BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The positive thread/Inspo/Motivation thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 52>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 13 Votes, Average 4.08  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 1:49pm
"Don’t think about what can happen in a month. Don’t think about what can happen in a year. Just focus on the 24 hours in front of you and do what you can to get closer to where you want to be."

The care free black girl is the rare flower that gets overlooked but still outshines the rest of the garden

"Life always gives us exactly the teacher we need at every moment. This includes every mosquito, every misfortune, every red light, every traffic jam, every obnoxious supervisor, every illness, every loss, every moment of joy or depression, every addiction, every breath. Every moment is the guru."

findingmyrecovery:

Things to remember:

• When no one is validating you, you can validate yourself
  • When no one is comforting you, you can comfort yourself
  • When no one is kind to you, you can be kind to yourself
  • When no one believes you, you can believe yourself

You can give yourself the things that you are looking for externally. You are allowed to be good to yourself.

(via internal-acceptance-movement)

"Stop planting flowers in people’s yards who aren’t going to water them."

"Everyone needs a place. It shouldn’t be inside of someone else."

note to self: stop creating problems that don’t exist. stop worrying about things that haven’t even happened yet and probably never will. stop creating wars in your mind that don’t need to be fought. stop holding onto grudges, it will ruin your relationships. you are paranoid that everyone is out to get you when they aren’t. it’s all in your head, none of it really exist.

"What you meet in another being is the projection of your own level of evolution."

"When you find yourself drowning in self-hate, you have to remind yourself that you weren’t born feeling this way. That at some point in your journey, some person or experience sent you the message that there was something wrong with who you are, and you internalized those messages and took them on as your truth. But that hate isn’t yours to carry, and those judgments aren’t about you. And in the same way that you learned to think badly of yourself, you can learn to think new, self-loving and accepting thoughts. You can learn to challenge those beliefs, take away their power, and reclaim your own. It won’t be easy, and it won’t happen over night. But it is possible. And it starts when you decide that there has to be more to life than this pain you feel. It starts when you decide that you deserve to discover it."

Sponsored Links

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 1:55pm
"The soul becomes dyed with the color of its thoughts."

daeizm:

I’m not the same soul I once was. A lot has changed. A lot had to change. So you shouldn’t expect out of me what I embodied in the past. For that part of me no longer exists.

(via shydeiac)

I just want to runaway and live in a cabin in the woods already. I want to grow a huge garden, drink tea naked on the porch and live peacefully. I want to be surrounded by positive, adoring, and loving people and have this sadness washed away from me.

"You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection."

"When I say be creative I don’t mean that you should all go and become great painters and great poets. I simply mean let your life be a painting, let your life be a poem."

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth."

things you should stop doing

shydeiac:

• waste time on the wrong people
  • run from my own problems
  • lie to myself
  • stop putting my own needs on the back barrier
  • be someone i’m not
  • hold onto the past
  • being scared to make a mistake
  • berating myself for old mistakes
  • trying to buying happiness
  • thinking you’re not ready
  • getting involved in relationships for the wrong reasons
  • rejecting new relationships because the old ones didn’t work out
  • competing against everyone else
  • being jealous of others
  • complaining and feeling sorry for yourself
  • holding grudges
  • letting others bring you down to their level
  • explaining yourself to others
  • overlooking the beauty of small moments
  • acting like everything is fine if it isn’t
  • trying to be everything to everyone
  • focusing on what you don’t want to happen
  • worrying so much

"Stop beating yourself up. You are a work in progress - which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once."

"Our souls are not hungry for fame, comfort, wealth, or power. Those rewards create almost as many problems as they solve. Our souls are hungry for meaning, for the sense that we have figured out how to live so that our lives matter so the world will be at least be a little bit different for our having passed through it."

Anonymous: Do you believe that you can only have one soul mate? That you can only truly love one person, forever?

no, not at all. i believe we have many soul mates. 

people often confuse a soul mate as being “the one”, that one true lover above all else. but actually, soul mates come in many shapes and forms. they are people that we agree to met during our life journey who are here to help us grow. our soul mates are the people we learn lessons from and we teach them lessons as well. soul mates are our brothers, sisters, mothers, friends, even strangers. these are the people that i believe we choose to encounter before we are even born. 

but a twin flame is the correct term for “the one.” a twin flame is our other half. before we come to this realm, we split ourselves into two and we go through this journey searching for the other half of ourselves, our twin flame. sadly, not many people will be able to meet theirs in this lifetime due to the illusions, attachments, and lack of consciousness being upheld.

love is not limited to just one person. we are allowed to love whoever we choose to. love is freedom. that is simply a third dimensional idea of monogamy. we are emotional beings, we are made to love all.

