BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The power of makeup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 64>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 3.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:52pm
I don't think of shots at all, I think it's all totally subjective. What some consider 'polished', other's don't.

I, for one, hate the look of eye liner. I think it looks tacky, even when applied correctly. Like, why are you walking around with lines drawn around your eyes...

I also don't like the look of blush or lip tints.

So, subjective. I wouldn't dare tell another woman what she 'needed' based on my ideas of beauty/looking polished/etc.
Sponsored Links

BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:52pm
Some women just need to feel better than the next
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:56pm
not you organic..

but the sentiment through many post is.
and this thread has been done 50-11 times already.

but its "yeah I dont need makeup. I iz perfect"
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:59pm
i have an issue with the use of the word 'need'.  i don't understand why people keep being told what they need to do to look better.  someone can say all black women need nose jobs.  no one needs any of this stuff.
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 10:59pm
^ I can honestly say that I feel that way, and not because of make-up. Some people have other issues - like unibrows (the kind that connect in the middle and grow into the hairline towards the end), sideburns (dem fuzzy, long joints) and perhaps a bit of a mustache (Indian women tend to be hairy...I'm like Cousin It every 9th day of the month).

After I 'shave my face' and carve my eyebrows from out of my head, I do look like I'm wearing makeup LOL!
nycdiva357 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote nycdiva357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 11:14pm
lmao @ shaving my face.
you see.. there is nothing wrong w/ a little polishing.

and  can say for my profession... every female Ive come in contact w/ wears makeup. it doesn't have to be a "beat face" full of contouring and cut creases..lol

but its a little of something.

it sucks...but looks matter.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

I know not everyone prefers to wear makeup, and that's cool. I like how it makes me look, and I think most of not all women can find something to improve their looks as well. 

I also love my canvas (my natural face). You CAN love your bareface and love wearing makeup too. It is possible. You CAN use makeup to enhance what you naturally have and not necessarily be trying to cover something up or hide something.

This is how I feel. I love make up because I see it as a form of expression. At the same time, I have no problem leaving my house and being out all day sans makeup. Makeup to me is like clothes or hair. No one would expect for me to only wear one pair of pants and one shirt for the rest of my life. Just like there are outfits that fit occasions, there are make up looks to fit certain times. Same goes for hair. So, why should I be expected to shun makeup?

On a normal day, I'm probably just rocking BB cream, eyeliner and falsies. But my eyes are one of my best features, so if I'm going out or I'm doing an important meeting, you can bet that I play them up. Makeup is not something I hide behind but something to enhance the features that draw the most attention anyway.
Organic View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Organic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 11:46pm
I don't shave/arch for a more 'polished' look - by all means the brows are still bushy and big. It's definitely not for anyone elses approval or admiration. I do it mainly for age (I look older with arched brows) and for hygiene. I sweat a lot because I exercise frequently, and trapped sweat can give you a mildew smell and make you break out. Not sexy. 

The ladies I work with also wear make-up, and it is neatly applied. They look pretty. I don't have any issues with makeup at all.
ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Organic Organic wrote:

^ I can honestly say that I feel that way, and not because of make-up. Some people have other issues - like unibrows (the kind that connect in the middle and grow into the hairline towards the end), sideburns (dem fuzzy, long joints) and perhaps a bit of a mustache (Indian women tend to be hairy...I'm like Cousin It every 9th day of the month).

After I 'shave my face' and carve my eyebrows from out of my head, I do look like I'm wearing makeup LOL!
You just reminded me I need to get my eyebrows done. I'll do that today

Edited by ScorpioLuv - Jan 26 2013 at 11:58pm
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 12:02am
Originally posted by ScorpioLuv ScorpioLuv wrote:

Originally posted by Organic Organic wrote:

You just reminded me I need to get my eyebrows done. I'll do that today

Me too!LOL

But I'm holding out as long as I can, I'm going to a brow threading event at the beginning of Feb. I'm DESPERATELY in need of a threading!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 64>
  Share Topic