Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The positive thread/Inspo/Motivation thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 56>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.08  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:41pm
HeartHeartHeartClap
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

Sponsored Links

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:42pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:46pm
im loving thisClapCryHeart
esp the bolded

Originally posted by Starrygurl Starrygurl wrote:

"The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts."

daeizm:

I’m not the same soul I once was. A lot has changed. A lot had to change. So you shouldn’t expect out of me what I embodied in the past. For that part of me no longer exists.

(via shydeiac)

I just want to runaway and live in a cabin in the woods already. I want to grow a huge garden, drink tea naked on the porch and live peacefully. I want to be surrounded by positive, adoring, and loving people and have this sadness washed away from me.

"You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."

"When I say be creative I don’t mean that you should all go and become great painters and great poets. I simply mean let your life be a painting, let your life be a poem."

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."

things you should stop doing

shydeiac:

• waste time on the wrong people
  • run from my own problems
  • lie to myself
  • stop putting my own needs on the back barrier
  • be someone i’m not
  • hold onto the past
  • being scared to make a mistake
  • berating myself for old mistakes
  • trying to buying happiness
  • thinking you’re not ready
  • getting involved in relationships for the wrong reasons
  • rejecting new relationships because the old ones didn’t work out
  • competing against everyone else
  • being jealous of others
  • complaining and feeling sorry for yourself
  • holding grudges
  • letting others bring you down to their level
  • explaining yourself to others
  • overlooking the beauty of small moments
  • acting like everything is fine if it isn’t
  • trying to be everything to everyone
  • focusing on what you don’t want to happen
  • worrying so much

"Stop beating yourself up. You are a work in progress - which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once."

"Our souls are not hungry for fame, comfort, wealth, or power. Those rewards create almost as many problems as they solve. Our souls are hungry for meaning, for the sense that we have figured out how to live so that our lives matter so the world will be at least be a little bit different for our having passed through it."

Anonymous: Do you believe that you can only have one soul mate? That you can only truly love one person, forever?

no, not at all. i believe we have many soul mates. 

people often confuse a soul mate as being “the one”, that one true lover above all else. but actually, soul mates come in many shapes and forms. they are people that we agree to met during our life journey who are here to help us grow. our soul mates are the people we learn lessons from and we teach them lessons as well. soul mates are our brothers, sisters, mothers, friends, even strangers. these are the people that i believe we choose to encounter before we are even born. 

but a twin flame is the correct term for “the one.” a twin flame is our other half. before we come to this realm, we split ourselves into two and we go through this journey searching for the other half of ourselves, our twin flame. sadly, not many people will be able to meet theirs in this lifetime due to the illusions, attachments, and lack of consciousness being upheld.

love is not limited to just one person. we are allowed to love whoever we choose to. love is freedom. that is simply a third dimensional idea of monogamy. we are emotional beings, we are made to love all.

"Do this little exercise for a few minutes. Think of something or someone you are attached to; in other words, something or someone without which or without whom you think you are not going to be happy. It could be your job, your career, your profession, your friend, your money, whatever. And say to this object or person, ‘I really do not need you to be happy. I’m only deluding myself in the belief that without you I will not be happy. But I really don’t need you for my happiness; I can be happy without you. You are not my happiness, you are not my joy.’ If your attachment is a person, he or she is not going to be very happy to hear you say this, but go ahead anyway. You can say it in the secrecy of your heart. In any case, you’ll be making contact with the truth; you’ll be smashing through a fantasy. Happiness is a state of non-illusion, of dropping the illusion."

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:50pm
i do all these except for number one

"Think Less, Feel More"Ermm

Doggone virgo sunAngry

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:54pm
yeah, that does not compute to us, lol

"think what???? nah, son.  Lemme go digest what the bish said to me earlier, and decipher if I need to beat huh ass tomrw morning... -_-"
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by CLCNY20 CLCNY20 wrote:

yeah, that does not compute to us, lol

"think what???? nah, son.  Lemme go digest what the bish said to me earlier, and decipher if I need to beat huh ass tomrw morning... -_-"

exactly smh....sigh

i can do EVERYTHING under the sun BUT "think less and feel more"...

