BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"The Purge"...Racist Undertones?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 6:25am
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I don't think "everybody" is focusing on this one guy.  They are simply telling the story of this particular situation.  From what I can see in the trailer......everybody is loosing their mind out there.  Bruh got caught out side and the Klan decided they were gonna take this nigra out for breathing the white man's air.
i think the movie implies this happens "everywhere" during the purge, and these 6+ sickos got this black man.
Sponsored Links

marnee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marnee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 6:51am
It is at least filmed in Missouri.  I don't know if Missouri is actually supposed to be the backdrop for the movie.
I have seen the trailer, but am not a fan of home invasion movies.  I was planning to pass up on this one in any case.
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 7:01am
I like it. I hope they kill the whole family. You know how many movies I've seen where everyone dies for the one White girl? I keep thinking,"We'll just kill her. Duh!" If everyone in the movies dies to save the Black guy, I won't think it is racist. Say what you will about me.

Edited by Limalady - Apr 29 2013 at 7:01am
UrbanElegance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanElegance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 7:58am
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was deeply disturbed by this preview. As I said before, I haven't seen the movie so I hope it's not as deep as I'm interpreting it. Check out this link below though, it explains some very deep racial motives of this film.

http://racismws.com/2013/04/13/is-the-purge-movie-a-rallying-cry-for-white-america/comment-page-1/http://racismws.com/2013/04/13/is-the-purge-movie-a-rallying-cry-for-white-america/comment-page-1/

Edited by UrbanElegance - Apr 29 2013 at 8:00am
Cocoa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cocoa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 8:18am
SMH! Hollywood 'cant win for losing'
*shrug*

Carmensworld View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Carmensworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 8:56am
The whole white savior thing is tired. White people need to stop using blacks in film unless they are superior or winning.
Unregistered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Unregistered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 12:35pm
Damn, I seen the preview and even I had to question why they had the lone Black guy sweating like he stole something being targeted.
Seeing that preview automatically makes the viewer say "Damn, why did he try and save that nigg@".

There are definitely some subliminals going on under the guise of "good intentions".
I am up in the air on if I will see this movie or not.
Le Madonna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Le Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 12:38pm
Are yall serious? Its a fckin movie. 
CherryBlossom View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote CherryBlossom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 12:41pm
^^
Just because something is simply entertainment doesn't mean it's simple entertainment.

There's a helluva lot to be said about how movies have represented and continue to represent black people.

Edited by CherryBlossom - Apr 29 2013 at 6:13pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2013 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Unregistered Unregistered wrote:

Damn, I seen the preview and even I had to question why they had the lone Black guy sweating like he stole something being targeted.
Seeing that preview automatically makes the viewer say "Damn, why did he try and save that nigg@".

There are definitely some subliminals going on under the guise of "good intentions".
I am up in the air on if I will see this movie or not.
DeadLOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>