Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The positive thread/Inspo/Motivation thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 55>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.08  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 5:17pm
i am so blessed to have hair that defies the laws of gravity. i am so blessed to have hair that grows upwards and outwards like the petals of a blossoming flower or the branches of a proud tree.

"Always go with your passions. Never ask yourself if it’s realistic or not."

"I sit before flowers
hoping they will train me in the art
of opening up

I stand on mountain tops believing
that avalanches will teach me to let go

I know
nothing

but I am here to learn."

"There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious."

awakenedvibrations:    ๑The Realm of Awakened Vibrations ๑
"Your soul knows what it needs, when it needs it. Don’t let your third dimensional mind get in the way. Follow your soul; it will always lead you to your truth.

Listen to that ‘gut feeling’ and trust it… it is the light from within informing you. Your higher self guiding you."

"You don’t get better on the days when you feel like going. You get better on the days when you don’t want to go, but you go anyway. If you can overcome the negative energy coming from your tired body or unmotivated mind, you will grow and become better. It won’t be the best workout you have, you won’t accomplish as much as what you usually do when you actually feel good, but that doesn’t matter. Growth is a long term game, and the crappy days are more important."

"I don’t use the word minority because there is nothing minor about me."

"They should teach self-love in school."
"You are immortal; you exist for billions of years in different manifestations, because you are Life, and Life cannot die. You are in the trees, the butterflies, the fish, the air, the moon, the sun. Wherever you go, you are there, waiting for yourself."

Sponsored Links

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 5:22pm
A woman who finds beauty within herself without comparing to other women will always win in life.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 5:36pm

1. Life is made up of so many moments. Don’t let a few bad ones ruin the rest. Whether you’re five or sixteen or twenty-two, you have many years ahead of you. There are going to be bad days and horrible nights, but they make the good times all the more worthwhile.

2. You’re going to have thousands of firsts. Your first concert, first kiss, first F on a test, first roller coaster ride, first broken heart, first job, first thing you crossed off your bucket list, and so many more. You’re always going to remember the first time you did something, but you never know when it’s going to be the last. Don’t bullsh*t or half-ass anything. Full ass it, and turn the bullsh*t into actual sh*t that is going to benefit you. Put effort into the things you do, it’ll pay off.

3. Cry. Let a few tears spill down your cheek or sob like you don’t know how to breathe. If you’re embarrassed to cry in front of someone, that’s perfectly fine. But if they make you feel bad for crying, then why do you want them in your life? If someone isn’t going to let you cry, what makes you so sure they accept you the way you are? Don’t change yourself for people. Show them who you are, what you’re like, and if they aren’t happy with that, then drop them. You don’t need any more negativity in your life.

4. Don’t make homes out of people. Home is not a pair of arms wrapped around you or a building with four walls. Home is a sense, a feeling of self-assurance and comfort. Be your own home.

5. There are 24 hours in a day and 12 months in one year. Stop wasting time on things you don’t like. Don’t drink black coffee if you don’t like it. Don’t finish books you don’t want to read. Don’t be friends with people who hurt you.

"You are immortal; you exist for billions of years in different manifestations, because you are Life, and Life cannot die. You are in the trees, the butterflies, the fish, the air, the moon, the sun. Wherever you go, you are there, waiting for yourself."

"Love yourself. Let go of that person who constantly brings you down. Let go of that person who consistently mentions the tragedies of the world. Let go of the person who can’t seem to change their ways and cause you grief. Let go of that person who you can’t truly relate to, but hold on for superficial reasons. Let go of that person who only calls you when they need help and feeling confused; just to drop their negativity on you. Let go of the person that tells you they love you but always seems to hurt, disrespect you, and has displayed dishonesty to the highest extent. These kinds of people weigh your soul down.

Do not become a doormat or a negativity sponge. Take control and find ways to make yourself happy. When your energy feels too heavy just let go of it all."

"If you don’t like where you are, move on. You are not a tree."

"Keep in mind that your light may not warm everyone’s soul and it may leave some blinded by your truth."

"The fact that I’m an artist can never be hidden. The evidence is written in my painted bed sheets, stained sweaters and the fact that I stare at people for just a few seconds too long; analizing, taking them in. The evidence that is embedded in my words and the fact that when i am asked my favorite colors I reply with a description of ‘lavender-grey and champagne’ because ‘light purple’ and ‘goldish’ just cannot capture them adequately enough. If you look closely, you can always spot a true artist. The more experienced ones have beautifully deep-rooted forehead wrinkles from all the squinting through make-shift viewfinders. Even in a black suit and tie at a business convention, the artist will be the one with the brightly colored or vividly patterned socks which resemble Van Gogh’s ‘starry night’ hidden under his dress pants. It’s in our nature."

"You will never ever ever actually discover that you are unworthy, EVER. You may create the experience of feeling unworthy, but you will never actually can be unworthy. For again, if you were truly unworthy of creation, believe me you will not exist…because creation does not make mistakes."

"I never wish to be easily defined. I’d rather float over other people’s minds as something strictly fluid and non-perceivable; more like a transparent, paradoxically iridescent creature rather than an actual person."

"He looked at me like I was crazy. Most of my lovers do, and that’s partly why they love me, and partly why they leave."

pale-vogue:    found this, and i just simply love it

"Eventually soulmates meet, for they have the same hiding place."

dickgripper:

loving yourself is so important i cant stress it enough i need you to love yourself not because its some kind of prerequisite to loving someone else but because you need to understand who you are and accept yourself be at peace with yourself your flaws your shortcomings love yourself

gentlemeninarms:    palette be privy  esoteric to discuss  colors that talk hues  - G. A.

"Eat like you love yourself.
Move like you love yourself.
Speak like you love yourself.
Act like you love yourself.
"

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious."

