FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

the official grow your hair out challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
skin care View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skin care Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 4:35am
I love to color my hair, But now my hair become so much dry and rough. Can anyone suggest me how can I make it smooth and silky.
Sponsored Links

HoneyCoated View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HoneyCoated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2013 at 4:51pm

Deep condition 45 mins 2x a week with a mixture of ors olive oil replenishing conditioner & a light oil like grapeseed, coconut, or olive oil. Use a plastic cap while deep conditioning. Allow hair to air dry. Make sure you moisturize & seal a few times a week.
NattyDoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NattyDoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 6:33pm
^ I need to do olive oil soaks more often. Now that I have a wig, I won't worry so much about my shampoo not washing all the oil out. ;P
I also want to try L'Oreal's EverPure Anti-Frizz serum (something like that, if that's not the exact name). I love their sulfate-free Ever- lines, and I've been reading some great reviews about this particular product. Women say it worked great for their over-processed, bleach and dye damaged hair, and that it made their hair much, much softer over time! So I'd like to give it a try! :3
skin care View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skin care Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2013 at 12:04am
If you want  your longer and stronger you should take care of them very much, give them proper oiling, shampoo and conditioner and the most important thing eat proper food which is full of vitamins it help to grow your hair.
laurenchrstinabeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laurenchrstinabeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 3:15pm
I spent all my life with teen years with my hair breaking after shoulder length but after no relaxer for a year and in weave it has grown to mid back. I think it is just about keeping it away for a while. It is really uneven but im getting there i guess.

Oh ladies I created a blog because i found it really hard to find simple hair info in one place!

Goodluck!

http://thatblackhairandstyle.blogspot.co.uk/ - http://thatblackhairandstyle.blogspot.co.uk/
leeforsteven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leeforsteven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 22 2013 at 6:57am
Though rose water is famous for its therapeutic benefits, it has always been associated with skin-care regimens. Rosewater has always found a place in every household. This natural by-product of rose oil that is used in perfumes, is full of healing powers.

Spritzing the hair with rosewater is a great way to moisturize dry tresses. Rosewater is also your scalp’s best friend because of its ability to soothe, heal and increase blood circulation.  

Although you can purchase ready-made rosewater in stores, beware that often the amazing http://healthylifestylesliving.wordpress.com/2013/03/28/rose-water-benefits-for-hair-care/ - benefits of rosewater have been diluted with filler ingredients. 
jeancscanlon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeancscanlon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 25 2013 at 2:49am
The Definitive Guide to the Primal Eating plan

In my recent Context of Calories post, I explained how the different macronutrients we eat at each meal (fats, proteins, and carbohydrates) have different effects in the body. I suggested that, despite their raw calorie values, http://www.stnirvanaaustralia.com/Leisure-18-Slimming-Coffee. - Leisure 18 Slimming Coffeeit’s far more important to get a lasting intuitive sense of how much of each macronutrient you need and when you need it (or not).

But how do you do that? How do you figure out the proper number of calories – and breakdown of fats, protein and carbs – to accomplish your fitness and health goals? To lose weight? Lose fat? Gain muscle? Maintain status quo? Run marathons?

In fact, most popular daily diets look at overall calories as the main factor in weight loss and weight gain. The age-old conservation of energy Conventional Wisdom says that “a calorie is a calorie. ” From there most diet gurus generally prescribe some formulaic one-size-fits-all breakdown of fats, protein and carbs. A classically trained Registered Dietician will tell you that protein should be around 10-15% of calories, carbs should be 60% (and mostly from whole grains) and fat under 30%. This macronutrient breakdown stays the same regardless of how much weight you need to lose or what other goals you might have. Barry Sears has his 40/30/30 “Zone” diet. The USDA bases everything on a choice of between 2, 000 and 2, 500 calories a day. But, as i said earlier, it’s not that simple. Calories do have context.

The human body uses these macronutrients for a variety of different functions, some of which are structural and some of which are simply to provide energy – immediately or well into the future. Moreover, with regards to energy conservation or expenditure, the body acts as both an efficient fuel storage depot (and as a toxic “waist” site) as well as a potent generator of energy, depending largely on the hormonal signals it gets. http://www.stnirvanaaustralia.com/Best-Share-Green-Coffee. - Best Share Green Coffee  It will store glycogen and/or fat and it will build muscle – or it will just as easily tear them all down and use them for fuel – based on input from you: what you eat, how much you eat, when you eat, what you’re doing before or after you eat – even what you’re thinking when you eat. Yet because your body always seeks to achieve homeostasis over time, the notion of you trying to zero in on a precise day-to-day or meal-to-meal eating plan is generally fruitless (yes, Charlotte, some fruit is allowed). The good news in all this is that falling off the wagon once or twice this week won’t have the immediate disastrous effect that you might imagine – as long as you can keep your average intake under control and understand how the various macronutrients function over time.

