Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Official Black History Thread!!!! (GREAT READ)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The Official Black History Thread!!!! (GREAT READ)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 225226227228229>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 21 Votes, Average 4.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2016 at 1:58pm

all this “woke”/my melanin pops" sh*t myopic. Doesn’t liberate nothing, it’s shallow & roots of our issues remain intact

YES YES YES 

Can I @ all of tumblr on this post? Cuz this is such a necessary point to understand. Just being unapologetically black is not enough. We must understand and ACTIVELY engage in the politics of blackness and even begin to move past that and into an understanding of how capitalism uses race to oppress the people. And from there we must begin to threaten the structure that is in place. Racism is not the only or even the largest issue, it is simply a pillar that holds up a larger more deadly system. We need to stop talking and tweeting about “woke” and actually become revolutionaries if we want to see the change we rant about on social media.

I do agree with all of this except with one point. I DO think that being unapologetically black does actually anger a lot of people. I’m not saying it will uproot and fix the system, but it does ruffle some feathers and get the conversation started. How many white people were pissed at Beyoncé’s Superbowl performance? Idk about anyone else, but I know I had to explain what her statements were, the difference between pro-black and anti-white, and the difference between the Black Panthers and the KKK. It forced people to open their minds a little bit to what our struggles are. Again, this definitely won’t solve all of our problems, but I believe it is an important first step.

Sponsored Links

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2016 at 2:02pm
I loved the speech and the standing ovation im just worried that its just words. We need that room to produce mass action for us
CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2016 at 2:07pm
I don't care how "ghetto" you think a Black girl's name is. Respect it and RESPECT HER.

Sound my sh*t out

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2016 at 5:38pm
10 stabbed, beaten as KKK, white supremacists clash with counterprotesters in Sacramento

Multiple people were stabbed Sunday outside the Capitol in Sacramento after clashes between neo-Nazis and counter-demonstrators took place.

A neo-Nazi group had planned an event at the site for several weeks, and there was an effort on social media for others to stage a counter-protest.

Leader of Neo-Nazi group involved in Sacramento stabbings is a Trump supporter who assaulted a black woman at rally.

Nine men and one woman were treated for stab wounds, cuts and bruises.

Police said about 30 members of a white supremacist group were holding a rally outside the California State Capitol when about 400 counter-protesters turned up and fights broke out. 

No arrests have been reported so far.

Amazing how the KKK have risen again. #Hate it!

“There’s no free speech for Fascists…anyone thinking of joining them, don’t.”

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2016 at 12:36pm

Watch Powerful Spoken Word Poem “Black Joke” By Taylor Steele

In her poem “Black Joke” poet Taylor Steele highlights the most common jokes White people throw at Black people. She perfectly explains how unthoughtful it is of people to say such things and how an intention to come off as funny turns you into a racist. Next time you come up with a witty remark, think twice before letting unwholesome word proceed from your mouth.

Full poem

#BlackLivesMatter

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2016 at 12:42pm

The suicide rate among black children is alarming. We need to do something about it!

And do white America give a hoot about it? I really doubt… They don’t care! They can see only white problems!

Sometimes life is really a hell for black kids who aren’t strong enough. Children can be very cruel, especially when it come to racism, so be attentive to your friends!

#BlackPeople
#StayWoke

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2016 at 12:51pm

Disturbing moment of anti-immigrant harassment in Manchester caught on camera

On Tuesday, a man on a tram in Manchester, England, was verbally harassed by two male passengers who demanded he get off the car because they believed him to be an immigrant. A video shared by British station Channel 4 News shows the harassers yelling, “Get deported. You’re a muppet. Get off the tram now!” Thankfully, other passengers came to man’s defense.

I’m literally going to save this so just for when White Europeans wanna say racism is an American problem lmao Americans heathens had to get it from somewhere??

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2016 at 12:59pm
Jack Daniels was created by a slave. Bourbon giant finally acknowledges the truth after 150 years.

The story told by the media for centuries appeared to be fake af. 

The story went that Jack Daniels recipe was created by white moonshine distiller named Dan Call who passed it down to Jack Daniel.

Now the brand has revealed it was, in fact, one of Call’s slaves Nearis Green who taught the young Daniel how to distill.

Slaves made up the majority of men working in the distilling industry who were passing ancient African techniques down through the generations.

However, like so much else appropriated from enslaved African Americans - the distillery owners would take credit for their slaves’ whisky.

The fact that Green invented the original recipe has been known to local historians for decades but was only recently acknowledged by the whisky makers and the public.

Another example of what we call “appropriation”. In this case, I would call it “theft”.

I bet none of your friends really know the truth.

Make it Viral

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2016 at 2:54pm
Teacher creates "Gentleman's Club" to teach life lessons to boys

Raymond Nelson from South Carolina created a “Gentleman’s Club” to teach young generation manners and…kindness. Every week nearly 60 students at Memminger Elementary School learn how to be successful through life lessons of social etiquette.

“I know a lot of them struggle because a lot of them don’t have men at home, so I just want them to grow up and think of the things that I teach them,” Nelson said. “They like the reaction of walking up to classrooms and say, ‘Oh, you look so nice and handsome,’ they just love it.”

Nelson even keeps a stash of donated jackets, vests and ties at school for kids who don’t have their own.

His motto is “Look good, feel good, do good”

We have to know our heroes. Raymond Nelson deserves to be known. We have to support Black people who literally save our youth by teaching them and caring about their future.

#BlackPride

CLCNY20 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CLCNY20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2016 at 9:59am
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 225226227228229>
  Share Topic