Forum Lockedthe only fly in the butter milk

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Hair ViVi

Author
Mianna View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Originally posted by Lick3Shots Lick3Shots wrote:

At my summer position, there is one other black person but he is sure to avoid me like the plague. My supervisor took me around to introduce me to all of the other staff in my group, and everyone was soooo nice. They shook my hand, offered me candy, asked me about school, etc. etc.

Then we get to this mofo. He looked me up and down, said hey, then turned back to his computer. Ugh.

YET when the supervisor introduced him to the other white and Asian interns, he talked to them for a good...10 minutes. Bitch!

It's fine working with the white people. I can't stand the other black person though!
Isnt That the weirdest thing ever He is probally jealous of you... in some way !! dont sweat it though you probally remind him that he is still BLACK!!! you blew his cover

This
Sponsored Links

JulieGianni View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 6:33pm

At my summer position, there is one other black person but he is sure to avoid me like the plague. My supervisor took me around to introduce me to all of the other staff in my group, and everyone was soooo nice. They shook my hand, offered me candy, asked me about school, etc. etc.

Then we get to this mofo. He looked me up and down, said hey, then turned back to his computer. Ugh.

YET when the supervisor introduced him to the other white and Asian interns, he talked to them for a good...10 minutes. Bitch!

It's fine working with the white people. I can't stand the other black person though!
Isnt That the weirdest thing ever He is probally jealous of you... in some way !! dont sweat it though you probally remind him that he is still BLACK!!! you blew his cover

He was not jealous.

He was probably just concerned that you would see him has being your work buddy for the simple fact that he's black. You know, go to lunch together, gossip together, share secrets and the like.

I've seen this happen too many times.

My corporate motto has always been, don't assume that somebody has your back just because they're black.

In the corporate world it is literally every man for himself.

Lick3Shots View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by JulieGianni JulieGianni wrote:

He was not jealous.

He was probably just concerned that you would see him has being your work buddy for the simple fact that he's black. You know, go to lunch together, gossip together, share secrets and the like.

I've seen this happen too many times.

My corporate motto has always been, don't assume that somebody has your back just because they're black.

In the corporate world it is literally every man for himself.

I'm not convinced. There are plenty of other ways to create the appropriate work boundaries. He probably just enjoys being the only black person there so he can continue his coon shuffle. Oh well.

I don't talk to him and he doesn't talk to me, so it really makes no difference.
Miss ViVi View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

fly in the butter milk? Ermm

Shoo fly shooLOL
Miss ViVi View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 8:49pm
But yea in a sense I can relate...I see myself as tha odd-man out...which happens a lot
gimmeMORE. View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 8:49pm
COON SHUFFLE?!?CryLOL
Mrs. October View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 10:06pm
I am the only black manager in my department - can't say I enjoy it...I definitely wish there was more diversity.
ms.daniD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 10:25pm
Lmao@ coon shuffle. Wow
natural girl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 9:17am
I am still offended by that expression. Before I came into this thread I scrolled over this topic.  Had no clue what it meant. I was so shocked to realize what it referred to.

A fly is a gross disgusting thing. And in the milk? Even more disgusting.
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 10:48am
Originally posted by natural girl natural girl wrote:

I am still offended by that expression. Before I came into this thread I scrolled over this topic.  Had no clue what it meant. I was so shocked to realize what it referred to.

A fly is a gross disgusting thing. And in the milk? Even more disgusting.
I think of way more gross and disgustings things..... whateverConfused
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic