, RED RED, and Fire.

DIRECTIONS by La RICHE- http://www.lariche.co.uk/directions-hair-colour - This is a UK brand very similar to Punky Colour from the shade names to the consistancy. Rare to find locally but, lots of places sell this online.

ADORE by CREATIVE IMAGE- http://www.creativeimagesystems.com/adore/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=60 - This is found at a lot of local BSS. It's a runny gel like consistancy but true to color and cheap. If you have thick hair or medium to long hair (APL+) buy two bottles, apply to dry hair, and use a plastic cap with heat to get better longer lasting results. My favorite reds are Wild Cherry 069 , Raging Red 070 and Intense Red 071.

The Special Effects website is back up! http://www.specialeffectsusa.com/hair_dye.html

KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 09 2013 at 5:25am
Hey RedSoxtober Do you think it would be okay to apply semi permanent red over permanent red to keep it vibrant till next touch-up. I'm not sure if you answered this in another thread so sorry in advance if you have.
Eta: Never mind I read through again and found my answer thanks for all the info love.

Edited by KikiScorpio92 - Mar 09 2013 at 5:31am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2013 at 3:48am
Originally posted by KikiScorpio92 KikiScorpio92 wrote:

Hey RedSoxtober Do you think it would be okay to apply semi permanent red over permanent red to keep it vibrant till next touch-up. I'm not sure if you answered this in another thread so sorry in advance if you have.
Eta: Never mind I read through again and found my answer thanks for all the info love.
Just in case anyone else here is wondering, yes. Smile Red shades lose their vibrance the fastest and applying a semi perm red will give your color life again. It can be apllied straight on ( a tint brush is best) or mixed in with a deep condtiioner. Just be careful not to apply to the roots because it may alter the results of touch-ups.
simranbhalla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simranbhalla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2013 at 3:54am
Red color hair looks gives gorgeous look.My mother & my elder sister using red color hair mostly.Now a days me also using red color.Now i am looking very good. Trust me once try red color then you will got some positive looks.

Wink
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123