Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The power of makeup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 59>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:09pm
I don't believe that y'all truly believe that it's impossible to look polished without makeup

You've been conditioned, it's sad
Sponsored Links

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Flowing-Ice Flowing-Ice wrote:

Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

But to say someone needs makeup or looks stupid, unpolished, unfinished, unkempt, inappropriate, or unfit (for the event like a black tie fundraiser or a business meeting for example) because they choose not to use makeup is just laughable.

man. its just the truth. 
why do we always have to be politically correct. Sleepy

That's your truth. And that's society's truth (beauty standards blah blah blah).

Doesn't mean everyone subscribes to it or agrees.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:11pm

You can be clean and offensive odor free without using soap and deodorant. 

the many africans i have met from the motherland and the french ppl i have encountered will disprove this point.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

Don't tell that lie! I've been on one too many subway cars stuck next to someone who either hasn't used soap/deodorant in too long or who didn't buy a strong enough deodorant.

Cleaning yourself isn't optional but should be required. Deodorant (or its natural alternative) are not optional either.

Deodorants cause cancer. How dare you suggest people should get cancer because their natural body odor isn't pleasing to you.

*flaps arms 5 times & leaves*

I guess you missed the part you bolded that said "natural alternative".

uhm...she's being sarcastic
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:13pm
and thats fine if thats not your truth. 
but to say that its laughable is ridiculous. society has certain standards. 

if you're at a ball with all the fixings, and say that make-up is going too far is ridiculous. 
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:14pm
Bless y'alls heart's.
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

I don't believe that y'all truly believe that it's impossible to look polished without makeup

show me. 
forreal. show me someone who went to a formal event, no make-up and looks polished. 

i mean, you can try to get as close as possible if you want. 
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

the many africans i have met from the motherland and the french ppl i have encountered will disprove this point.

Some people sweat a lot. Some people eat foods that give them a not so great odor. Some people don't wash properly or thoroughly or often enough.

That does not mean it's impossible to be clean and offensive odor free without using soap and deodorant. Some people can do it, some people can't.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:16pm

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Some people sweat a lot. Some people eat foods that give them a not so great odor. Some people don't wash properly or thoroughly or often enough.

That does not mean it's impossible to be clean and offensive odor free without using soap and deodorant. Some people can do it, some people can't.

i would say most ppl cannot. in the winter---most can get by maybe. in the summer time with humid east coast summers? no.
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

right, all you need is a clean presentation...clean face, clean teeth, neat hair, clean nails, pressed clothes....if you added a little make up, will you look better...yes...if you don't...you still look polished.  if your skin is like the people in the OP then make up is better bc your skin issues can be a distraction to some people out there...ive never felt distracted by someone's lack of use of make up unless there was something huge and distracting on their face...never just everyday blemishes. i've been far more distracted by certain make up applications.

if we're talking about a ball, a wedding, etc etc...then that's a whole different thing but im thinking more in terms of everyday.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 59>
  Share Topic