Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The power of makeup
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
 

The power of makeup

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 64>






Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 30 2006
Location: Cali
Status: Offline
Points: 225837
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 6:16am
No they don't wonderland, just stop it...
You must wear makeup in order to look polished. There's no way around it.
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 22 2010
Location: Maryland
Status: Offline
Points: 33548
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 6:50am
Lol honestly idc just don't put your insecurities on others. Let barefaced people be happy.
Back to Top
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 22 2010
Location: Maryland
Status: Offline
Points: 33548
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 6:53am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

oh and i must say, i hate when people say things like "she should just work on her skin and not wear makeup"....

not everyone is born with clear free skin just like not everyone is born with hair down their back with no effort.





girl don't waste your time

the main ones saying it have minimal to no break outs and rarely, if ever, scar

or they are the ones who sought treatment, it worked and act as if it should be that easy for everyone else, as if their treatment is the end all be all cure for acne for everyone

.....you don't see me in the skinny threads saying "just eat more jiffy cornbread"
I didn't even hear anyway say anything like that in this thread.
Back to Top
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 06 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 288542
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 9:28am
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

i just thought of something.

men don't wear makeup, but they look polished with nothing more than facial hair grooming.




lol
Back to Top
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2006
Location: southside holla
Status: Offline
Points: 238947
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 10:20am
oh snap!!!!!!!
 
lmaaaaooooooooooooooooo
Back to Top
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 27 2006
Location: Kingston, JA.
Status: Offline
Points: 89094
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 10:22am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

anyway im not judging..im trying to figure out how to contour my nose...not to make it look smaller..i just like the way the highlighted bridge looks...can i just highlight my bridge farraface?


countouring will make it appear smaller tho


in general, i side-eye countouring noses in particular....#nojudging

as for the two ladies in the OP, they look like the same people to me, just with flawless skin. The MUA didnt give them brad new cheekbones

Back to Top
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jun 08 2006
Location: southside holla
Status: Offline
Points: 238947
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 10:22am
on another note,  i am gonna try revlon colorstay foundation...
Back to Top
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 27 2006
Location: Kingston, JA.
Status: Offline
Points: 89094
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 10:29am
Originally posted by ilovelife ilovelife wrote:

I used to have bad acne and I think it was mostly due to age, as I got older it went away and now I've been using a variety of products instead of a regime like ProActive, etc. I think MUA are "artist" skin is their canvas. I love playing in my makeup and contouring and highlighting. I do think the ladies in the pictures should really focus on the care of their skin and not try to hide behind it, too much make up can cause pore clogging and make skin worse


If my skin looked like that, i think i would still want to do some cover up, while im focusing on skin care. No way around it, if your acne is that bad

Back to Top
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: May 27 2006
Location: Kingston, JA.
Status: Offline
Points: 89094
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 10:30am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

on another note,  i am gonna try revlon colorstay foundation...


You havent yet? Its great.../although i do think that flawless quality it had has gone down half a notch or so over the past 5 years. its still my go to foundation tho

Back to Top
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 06 2005
Status: Offline
Points: 288542
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 10:32am
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:


Originally posted by Spokenword Spokenword wrote:

oh and i must say, i hate when people say things like "she should just work on her skin and not wear makeup"....

not everyone is born with clear free skin just like not everyone is born with hair down their back with no effort.





girl don't waste your time

the main ones saying it have minimal to no break outs and rarely, if ever, scar

or they are the ones who sought treatment, it worked and act as if it should be that easy for everyone else, as if their treatment is the end all be all cure for acne for everyone

.....you don't see me in the skinny threads saying "just eat more jiffy cornbread"
I didn't even hear anyway say anything like that in this thread.


Originally posted by ilovelife ilovelife wrote:

I used to have bad acne and I think it was mostly due to age, as I got older it went away and now I've been using a variety of products instead of a regime like ProActive, etc. I think MUA are "artist" skin is their canvas. I love playing in my makeup and contouring and highlighting. I do think the ladies in the pictures should really focus on the care of their skin and not try to hide behind it, too much make up can cause pore clogging and make skin worse

Back to Top
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 64>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down