Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

THE OFFICIAL HIV/AIDS THREAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:16pm
Lol @ the new AIDS is herpes.

Sponsored Links

ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:20pm
After reading those stories.....it's definitely nothing to sneeze at.  And neither is herpes imo.  It makes you more susceptible to HIV and I know people who are sick all the time, take suppressive therapy and whether they have an outbreak or not controls their sex life.  

Turns out that sexual liberation may not be liberating at all.  Okay that's mama/nurse in me but I hear how young people talk about sex, 'smash this' and 'hit that' and it sounds like some video game but it's not, it's your body.  It's your life.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:26pm
I don't think this should be about sexual liberation (whoever came up with that nonsense); but sexual safety 
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:26pm
One of the crazy things about PICS is that those people are signing up to automatically catch herpes. I don't think they even care to test for herpes.

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

You know what's out there. What's your excuse? Is it going to be worth the price for you? Is it worth the price for someone you love? Is it worth the price of a condom? It's still worth the price of a condom for me to make sure I don't get any further infection from HIV or give HIV to someone else. I wish the only price I had to pay was just for that condom.

Bruce Garner is a member of ATI's Board of Directors.

Simple, yet so powerful
BoutThatLife View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote BoutThatLife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:30pm
A lot of people don't think herpes is a big deal

their rationale is that it's no different from a cold sore that lots of people, even children, get
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:32pm
herpes scares me for the simple fact that you can catch it with a condom and you can catch it with out showing symptoms even while 'protected'
At least with HIV your safe as long as there isnt bodily fluid exchange
Lhdc2011 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Lhdc2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:40pm

After reading those stories.....it's definitely nothing to sneeze at.  And neither is herpes imo.  It makes you more susceptible to HIV and I know people who are sick all the time, take suppressive therapy and whether they have an outbreak or not controls their sex life.  

Turns out that sexual liberation may not be liberating at all.  Okay that's mama/nurse in me but I hear how young people talk about sex, 'smash this' and 'hit that' and it sounds like some video game but it's not, it's your body.  It's your life.

Hey D :)

But yes, you're absolutely right about how sexual liberation isn't so liberating afterall. I was talking to someone the other day about how it seems more people, especially women are getting  tested, but after having unprotected sex. There needs to be more responsibility before the sexual act and not just after. I have dated people who told me I was the only one who made them go to the doctor and not just take their word for it. It's scary out there, especially when you hear of so many women having babies so close in age or even the same age when different women have been having sex with the same man. It really brings so much realism to the act of sex without protection and what could happen in you end up with someone who may have anything that is contractable during sex.

It truly is up to women to take the reigns on how sex goes down. We ultimately need to be responsible for our bodies, health and well being when it's an option.

Maysay that was brave of you to share. I hope you stay strong.

maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:52pm

Hug @maysay  Not shallow at all!  Does it get better over time?  I wonder if the HIV meds do.  I'm gonna see if I can find a chart or something.  

I hope that it will get better over time as my body adjusts to them and I hopefully get better (my kidneys anyway, which is the current issue, the lupus isn't going anywhere).

I know a person with HIV who takes a bunch of meds and does fine with them...I think it's very individual. Kind of like how some people take birth control and have no side effects and some people take it and gain 50lbs and get blood clots.

Thanks to all of you for your positive thoughts and well wishes! They are surely appreciated!
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 2:53pm
Hug Domin

First I will agree that safety is the main concern.  As far as getting tested after:  Guilty.  My husband and I got tested before our first time and to my knowledge that's the last time he was tested.  I get tested every two years with my pap because my insurance covers it.  I have heard the arguments about married women contracting HIV from downlow partners etc.  There's a level of trust we have with each other but I know there's always that possibility for infidelity or something else but I find it hard to live my life suspicious of my husband.  I don't know the (realistic) answer here.

I was the first to ask him to get tested too.  There must be a good reason why people don't but hopefully it's changing.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>