Which brings me to the crux of today’s discussion. Not only is it nearly impossible to accurately gauge your exact meal-to-meal calorie and macronutrient requirements, doing so will drive you crazy. In fact, to accurately figure your true structural and functional fuel needs (and hence to achieve your goals) it’s far more effective to look at a much larger span of time, like a few weeks, and aim for an “average” consumption. Then you can review that average daily intake over weeks or months and adjust accordingly. Below, I’ll give you a way to figure a “jumping off” point to start with, but remember, our genes are accustomed to the way our ancestors ate: intermittently, sporadically, sometimes in large quantities, and sometimes not at all for days. Their bodies figured out a way to maintain homeostasis and preserve lean tissue and good health through all this and so can we. Our genes want us to be lean and fit. It’s actually quite easy as long as we eat from the long list of Primal Blueprint healthy foods and try to avoid that other list of grain-laden, sugary, processed and otherwise unhealthy foods. Realistically, we also want to allow for the occasional party-splurge, a pre-planned (or accidental) intermittent fast, an over-the-top workout or even a week of laziness. Where most people get into trouble is in miscalculating their energy needs over extended periods of time – not day-to-day. They don’t see the average amount of carbs creeping upwards, or they figure they need x amount of calories, but don’t have a clue as to what kind of food those should be coming from.
follybeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote follybeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2013 at 7:22am
Is there any product to grown up hair from a bared head?
KateLongova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KateLongova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 10:22am
Can I ask a really quick question? I'm writing a novel and I need to know whether this exchange between three female characters reads OK. Because I'm Caucasian myself, with straight brown hair, I wanted to check I'd got the terminology right. Keisha is black and Vikki is white.

‘You look nice,’ said Keisha at my elbow.

I turned towards her, grateful someone had noticed I’d made an effort.

‘Oh, cheers. So do you. I like your new hairstyle.’ Since I’d last seen her she’d gone from sculpted ebony waves to a natural short fuzz.

‘I’m transitioning. I’ve had enough of chemical straighteners and weaves. The problem with Afro hair is it fights you all the way. Takes up too much of your time. Kinky’s the way forward, I’ve decided.’

‘Good, isn’t it?’ said Vikki leaning forward. ‘I told her ages ago to just let it grow, let it do its thing. You know, I’m “transitioning” too: from Nordic blonde to grey.’

Hope you don't mind me butting in only I tried starting a new thread and I got a message saying I wasn't allowed.

www.katelongbooks.com 

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2013 at 11:06am
"‘I’m transitioning. I’ve had enough of chemical straighteners and weaves. The problem with Afro hair is it fights you all the way. Takes up too much of your time. Kinky’s the way forward, I’ve decided.’" I think this sentence  would most likely NOT have been stated at all. Much less so casually and gratuitously in real life .  If it is uncomfy and stilted, why not just avoid this sentence and let them deal with other mutual human issues.   HUMANIZE Keisha just as you would any other character without feeling you need to pander to anything that would compartmentalize her into a "Black box". I see the commentary about the hair as being unnecessary and perhaps casting an aspersion in mixed company. Talk about Keisha's dress, demeanor or something less controversial/offensive. I don't see how her hair styling technique will be terribly significant in the overall scope of the novel.  If you must simply describe the texture of her lush coils that shimmer like coal  and her glistening, dewy  coppery brown skin in a  more matter of  fact manner.

With regard to the language of  Vikki, "Oh, Cheers" also seems stilted in American English.

PS I see that you are setting up a theme of women who are evolving or in transitions. Perhaps ultimately you want to take one of the characters on a life changing adventure during the story after this set up of the idea of transitions.  So if you must,  I would remove the talk of weaves which are sensitive to some. Remove the talk of afro hair fighting you  all the way. Because that would seem contradictory to her motivation to transition if it is more difficult. Make the transition from chemical straightener seem more positive by focusing on the return to embracing her "roots" or something positive. Focusing on the unstraightened hair fighting her does not really seem as if it would be any motivation to stop straightening it. And just try not to  have her cast any aspersions about her own hair  in the process of her deciding to transition from straightened hair to her natural coils.

Edited by LadyAradia - Jul 24 2013 at 2:09pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 32>