...like trying to mix oil with water
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:02pm
Heartin love with the bolded

"You are not responsible for the actions of those who hated themselves so much that they hurt you."

"It is our own mental attitude which makes the world what it is for us. Our thoughts make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light."

"I am coming to terms with the fact that loving someone requires a leap of faith, and that a soft landing is never guaranteed." 
^^^So true^^^

"All the people sent to us are our reflection. They are given for us to correct our mistakes looking at them; and when we are correcting them, these people are also changing or leaving our life."

1. Who you are now is not who you will be in 10 years. It is okay to be somebody new 10 minutes from now. We are always learning. We are always growing. If you realized 10 seconds ago that you don’t like who you are, shed your skin, retry, replant yourself in good soil.Heart

2. Cleaning is instant therapy. When your brain is muddy, take a shower, wash your hands, change your clothes. Spend 15 minutes straightening your living room. When you are angry, scrub things. I know it’s crazy but it works instantly.

3. Forgive someone’s debt if it’s under 50 dollars, forgive the small things, give a little time to yourself and forgive the big things too. Forgiveness isn’t about the other person, it’s about you. That being said - if someone ever hurts you in a way that would make me cry to know, you get out of there, my love. You just get up and go.

4. Gum karma is real and if you spit out a piece in public expect to find some on your shoe in the future. Same goes for insults and harsh judgement, too.

5. Do what you love and the money will follow.

6. Live your life with an open palm and give as much as you can and as often. At some point in your life, someone will lend you 50 bucks when you’re down on your luck. Remember how that feels. Remember to give that back.

7. Always wear clean underwear. You’ll thank me later.ConfusedDead

8. There is a difference between being kind and being passive and there are those who cannot see that difference. They will try to walk all over you. Never bend your knees for those who do.

9. Have faith. Have faith in god or people or yourself or science or in luck or in all of the above. Faith is what keeps us going, faith is what keeps us strong.

10. Pay your bills on time whenever you can, although money is nothing. Remind yourself that.

11. Do not forget you were once ignorant of all you know now. Be patient of anyone who hasn’t had the education you have. Speak at the level of the person you are with - it’s not playing dumb, it’s being considerate. There’s no reason to make them feel uncomfortable. Plus then when someone starts going off about their superior IQ, you can cut them to pieces and watch their face when you do.

12. You are the best person in the room for one particular thing, and that’s confidence. You are the worst person in the room for another thing, and that’s humility. Use both carefully.

13. Never make fun of someone’s beliefs or superstitions, let your kid keep their imaginary friend and let your best buddy believe in knocking on wood. We all have security blankets. Don’t take away someone else’s.

14. Try to learn something new every day.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

15. The worse you look, the more likely you are to run into someone you know so instead of feeling awkward, learn to be confident in sweats while talking to your friends.

16. Never go to bed angry, it will ruin your sleep and make tomorrow even harder. Find a way to relax. Don’t let today get to your head.

17. Think before you speak. When someone says something, mull over their words before answering. This is called listening, it is different than hearing.ClapClap

18. What keeps love beautiful is that there’s risk involved. If he breaks your heart and it doesn’t hurt, it wasn’t love in the first place.

19. Never let someone else determine who you are or how happy. You are too strong to be torn apart.

20. I love you, even when we are fighting, even when I am fast asleep. Don’t doubt it for an instant. You are my everything.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 5:05pm
Starrygurl,

w-h-e-r-e are you getting all these quotes from?

I must know.Heart
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 9:50pm
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 29 2014 at 9:52pm
If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.
—  Charles Bukowski (via silvike)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 56>
  Share Topic