Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The Only Black Person in the Office

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 4.50  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kerysdream7 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerysdream7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 9:45am
24. Even though it’s a dumb stereotype, you do feel some type of way about eating things like fried chicken or watermelon in the office.

This guy ran into my office with such enthusiasm to tell me that someone was selling whole watermelons for $5 in the parking lot. I told him no thank you, I don't eat watermelon. He had the nerve to ask me why. I said because I DON'T LIKE IT & closed my door. Dead I don't like/eat any type of melon.

Sponsored Links

sbrownie84 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 10:08am
Worked in this racist place months ago and all of the aforementioned applied. The worst were the few blacks that worked there. Self loathing uncle toms galore.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 10:49am
Oh my God number 7! I had to tell Ryan that I don't talk to him so that I'm able to like him. He thought I was joking.
Marcelo22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcelo22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 10:57am
Some black people like being the only "one"
Az~Maverick View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Az~Maverick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 11:11am
This is why I'm glad I quit my job and went from being "the only one" to "one of many" in my workplace. Big smile
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 11:15am
LOL @ people getting quiet when you walk into the break room/watercooler area. So true, except they start switching to different languages (Russian) at my workplace. I just walk in, get my stuff and leave, no one cares what you're talking about.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 11:46am
1. Their discussions about outsourcing sound pretty much like how they'd sound discussing aspects of their slavery master plan back then

I'll chime in with parallelisms and they'll agree until they notice I'm talking about slavery and then say that's not what we meant

Slavery was far worse no comparison just saying their mindset is pretty much the same 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 11:51am
The worst is when you don't try to be all buddy buddy and shuck and jive for their approval. The best was when the owner secretly sent his friend to tell me how 'grateful I should be to work there'. This women knew nothing about me and had to nerve to tell me I should be grateful to be a part of that failing trashy place. I walked out one day before the holiday party. The next morning I woke up with a smile so grateful I did not have to attend the party.

It was my first experience ever working in a racist setting and hopefully my last.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbrownie84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Marcelo22 Marcelo22 wrote:

Some black people like being the only "one"

Very true. There was this one black girl there that the whites pretended to like bc she licked their butts. A very insecure,deceitful girl. She did everything to tarnish my reputation and they LOVED playing us against each other. It was so sad.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2014 at 11:58am
theres a man that happens to be gay and feels like I'm automatically his sister girl, sister in the struggle

My breaking it down on while there are similarities, it is not the same is another topic 

Anyways so he is always trying out new found slang on me, sometimes in conference calls. If i know the slang and it's funny and fits the situation I'll abide it, if not I hit him with the "what do you mean by that", "where did you hear that from", "stop, that's innappropriate" (some reference to twerking)

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>