"Do this little exercise for a few minutes. Think of something or someone you are attached to; in other words, something or someone without which or without whom you think you are not going to be happy. It could be your job, your career, your profession, your friend, your money, whatever. And say to this object or person, ‘I really do not need you to be happy. I’m only deluding myself in the belief that without you I will not be happy. But I really don’t need you for my happiness; I can be happy without you. You are not my happiness, you are not my joy.’ If your attachment is a person, he or she is not going to be very happy to hear you say this, but go ahead anyway. You can say it in the secrecy of your heart. In any case, you’ll be making contact with the truth; you’ll be smashing through a fantasy. Happiness is a state of non-illusion, of dropping the illusion."

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 2:00pm
"You are not responsible for the actions of those who hated themselves so much that they hurt you."

"It is our own mental attitude which makes the world what it is for us. Our thoughts make things beautiful, our thoughts make things ugly. The whole world is in our own minds. Learn to see things in the proper light."

"I am coming to terms with the fact that loving someone requires a leap of faith, and that a soft landing is never guaranteed."

"All the people sent to us are our reflection. They are given for us to correct our mistakes looking at them; and when we are correcting them, these people are also changing or leaving our life."

1. Who you are now is not who you will be in 10 years. It is okay to be somebody new 10 minutes from now. We are always learning. We are always growing. If you realized 10 seconds ago that you don’t like who you are, shed your skin, retry, replant yourself in good soil.

2. Cleaning is instant therapy. When your brain is muddy, take a shower, wash your hands, change your clothes. Spend 15 minutes straightening your living room. When you are angry, scrub things. I know it’s crazy but it works instantly.

3. Forgive someone’s debt if it’s under 50 dollars, forgive the small things, give a little time to yourself and forgive the big things too. Forgiveness isn’t about the other person, it’s about you. That being said - if someone ever hurts you in a way that would make me cry to know, you get out of there, my love. You just get up and go.

4. Gum karma is real and if you spit out a piece in public expect to find some on your shoe in the future. Same goes for insults and harsh judgement, too.

5. Do what you love and the money will follow.

6. Live your life with an open palm and give as much as you can and as often. At some point in your life, someone will lend you 50 bucks when you’re down on your luck. Remember how that feels. Remember to give that back.

7. Always wear clean underwear. You’ll thank me later.

8. There is a difference between being kind and being passive and there are those who cannot see that difference. They will try to walk all over you. Never bend your knees for those who do.

9. Have faith. Have faith in god or people or yourself or science or in luck or in all of the above. Faith is what keeps us going, faith is what keeps us strong.

10. Pay your bills on time whenever you can, although money is nothing. Remind yourself that.

11. Do not forget you were once ignorant of all you know now. Be patient of anyone who hasn’t had the education you have. Speak at the level of the person you are with - it’s not playing dumb, it’s being considerate. There’s no reason to make them feel uncomfortable. Plus then when someone starts going off about their superior IQ, you can cut them to pieces and watch their face when you do.

12. You are the best person in the room for one particular thing, and that’s confidence. You are the worst person in the room for another thing, and that’s humility. Use both carefully.

13. Never make fun of someone’s beliefs or superstitions, let your kid keep their imaginary friend and let your best buddy believe in knocking on wood. We all have security blankets. Don’t take away someone else’s.

14. Try to learn something new every day.

15. The worse you look, the more likely you are to run into someone you know so instead of feeling awkward, learn to be confident in sweats while talking to your friends.

16. Never go to bed angry, it will ruin your sleep and make tomorrow even harder. Find a way to relax. Don’t let today get to your head.

17. Think before you speak. When someone says something, mull over their words before answering. This is called listening, it is different than hearing.

18. What keeps love beautiful is that there’s risk involved. If he breaks your heart and it doesn’t hurt, it wasn’t love in the first place.

19. Never let someone else determine who you are or how happy. You are too strong to be torn apart.

20. I love you, even when we are fighting, even when I am fast asleep. Don’t doubt it for an instant. You are my everything.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 2:04pm
"You are four walls and a leak-proof roof and if you want you can keep your furnace burning all year round. I’ve built a home for myself inside of myself where I know I can keep the most important things safe. Treat your body gently. If your body itself is like a hollow home, freshly painted, new windows and floors, then your soul is the drapery, the carpets, the cups you choose to fill your kitchen cabinets with. Fill yourself with beautiful things. Fill yourself with late night conversations and things that keep you young and steal constellations and tie them around your ankles and swing yourself silly across state lines and hold hands with everyone you love, regardless of who you love. Fill yourself with words — all the words. Not just the ones that keep you safe. Read poetry as instruction manuals. Watch movies like they’re teaching you how to live. Drill holes in your heart that filter out all the things that are hurting you. Don’t let them hurt you. Go to concerts and fall in love underneath the moonlight and fall in love underneath fluorescent lights and fall in love with the light. Surround yourself with things you love, people you love. Buy yourself flowers. Treat yourself nicely. Take off your pants and make tea and eat blueberries until you feel like a blueberry. Sleep with the windows open in the summertime and listen to the conversations between bluejays. Clutter yourself or keep yourself clean, but make your internal room as beautiful or as raw as you want to be. Do what you want. It’s your body. It’s your home."

