Author
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Problem with Being Discouraged
    Posted: Jun 08 2009 at 11:28am
Today's Topic: The Problem with Being Discouraged
Author: Jerry Savelle
Today's Confession: I will be strong and courageous because God is always with me!
Devotional:
Today I want to talk to you about discouragement. How many times have you read in the Bible the words “Be of good courage”? Discouragement is the opposite of that. In fact, God told Joshua to not be discouraged four times after he took the place of Moses in leading Israel. To be of good courage means “the attitude, response or ability to face and deal bravely and fearlessly with anything recognized as being difficult, painful and even dangerous without withdrawing from it.”

Many times you hear of courage described by what people do in dangerous situations. That’s how God wants His people to be. In every situation put before you that could prove difficult or even be dangerous, God wants you to stand fearlessly and without withdrawing from it. That’s the reason He told us to resist the devil. He didn’t say that when we experience great difficulty we are to run like the wind.

In Ephesians 6:10-18, Paul talks about the spiritual armor that God wants us to put on. Notice that it’s all worn on the front of the body. There is no weapon for the backside because we’re not in the business of retreating. It’s about moving forward. Paul never mentions backing off. He never mentions taking on the attitude of a coward.

Being discouraged also means having a lack of confidence. Have you ever gone along real well in your journey of faith, confessing the Word and being full of joy, and then a bad report comes your way? There’s a tendency to pay close attention to it. If you start dwelling on that bad report, it will drop down into your spirit, and then your confidence in God will be lost.

The first thing that happens when you get discouraged is that you start doubting God. When you doubt God, then you doubt His Word. You say things that are contrary to what God says. When you’re discouraged, you quit saying, “The joy of the Lord is my strength and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” When you are discouraged, you talk what the devil says; and when this happens, you are headed for a shipwreck.

Discouragement is a destroyer of faith. Psalm 31 tells what happens when you start doubting God. “For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes” (Ps. 31:22, KJV). In their discouragement, a lot people say things like this: “I don’t know why God never answers my prayers.” Don’t allow yourself to talk like that. Cast those thoughts down and speak what God says. He says that He will never forsake you.

Today you need to hope in the Lord and refuse to become discouraged. God rewards those who remain confident.

Sponsored Links

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic