BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Plight of Black Womanhood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 11:28pm
Black women need to stop actin' like they can do everything themselves. 
Sponsored Links

Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 12:52am
Originally posted by blaquefoxx blaquefoxx wrote:

Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

*Not being down for each other. I see it all the time at work. HELP a sister who needs or asks for it,not tear her down to make yourself feel better or somehow believe you are above her,because she comes from a different or hard background.

This all day.

I think this happens, but not as much as we think. I have reached out the prominent Black women, who ignored me, but my main support system is comprised of Black women. I'm conflicted, because some Black women are down to help one another, and others aren't. But when things are going down, I'm calling my Black female friends. I think we have other more pressing issues though.
Sinnamon_Mami View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sinnamon_Mami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 8:13am
Originally posted by Allure. Allure. wrote:

Healthcare is one issue. Too many black women are not taking responsibility for their mental or physical health.  Many end up dying from preventable diseases (heart disease, diabetes...) or cancers that could of been cured if caught early enough (cervical, breast...etc).

On top of that, many black women also suffer from mental exhaustion; afraid to seek therapy because they don't want to appear weak. This leads to a lot of us becoming stressed, depressed, having low self esteem, self doubt and/or an overall cold demeanor. 

I totally agree with this...
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 8:51am
Many great points made
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 10:53am
This is a really great thread. It's sad I feel the joesun's threads will get more views and replies than this one.
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 10:58am
As mentioned earlier, in-action is a biggie.
There's also socio-economic and cultural borders
I realize, my friends who are black are all West Indian. I've not one black american friend. Granted in NY, most black people are from a non american background, however, I realize cultural differences play a factor in associations.
sn: Even my non-black friends aren't American so I think it's just an american thing for me though I don't care either way imo.
Carmensworld View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmensworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 12:46pm
Im here to lurk and learn...
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by zsazsa zsazsa wrote:

This never ending media sh*t of BW hard up,thirsty for men and other foolishness. It needs to stop.Now. Immediately. It ain't hard out here for us like some try to make it.

The light skin/dark skin debate

*Ride-or-die mentality/low self-esteem

All of this!

Even on here, we have a tendency to focus threads on the "plight of black women" and divisive issues like "exotical" and "light vs. dark" when those are things that quite frankly only WE are henpecking over but in truth have no bearing on how well you will succeed in life.

And as someone else mentioned, the threads that get the most views are usually of the ignorant nature including: let's bash black women/men, let's see who's prettier based on skin tone, how "black" can you be if you're not dark enough, I'm "exotical" (I hate this ignorant word) so I'm "better" and "special" although I've done nothing else but been born with genes that left me looking this way, etc.

The only caveat I would add to this is that in theory, a "ride or die" mentality isn't necessarily a bad thing. But it depends on who you're willing to do that for. If you're "ride or die" for some bum who isn't about anything, you're a fail. But supporting and helping your qualified (as in has proven himself to be of worth and worthy of your love and affections) mate are things that inherently both partners are supposed to do for the other. And if you are in fact Christian, it is equal to being the Proverbial woman.

A bit of a SN but I do feel that often enough many black women especially make the assumption that being supportive of and helpful to a man (regardless of race) equals weakness or being considered "lessor" or a subordinate to him. Not so at all if you're in the right relationship. One should have the strengths that the other might initially lack. And both should be encouraging each other.

Sorry for the long rant. 

Edited by modelbusiness82 - May 05 2013 at 1:51pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures