Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The power of makeup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 59>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 4:33am
I would like to wear makeup more. But finding a foundation shade that looks right is an unattainable dream. I saw the infomercial for the Luminess Air brush machine.....but that thing costs a grip and the reviews are less than stellar. So, I fill in the brows, slap on some lashes and hope for the best!
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:17am
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

So even though it's obvious that Naomi Campbell doesn't need edges, I shouldn't say she would look better with/could use some?

baheee!LOL
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 6:18am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

naomi has the resources.  the edges must be gone forever so god bless her.

he did. with a pvssy that's yankin & a white man who buys her islands.

yanking pvssy>>>>>>>>.edges

right?LOL
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 8:08am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

That subject interests me Patti.
Specifically where it concerns the black community well I won't delve that far ill just keep it to things I've personally observed where I'm from.

Lots of folk see shame as not a negative trait to have.
I remember my great grandma saying do not trust a person that cannot be shamed.
And I hear variations of this sentiment all the time.

Ok this is an entirely different subject but I was waiting in the records office to add a class .
I sat and waited patiently .
This white guy comes through the hallway loudly complaining about a professor having a vendetta against him.
He makes small talk with me and says he was about to stretch.

So he gets in the middle of the floor with advisors and counselors having to step to the other side bc he is stretching for his life guard session.

It blew my mind I would be so shamed to make another person uncomfortable in that way.
He caused a spectacle of himself.

I thought to myself about white men thinking the world is their oyster .

I would just never do such a thing .

Ok that's off topic but it was interesting to me

lol, this cracked me up, i think with people of African decent yes shaming is more acceptable. i cant imagine an African student doing the same in an African school, teachers will immediately call you out. 
pattigurlatl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pattigurlatl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 8:22am
Jonesable read Sister Citizen...it touches on shame as a driving force in many decisions that black people make from the mundane to the serious.
bebe88 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bebe88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 10:16am
Has anyone here ever successfully grown out their eyebrows that were previously thin? I have next to no brow and it is starting to frost my damn cookies. I'm desperate enough to consider getting them tatted on.
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 10:58am
Originally posted by bebe88 bebe88 wrote:

Has anyone here ever successfully grown out their eyebrows that were previously thin? I have next to no brow and it is starting to frost my damn cookies. I'm desperate enough to consider getting them tatted on.

I've been growing my out with castor oil and time but after years of waxing them thin there is one spot that just ain't coming back.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 11:18am

Y'all are tryna make it like this thread was just full of nicely suggesting/commenting about how one could look better with makeup..
But it was laid with shade
Insinuating that ppl who don't wear it don't look polished, don't care about looking their best, and typically delusional..
Plus more I'm sure.. Didn't read the whole thread but these always go the same way.

Like some of y'all get offended when ppl comment about not needing it or something

Edited by coconess - Jan 27 2013 at 11:23am
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 11:31am
i rarely, if ever, wore make up when i was younger...sans some lip balm  lol.  i ain't have time for all that.

and i was STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL cute and polished...
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 11:34am
No you weren't TC. No such thing..
You looked rough and could have really really benefitted from makeup.
Always room for improvement
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 59>
  Share Topic