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 5:59pm

25 Things To Do Before You Turn 25

1. Make peace with your parents. Whether you finally recognize that they actually have your best interests in mind or you forgive them for being flawed human beings, you can’t happily enter adulthood with that familial brand of resentment.

2. Kiss someone you think is out of your league; kiss models and med students and entrepreneurs with part-time lives in Dubai and don’t worry about if they’re going to call you afterward.

3. Minimize your passivity.

4. Work a service job to gain some understanding of how tipping works, how to keep your cool around assholes, how a few kind words can change someone’s day.

5. Recognize freedom as a 5:30 a.m. trip to the diner with a bunch of strangers you’ve just met.

6. Try not to beat yourself up over having obtained a ‘useless’ Bachelor’s Degree. Debt is hell, and things didn’t pan out quite like you expected, but you did get to go to college, and having a degree isn’t the worst thing in the world to have. We will figure this mess out, I think, probably; the point is you’re not worth less just because there hasn’t been an immediate pay off for going to school. Be patient, work with what you have, and remember that a lot of us are in this together.

7. If you’re employed in any capacity, open a savings account. You never know when you might be unemployed or in desperate need of getting away for a few days. Even $10 a week is $520 more a year than you would’ve had otherwise.

8. Make a habit of going outside, enjoying the light, relearning your friends, forgetting the internet.

9. Go on a 4-day, brunch-fueled bender.

10. Start a relationship with your crush by telling them that you want them. Directly. Like, look them in the face and say it to them. Say, I want you. I want to be with you.

11. Learn to say ‘no’ — to yourself. Don’t keep wearing high heels if you hate them; don’t keep smoking if you’re disgusted by the way you smell the morning after; stop wasting entire days on your couch if you’re going to complain about missing the sun.

12. Take time to revisit the places that made you who you are: the apartment you grew up in, your middle school, your hometown. These places may or may not be here forever; you definitely won’t be.

13. Find a hobby that makes being alone feel lovely and empowering and like something to look forward to.

14. Think you know yourself until you meet someone better than you.

15. Forget who you are, what your priorities are, and how a person should be.

16. Identify your fears and instead of letting them dictate your every move, find and talk to people who have overcome them. Don’t settle for experiencing .000002% of what the world has to offer because you’re afraid of getting on a plane.

17. Make a habit of cleaning up and letting go. Just because it fit at one point doesn’t mean you need to keep it forever — whether ‘it’ is your favorite pair of pants or your ex.

18. Stop hating yourself.

19. Go out and watch that movie, read that book, listen to that band you already lied about watching, reading, listening to.

20. Take advantage of health insurance while you have it.

21. Make a habit of telling people how you feel, whether it means writing a gushing fan-girl email to someone whose work you love or telling your boss why you deserve a raise.

22. Date someone who says, “I love you” first.

23. Leave the country under the premise of “finding yourself.” This will be unsuccessful. Places do not change people. Instead, do a lot of solo drinking, read a lot of books, have sex in dirty hostels, and come home when you start to miss it.

24. Suck it up and buy a Macbook Pro.

25. Quit that job that’s making you miserable, end the relationship that makes you act like a lunatic, lose the friend whose sole purpose in life is making you feel like you’re perpetually on the verge of vomiting. You’re young, you’re resilient, there are other jobs and relationships and friends if you’re patient and open.

"If you ever find yourself in the wrong story, leave."

bigbardafree:

deciding i was pretty was the best thing that i ever did

one day i was just like

this im pretty

and i was

A man: I want happiness.
Buddha: First remove "I", that's ego, then remove "want", that's desire. See? Now you are left with happiness.

"You have to find the right distance between people. Too close, and they overwhelm you, too far and they abandon you."
aseaofquotes:    Dave Eggers,&nbsp;A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius

"It’s funny. When you leave your home and wander really far, you always think, ‘I want to go home.’ But then you come home, and of course it’s not the same. You can’t live with it, you can’t live away from it. And it seems like from then on there’s always this yearning for some place that doesn’t exist. I felt that. Still do. I’m never completely at home anywhere."

"We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don’t have something better."

الجيات أحسن من الرايحات
What is coming is better than what is gone."

wordsflowingin:

the moment you realize
that your bones are made of the same dust
as the planets, 
your lungs are breathing the same air
as the migrating butterflies,
and your blood is pumping because
of the love and care of thousands;

is when you realize
that you are not as broken
as you think you are. 
you are full
of the world.

Have you ever just looked at someone and thought, “I really love you”. They’re just talking or humming or watching a movie or reading a book or laughing or something, and there’s something about them in that moment—their body is alive, there’s a light in their eyes, something—that makes you think, “I just really love you.” It’s a weird sensation to think this, but it’s pretty awesome that we can feel this way about another being.

&nbsp;
a-l-l-e-n-t-h-o-m-a-s:    to whom it may concern,

"Getting over a bad experience is much like crossing the monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward."

"Close your eyes and imagine the best version of you possible. That’s who you really are, let go of any part of you that doesn’t believe it."Heart
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 10:11pm
Originally posted by Starrygurl Starrygurl wrote:

I didn't mean it like that. I meet some people who have some things in common, but I suck at making friends. Birds?Embarrassed

lmao huh?
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 2:23pm
Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

I didn't mean it like that. I meet some people who have some things in common, but I suck at making friends. Birds?Embarrassed

lmao huh?

You said something about birds, I think. NvmLOL
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 4:57pm
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2014 at 5:13pm

Originally posted by ModelessDiva ModelessDiva wrote:

lmao huh?

You said something about birds, I think. NvmLOL

LOLyea i was saying i dont wanna anymore birds as friends
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 3:50pm
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2014 at 5:18pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 55>
  Share Topic