"Some periods of our growth are so confusing that we don’t even recognize that growth is happening. We may feel hostile or angry or weepy and hysterical, or we may feel depressed. It would never occur to us, unless we stumbled on a book or a person who explained to us, that we were in fact in the process of change, of actually becoming larger, spiritually, than we were before. Whenever we grow, we tend to feel it, as a young seed must feel the weight and inertia of the earth as it seeks to break out of its shell on its way to becoming a plant. Often the feeling is anything but pleasant. But what is most unpleasant is the not knowing what is happening. Those long periods when something inside ourselves seems to be waiting, holding its breath, unsure about what the next step should be, eventually become the periods we wait for, for it is in those periods that we realize that we are being prepared for the next phase of our life and that, in all probability, a new level of the personality is about to be revealed."

"Internalize the fact that you were still breathing before you met them."

"The woman who doesn’t need validation from anyone is the most feared individual on the planet."

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 2:11pm
7 Keys to Improving your Self-Esteem

onlinecounsellingcollege:

1. Stop comparing yourself to others

2. Stop demanding and expecting perfection (from yourself and other people)

3. Practice kindness and understanding

4. Be your own best friend when you make a mistake

5. Look for things that you like about yourself and choose to take pleasure, and find joy, in them

6. Believe that you deserve to experience good things

7. Make the decision to enjoy your life, and to love what you are doing, and to believe in yourself.

"The fact that someone else loves you doesn’t rescue you from the project of loving yourself."

"You never grow out of yourself. You grow into yourself. Life is a continuous process of becoming."

"Knowing how to be solitary is central to the art of loving. When we can be alone, we can be with others without using them as a means of escape."

"here’s to strong women. may we know them. may we be them. may we raise them."

"I don’t care about losing people who don’t wanna be in my life anymore. I’ve lost people who meant the world to me and I’m still doing just fine."

starlightnymph:

walk barefoot and feel

the pulse of the universe

welcoming you home

"Stop focusing on what you can’t do. Start zooming and emphasizing on what you can. Adjust your perception. You are the observer who is in control of the lens."

"Listen to your being. It is continuously giving you hints; it is a still, small voice. It does not shout at you, that is true. And if you are a little silent you will start feeling your way. Be the person you are. Never try to be another, and you will become mature. Maturity is accepting the responsibility of being oneself, whatsoever the cost. Risking all to be oneself, that’s what maturity is all about."

"We don’t see things as they are, we see things as we are."

"Need nothing and then see what happens."

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 2:13pm

"Once you truly get a taste of a spiritual person who sees the light through all the darkness of the world; you will want more like an insect that feeds off light."

"Sometimes you just have to jump out the window and grow wings on the way down."

"I don’t pay attention to the
world Ending.
It has ended for me
many Times
and began again in the morning."

"Until you get comfortable with being alone, you’ll never know if you’re choosing someone out of love or loneliness."

"Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, maybe you should set up a life you don’t need to escape from."

"Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck."

"When we’re incomplete, we’re always searching for somebody to complete us. When, after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we’re still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with somebody more promising. This can go on and on—series polygamy—until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter."

"If there is unhappiness in you, first you need to acknowledge that it is there. But don’t say “I’m unhappy.” Unhappiness has nothing to do with who you are. Say: “There is unhappiness in me.” Then investigate it. A situation you find yourself in may have something to do with it. Action may be required to change the situation or remove yourself from it. If there is nothing you can do, face what is and say, “Well, right now, this is how it is. I can either accept it, or make myself miserable.” The primary cause of unhappiness is never the situation but your thoughts about it."

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 2:18pm
"One day it just gets better. There’s no explanation or reason why . You just wake up and you’re not angry anymore."

"Love has no gender. Take whoever loves you. Whatever makes you happy. Who cares? True love. Even if we have to die tomorrow, who cares?"

"With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon, who could not be happy?"

"Your soulmate is not someone that comes into your life peacefully. It is who comes to make you question things, who changes your reality, somebody that marks a before and after in your life. It is not the human being everyone has idealized, but an ordinary person, who manages to revolutionize your world in a second…"

"A goddess is a woman who emerges from deep within herself. She is a woman who has honestly explored her darkness and learned to celebrate her light. She is a woman who is able to fall in love with the magnificent possibilities within her. She is a woman who knows of the magic and mysterious places inside her, the sacred places that can nurture her soul and make her whole. She is a woman who radiates light. She is magnetic. She walks into a room and male and female alike feel her presence. She has power and softness at the same time. She has powerful sexual energy that’s not dependent on physical looks. She has a body that she adores and it shows by the way she comfortably lives and moves in it. She cherishes beauty, light and love. She is a woman who can ask for help when she needs it or give help when asked. She respects boundaries, hers and another’s. She can see God in another’s eyes. She can see God in her own. She can see God in every life situation. She is woman who takes responsibility for everything she creates in her life. She is a woman who is totally supportive and giving. She is a Goddess…"

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 11:25am
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 11:26am
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 11:27am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 52>