Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The power of makeup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 64>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 12:09am
i tried to get my eyebrows threaded once when it was newish and they were doing it for free in the malls 

i didnt even get through half.. the pain was too much 
Sponsored Links

modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 12:14am
I've been threading for years. All threaders are not equal and IMO I'd avoid the ones located in the center of the malls. I have like 2 spots that I prefer, one that's super quick (and cheap) when I'm in a rush. And one that falls under the title of "brow bar" and is very upscale. They do an amazing job and threading takes 10x longer but they go beyond just threading to making it a full experience. Plus they always do private events. :) 
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 12:25am
Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by babyk94 babyk94 wrote:

Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

Why does someone always gotta come up in here talkin about everybody can use a bit of makeup? Um, no. But maybe you can?

Lol some people look better without it. You see what you wanna see.

very few people.
Not everyone needs a bit of make up that's all I'm really saying lol

I don't think I have ever seen a woman who has not benefited from a bit of make up.. call it a stretch but it is true imho.
Eden. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eden. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 12:27am
i wish i had eyebrows to thread.

i haven't waxed since i was 17. my brows thin as hell.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 12:29am
castor oil helps regrow brows! For real, my threaders told me that and it works! :) 
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:05am
Originally posted by modelbusiness82 modelbusiness82 wrote:

I've been threading for years. All threaders are not equal and IMO I'd avoid the ones located in the center of the malls. I have like 2 spots that I prefer, one that's super quick (and cheap) when I'm in a rush. And one that falls under the title of "brow bar" and is very upscale. They do an amazing job and threading takes 10x longer but they go beyond just threading to making it a full experience. Plus they always do private events. :) 

i got my brows threaded at a random place in brooklyn and the woman did an amazing job....i get my brows done typically in DC by one woman...i love threading much better than wax. the woman i go to is very very popular bc for some reason it does not hurt when she does it...idk if it's bc she's so quick. some people you can feel them pulling every single hair. ouch!

Edited by EPITOME - Jan 27 2013 at 1:08am
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:20am
Summary: That's your face, however little or however much you choose to enhance it is just fine with me.

Extended cut, with commentary :

They only time "need" came into this thread it was preceded by "don't" which was usually preceded by "I."

Could use (would benefit from) =/= need.

I have seen 99.9% of the faces that go with the screen names that have posted in this thread, and I can say without an ounce of shade that there isn't a single one of y'all (male or female) who would not look better with some makeup.

I did NOT say any one was ugly.
I did NOT say any one needed makeup.
I did NOT say any one should never go outside without makeup.
I did NOT say any one should be uncomfortable with their natural face.

What I said was, errbody's appearance can be enhanced, cuz ain't no damn body flawless.

Now, if you don't want to look any better than you naturally do, that is perfectly fine with me.

And if you want to look as close to flawless/airbushed as you possibly can at all times, that too, is perfectly fine with me.

Edited by FarraFace - Jan 27 2013 at 1:52am
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:28am
Farra, you know good and well I dont need no makeup.

I came out the womb flawlessCool.
FarraFace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote FarraFace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:30am
Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Kinda mindblowing that we have so many threads that essentially argue for or against appearance enhancement, on an internet message board created specifically to help with appearance enhancement, isn't it?

eta

Edited by FarraFace - Jan 27 2013 at 1:37am
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 1:33am
Originally posted by FarraFace FarraFace wrote:

Originally posted by **Sk!TtLeS B** **Sk!TtLeS B** wrote:

Kinda mindblowing that we have so many threads that essentially argue for or against appearance enhancement, on an internet message board created specifically to help with appearance enhancement, isn't?

smdh. it's dumb
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style