BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The Only Black Person in the Office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 12:02pm
if they like being the only one, it's because they don't want to have to face the racism, easier to delude themselves that it doesn't exist

Or feel they have to fight it, call it out, which can feel like an uphill battle

It makes me sad, mad even but I empathize

Edited by rickysrose - Jun 15 2014 at 12:03pm
Sponsored Links

rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 12:11pm
I'll admit I'm a sellout for #3

I wear the same kinky straight or kinky curly texture and length and even when I wear my natural hair out it's bunned or in an updo that looks quite similar to the kinky straight

sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by rickysrose rickysrose wrote:

if they like being the only one, it's because they don't want to have to face the racism, easier to delude themselves that it doesn't exist

Or feel they have to fight it, call it out, which can feel like an uphill battle

It makes me sad, mad even but I empathize

Very true. However, it's appalling when they destroy another one of their own to save face.
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 5:42pm
LOLLOLLOL
Originally posted by kerysdream7 kerysdream7 wrote:

24. Even though it’s a dumb stereotype, you do feel some type of way about eating things like fried chicken or watermelon in the office.

This guy ran into my office with such enthusiasm to tell me that someone was selling whole watermelons for $5 in the parking lot. I told him no thank you, I don't eat watermelon. He had the nerve to ask me why. I said because I DON'T LIKE IT & closed my door. Dead I don't like/eat any type of melon.

LOL

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 5:53pm
Ugh! This brings back memories of my first office job right after high school. The pay was good but those white people were the worst. They brought their big funky stankin dogs to work everyday. I couldn't stand it. 

One white boney crypt keeper lady there would always ask me how I got my braids in my hair and did I remove them every night. Why the hell do you care?Confused

The office whore who slept with the president of the company would stay trying me. And I would stay hurting her feelings. She tried to get me in front of the president and the hr manager to confront me. Talking about "I get the feeling that you don't like me" I was like "I don't". The look on her face was priceless. 

They had the nerve to ask me to walk their dogs one time. I gave them the stankiest of stank eyes without saying one word. They never asked again.

I left that place after 6 months.LOLLOL

sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

Ugh! This brings back memories of my first office job right after high school. The pay was good but those white people were the worst. They brought their big funky stankin dogs to work everyday. I couldn't stand it. 

One white boney crypt keeper lady there would always ask me how I got my braids in my hair and did I remove them every night. Why the hell do you care?Confused

The office whore who slept with the president of the company would stay trying me. And I would stay hurting her feelings. She tried to get me in front of the president and the hr manager to confront me. Talking about "I get the feeling that you don't like me" I was like "I don't". The look on her face was priceless. 

They had the nerve to ask me to walk their dogs one time. I gave them the stankiest of stank eyes

without saying one word. They never asked again.

There is always the one suspected office whore that sees you as a threat. Thinking you will succumb to their low standard bc they are lazy and incompetent and looking for the easy way out of everything. Both were over 40....hatersssss....tacky....losers

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 8:21pm
LOLLOL

and there is always that one white person trying to "educate" people on black history

bish stfu Sleepy
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 8:30pm
LOL That little girls face is hilarious
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

They had the nerve to ask me to walk their dogs one time. I gave them the stankiest of stank eyes without saying one word. They never asked again.

ShockedAngry ClapClapClap

ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 16 2014 at 12:25am
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

I never understood why more black people don't celebrate Kwanzza
African/black americans? Black people from other cultures usually don't.

Kind of ot: My mother hit me with a Flotus side eye the only time I asked to when I was like 9. I went to my cousin's house and his neighbor was telling me about it. Never cared to ask about it again after that LOLLOLLOL But it's nothing I'd've remained interested in anyway.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic