BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

THE OFFICIAL HIV/AIDS THREAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

@sexy, I don't think it's HIS job when it's YOUR body.  That's like saying someone else is responsible for your diet.  Other people can make it hard (really hard) but the buck stops with you.  

But if I don't want to, I don't have to carry condoms. I don't sleep around and I don't pick up men at the bar just because I am horny, so it's not like I even need to ask the guy.
And in my opinion IT IS his job to carry condoms because he's the one needing to wrap up that thing. Not me.LOL
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 6:47pm
Men at a bar one night stands?

I'm talking in general even in committed relationships
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by sexyandfamous sexyandfamous wrote:

Originally posted by niecy niecy wrote:

I don't carry condoms. He should.

Confused So would you still have sex if he didn't have any condoms? It kind of irks me when females say this honestly.

I didn't say that. I wrote that I don't carry condoms. I don't want to.
And I don't sleep around even when I'm horny.

I didn't say you did say that. I didn't know women carrying condoms equated to them sleeping around with multiple men but okay...If you were spending the night with your boyfriend you wouldn't carry condoms just in case he didn't have any and ya'll started to fool around?
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by BoutThatLife BoutThatLife wrote:

A lot of people don't think herpes is a big deal

their rationale is that it's no different from a cold sore that lots of people, even children, get

just by taking a look at the pics on google images one should shrug off the idea that's "no different from a cold sore"
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

We've had no new hiv births in DC since 2009.

So you're in DC? 
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 6:54pm
Great thread by the way. I started looking more into hiv/aids when I read a really long article in Essence mag years ago. They had diff people in the US talking about how they cope with it. From 12yr olds to 90 yr olds. It really was an interesting read. 
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 01 2013 at 6:54pm
Ok, maybe that came out wrong but my point wasn't that women who carry condoms have multiple sexual partners; it was that I do not sleeping around, therefore I don't see the need to carry condoms (the chance of a guy whom I just met having a condom or two in his pocket is unlikely).
Now, a boyfriend would be aware that I am not on the pill and therefore he needs to have condom. My ex once actually drove us to the pharmacy to buy condoms because we wanted to do it but he realized he had none. Embarrassed

Edited by sexyandfamous - Jan 01 2013 at 6:56pm
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:40am

Ok, maybe that came out wrong but my point wasn't that women who carry condoms have multiple sexual partners; it was that I do not sleeping around, therefore I don't see the need to carry condoms (the chance of a guy whom I just met having a condom or two in his pocket is unlikely).
Now, a boyfriend would be aware that I am not on the pill and therefore he needs to have condom. My ex once actually drove us to the pharmacy to buy condoms because we wanted to do it but he realized he had none. Embarrassed

Just take into consideration that men can't always be trusted with their choices in condoms...my gf had sex with her bf for a couple mths before she learned that he was using lamb skin condoms. She didn't catch anything but it's something you don't always remember to check into.
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:42am
A great list of resources regarding hiv/aids, including a good infographic.

http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2009/09/27/the-best-web-resources-for-learning-about-hiv-aids/
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2013 at 11:48am

Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

My aunt stopped taking her meds a few months back. She says she feels better without them but she also is in denial about having the virus in general. She has had it since the late 90s but didn't start taking meds until 2011. I'm pretty sure she has some undiagnosed mental disorder as well. With everything she has put my family through, I didn't really care that she stopped taking her meds. I am all for her speeding up the process so my family can move on beyond this.

wow! she has had HIV for a decade and only then she started taking meds?
is she a drug user? maybe that's why she was in denial. why did she start taking the meds? did she fall sick>?

My aunts bf told my other aunt that he gave it to her around 98. At that time she refused to get tested and just kept trying to sweep it under the rug. She was a functioning alcoholic and drug user. Around 2005 she came down with shingles and was fired bc she was caring for elderly people. In 2011 she got pneumonia and it almost killed her. She was finally forced into taking meds. She says shyt like, "the doctors don't know everything. They don't know what I have.". Meanwhile, since 1998 I am sure she's been with several, several men. She's just disgusting. She's always been a headache to the fam forever. My aunt tried to report her to the health dept. numerous times and nothing happened.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>