Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

the origin of 'Drunk in Love'...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the origin of 'Drunk in Love'...
    Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:18pm
i know there's a Beyonce thread but we're bored...

Was Beyonce’s “Drunk In Love” Stolen From Future?

At SPIN‘s recent SXSW showcase, headliner Future debuted the previously unreleased song “Good Morning” (he has subsequently posted the studio version), and immediately the track was notable because it used the same melody and “We be all night” hook asBeyonce‘s “Drunk In Love.” Turns out that’s because Future was a primary architect of the song, even though you’d never know that by looking at the song’s official credits, which fail to mention him in any manner. So what exactly happened?

Well, Future explained the sequence of events to Angie Martinez on Hot 97 Thursday (March 27). “I recorded the song first, for her, for Beyonce… I did the actual ‘Drunk In Love.’ Along with Detail,” he said. “I demoed the record for [Detail] and I put a little twist on it, but at the same time he wrote the record, Detail did write the record.”

That track seemingly languished for months as the secret Bey project moved forward, unbeknownst to Future, so he decided to record “Good Morning” with Detail (who is credited on Bey’s hit) based on that original demo. “Then ‘Drunk In Love’ just came out of nowhere. If I had put my album out in November, she wouldn’t have been able to put ‘Drunk In Love’ out. So it worked out for her,” Future said. But don’t worry, we’re not about to see Ciara and Future facing off against Jay and Bey in court. “No lawsuit, no bitterness, nothing man.”

Head below to watch the interview (this conversation starts at 6:30) and to compare “Good Morning” and “Drunk In Love.”

ARE YALL FEELING FUTURE'S VERSION???  

Edited by ms_wonderland - Mar 29 2014 at 10:19pm
Sponsored Links

afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:20pm
wow!!

and he's not suing?

stupid

he got played

Edited by afrokock - Mar 29 2014 at 10:20pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:22pm
I'm mad I can hear his auto tune voice singing it.Ermm

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:22pm
right? @ Afro...where would that album be without Drunk in Love....girl bye.

he needs to get some of that $$$$.

Edited by ms_wonderland - Mar 29 2014 at 10:22pm
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (17) Thanks(17)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:23pm
What hasn't she stolen?

I wish I could censor this bish from my life.

Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:23pm
he was on wendy Williams but I wasn't paying attn. from what I got, he didn't actually say she stole it, danced around it... possibly cause jay z will "ether" him smh
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:24pm
Future knows if he sue Ciara will have that baby in obscurity.....he aint stupid....lol
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:24pm
He needs the $$ for his litter of kids.
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:25pm
does he have credits on the record or not ? and i wonder if cash money gets any cut from details checks
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2014 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

What hasn't she stolen?

I wish I could censor this bish from my life.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>