Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The RED Hair Color Family

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
love_angel011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:35pm
Can I dye my extensions jet black after they've been dyed to a burgundy red color or is there some sort of color corrector or color remover that I should use first so the hair doesn't turn a diff color?
Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by love_angel011 love_angel011 wrote:

Can I dye my extensions jet black after they've been dyed to a burgundy red color or is there some sort of color corrector or color remover that I should use first so the hair doesn't turn a diff color?

Since you're dyeing the extension hair jet black, there's no need to do any color correction beforehand.  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by 4ever214ever 4ever214ever wrote:

I'm brown skinned but I want kind of a vibrant red color. Not like crazy Rihanna red but something pretty and vibrant.. I wear back to back sew-ins so mostly it'll be the weave that gets the color but also my horseshoe left out which is about 1B in color. How would I go about this and what colors do you guys suggest??

If you're looking for haircolor inspiration, you can flip trough haircolor magazines, do internet searches, or browse the haircolor swatches at SALLY's or your local BSS.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 11:31pm
has anyone tried the clairol beautiful rinse in amethyst? is more of a deep burgundy red, or a purply red?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2013 at 11:31pm
k thanks =)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 7:53pm

has anyone tried the clairol beautiful rinse in amethyst? is more of a deep burgundy red, or a purply red?

I haven't used Clairol Beautiful Collection in Amethyst B40W (Level 3) but I can tell you that the "W" at the end means it is a warm shade. From the looks of the swatch I saw in the store and my knowlegde of this line, it will be a warm rich dark brown red....more on the burgandy side. You should do a strand test to see how it turns out. If not, you can always return the bottle with your receipt. I've done it dozens of times Wink.

Edited by RedSoxtober - Jan 20 2013 at 8:02pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by dOLLish. dOLLish. wrote:

I used to love Clairol Jazzing's rinses. I hated that they discontinued some of the colors and it became harder to find my color (spiced cognac Tongue).
I've been itching to go red without the committment.

Thanks for creating this post and sharing this information! Star
Me too.Cry  Some local BSS do carry the discontunued shades. If there's one in your area, I think Spiced Cognac is one of the shade they still sell. Cherry Cola is my favorite red shade from Jazzing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 12:24am
Here's a list of a few permenant hair dye brands that I have used. Please feel free to add brands you have used and your experiences with them. Smile All can be found at most BSS and SALLY's. Please be careful buying permenant hair dye from the local BSS, for hair dye only has about a 3 year shelf life and we all know some products will SIT on shelves for a good 10+ years collecting a dust.                                             

Clap1,000th post! Clap

Clairol Professional http://www.clairolpro.com/collections/gray-hair-color. My favorite collections are Miss Clairol (now Soy 4 Complex), Torrids (sadly discontinuedCry) and Radiance Colorgloss (ah crap they discontinued the red shade!) The shades are true, the liqud hairdye mixture turn to an easy to apply gel when mixed with liquid developer. I havent used their creme colors.Can be applied by tint bottle or tint brush.

Ion Color Brilliance http://www.ionprofessional.com// This is only sold at SALLY's and has specials often. Use with the Ion developers (which smells decent) and is great if you have a sensitive scalp. Their shades are easy to read and there's a little pamphlet at the display to help you figure out which level of developer and hair dye to use to achieve your haircolor. I've used the liquid and creme hair colors with great results.

Wella Color Charm http://wella.com/en-EN/home.aspx Found in most BSS and SALLY'S also frequent specials. To be honest I haven't used this brand of hair dye since 1997 maybe 98 but, it really is a great line and I plan on using Wella again sometime in the near future. The old color codes were a little confusing for me to read back then which was my only reason for not sticking with this brand through the years. Actually after having a bit of a disaster with Manic Panic (back when it was just a gel) I used to Wella to go honey blonde ( can't remember the code) and it was gorgeous, and looked like it was my natural haircolor. 

L'Oreal Technique Excellence Hi-Color http://www.lorealtechnique.com/hicolor_01.shtml Found at the BSS and SALLY's. I've only had good experiences using the red shades by Hi-Color. This stuff says it's meant for dark hair but it's really isn't all that special....the thing that makes it work for dark hair is 30 VOLUME DEVELOPER...of course if your hair is relaxed the directions call for 20 volume.

L'Oreal Professional Feria http://www.lorealtechnique.com/feria.shtml The first time I used Feria was when it first came out as a box dye sold only at drugstores. A few years later they started selling it at SALLY's a few other pro BSS. The colors are bold but can fade quickly. The post color deep conditioner they have is awesome.

There's a few more that are box dyes from Revlon, Clairol, L'Oreal that  have used. Once I can remember the specific lines form each brand, I'll post'em Wink.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote love_angel011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by RedSoxtober RedSoxtober wrote:

I haven't used Clairol Beautiful Collection in Amethyst B40W (Level 3) but I can tell you that the "W" at the end means it is a warm shade. From the looks of the swatch I saw in the store and my knowlegde of this line, it will be a warm rich dark brown red....more on the burgandy side. You should do a strand test to see how it turns out. If not, you can always return the bottle with your receipt. I've done it dozens of times Wink.

sounds like what im going for, thanks again =)
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 24 2013 at 3:38am
Do you think Jazzing rinses will take the natural, 1B hair?

I purchased a Black Cherry rinse (I thought it was Cherry Cola, but whatevs) and now I'm being told that it basically won't do anything to my hair. I still have some highlights (dyed) and my hair has natural highlights. I just want to make sure that I'll see something. LOL

TIA.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style