Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Growth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

the official grow your hair out challenge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 32>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Diva315 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diva315 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2011 at 2:17pm
I hate I am not at the status level where I can edit my post. I hope this works. My last relaxer was in early July. I have some new growth, but my hair is a lot thicker than before.

Sponsored Links

Lilacflower1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lilacflower1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 27 2011 at 12:01pm
Yeah, so, I want to grow my hair out to WL and I plan to achieve WL hair by December 2014. But, I do have a few goals in between. My first goal is to achieve SL hair by December 2012. And, by December 2013, I want to be atleast BSL or MBL.

I plan to do this by:

shampooing weekly with Elasta qp creme conditioning shampoo (Or whatever sulfate free shampoo that is good and moisturizing).

Deep condition hair weekly with one of the three: ORS replenishing deep conditioner, Elasta qp conditioning treatment (Don't know exact name but it's good), or my ORS hair mayonnaise for 15 minutes under hooded dryer or 45- 1 hour without a dryer under a plastic cap.

I plan to condition my hair weekly with my Giovanni 50:50 balancing conditioner

Use my Giovanni direct leave-in after every wash then seal with castor oil.

Moisturize and seal my hair daily with either: Glycerin/water mix, wave nouveau/water mix, Profectiv moisturizer, elasta qp mango butter, or my beloved Luster's s-curl no drip and then, of course, I would seal with my 100% pure castor oil. And, I will do this every morning and night.

I will definitely be wearing a satin bonnet to bed every night.

I will be doing the baggy method when I need to (Especially now that winter is approaching). But, I will still be careful with doing this too often cause there's a chance I can get moisture-overload again and I don't want that.

I will also be braiding my hair once every two months under my wig (As a protective style). I don't plan to wear my real hair out until December next year cause that's when I plan to blow it out and straighten it.

Did I forget anything?

Oh, yes. I will be clarifying my hair monthly with vo5 kiwi lime clarifying shampoo.

Also, I will be co-washing almost daily with either suave, vo5 conditioners or my favorite---HE hello hydration conditioner.

I will be doing the aphogee 2 step protein treatment on my hair once a month, also.

Oh, and I will be detangling my hair with Kinky Curly knot today everytime I take my braids down.

Also, I will definitely be taking my hairfinity vitamins, my biotin, garlic pills, and my multi-vitamins. And, will be working out and eating the recommended amount of foods I need to stay healthy and in shape.

So, with that said. I already know I will definitely be meeting my goals. And, I will be checking in every 6 months. See you in 6 months, ladies!

Mishar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2011 at 9:24am
Dang lilac you have it down to a science.
AS82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AS82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 17 2011 at 11:49am
^^ I know right. That is a detailed regimen :-)
cookiezbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiezbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2011 at 11:00am
I am going to start posting in here since there aren't too many particulars. I am back after being gone for a while. I need something to boost my momentum....HJ begins today.
I will post pics when i can.

My Regimen will be to wear protective styles from now until the Spring/Summer before applying any heat. I will wash-I use the Dove Damage Poo, condition (Dove Damage Condish & The argan oil by Creme of Nature & Pantene Relax & Natural (deep condition with one of these three- 2x month).
I wear cornrolls underneath a 1/2 wig, whole wig, sew-in...Some sort of weaved style. My last relaxer was Aug 2011.
cookiezbaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiezbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2011 at 11:01am
Oh I should've stated I am attempting going natural again after giving in to the creamy stuff & cutting my hair off to a short tapered pixie doo...It was cute but I want my hair back! It's about ear length now.
meatball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meatball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2012 at 2:43pm
nice hair
Aggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2012 at 10:16am
I'm in. I have a twa again and looking to grow my hair out to full and thick APL by December 2013.....again! I am in no rush this time around. I just want my hair healthy and my ends without SSKs and splits and with that I will be super happy.

I use primarily sulfate-free shampoos from Moroccanoil, Keracare and Aubrey Organics and use the conditioners too. I am mildly texlaxed so I also use Mizani Thermasmooth and Moisturfusion conditioners to further soften my hair.

I am particularly fond of AO HSR, GPB, and White Camellia, Moroccanoil Hydrating Moisturizing conditioners and also Keracare Creme Humecto.

I deep condition my hair one to two times a week depending on the time I have to do it. I texlax and henna my hair once every 3-4 months and protective style using wigs only for now.  

I alternate between Dudley's drc 28, Duo Tek and Keracare Super Reconstructor hardcore protein treatments for strengthening my hair but I also use some milder protein treatments in between when my hair needs them.

I baggy my whole head one to two times a week, massage my scalp with some mn/sulfur/jbco mix about 2-3 times a week,  moisturize with Keracare Oil Moisturizer with Jojoba oil or BB Oil Moisturizer with Castor Oil and seal with Jamaican Black Castor Oil.

I do hot oil rinses/treatments when necessary and use an awesome prepoo (AVG, EVOO, and EVCO) that softens my new growth really well. These are especially helpful on shampoo and henna days.

Shampooing my hair is not necessary everytime I wash but I do so at least once a week to get the product buildup off my hair and scalp to prevent itchiness and to keep my scalp pores clean. A clean scalp to me means healthy hair growth.
kandytess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandytess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2012 at 10:04pm
I just had a quick question, whats AVG? 
Aggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2012 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by kandytess kandytess wrote:

I just had a quick question, whats AVG? 
AVG = Aloe Vera Gel

AVJ = Aloe Vera Juice

ACV = Apple Cider Vinegar

Just in case you needed the others as wellSmile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More