Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Official Bad-Sad News Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 17 Votes, Average 2.41  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
oh_so_moody View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Official Bad-Sad News Thread
    Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:28pm

Can we continue the quest for consolidation in TTT and limit all the sad articles to one thread?

All the "boyfriend murders baby, the chicago children murders, missing woman found dead in Turkey" and any other depressing stories can be placed here.

I know it's "news" but not everyone wants to have to filter through a million tear jerking and ultra depressing threads to find one happy story or reference a non-related thread. If a spin-off thread is warranted on a particular story then let's cross that bridge later...

One star as you please but at least consider it.

Thanks in Advance Smile

Edited by oh_so_moody - Feb 03 2013 at 2:33pm
Sponsored Links

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (24) Thanks(24)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 3:03pm
I think they deserve their own acknowledgment rather than being lost in a long thread.

I could see a "news" section in general but to dedicate a thread to bad news, pain, and death just because some don't want to see it isn't right in my opinion. Life isn't filtered like that and, as said, sometimes the articles do lead to informative discussions

And since we all know other sections get no traffic as is, I think it should remain the same.

Edited by SoutherNtellect - Feb 03 2013 at 3:03pm
laceyfront View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote laceyfront Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 3:08pm
Gurl that would be too much for my heart to bare, and as much as I want to pretend these type of things don't happen hiding them in a mega thread won't help. I have to know whats going on in the world but I just can't handle it all at once like that.

Edited by laceyfront - Feb 03 2013 at 3:09pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

I think they deserve their own acknowledgment rather than being lost in a long thread.

I could see a "news" section in general but to dedicate a thread to bad news, pain, and death just because some don't want to see it isn't right in my opinion. Life isn't filtered like that and, as said, sometimes the articles do lead to informative discussions

And since we all know other sections get no traffic as is, I think it should remain the same.

The title can be changed but it's like the whole ttt is sadness. I was just giving a suggestion. Cry

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by oh_so_moody oh_so_moody wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

The title can be changed but it's like the whole ttt is sadness. I was just giving a suggestion. Cry

i understand, the world is a pretty awful place. I always say I only come to bhm for fvckery and to get away from the former.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 3:34pm
there's only one sad thread on the first page today....
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote oh_so_moody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

there's only one sad thread on the first page today....

keyword: today
Guidette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Guidette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 3:44pm
Why on earth would some one want a sad thread??sh*t with all this madness going on iin the world,all we have to do is look at the news its enough to make u want to come to bhm and forget abt things for awhile,Sure we have some of the stories here but seriously no thanks.

BTW sometimes I come on bhm to get away from my own reality 

Edited by Guidette - Feb 03 2013 at 3:46pm
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 3:51pm
Dovid Kohn
Dovid Kohn
< =search_btn =submit>Search
< style=": ; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=google_ads__7103y-westchester-C1084/728x90_1ews/local/communities_rockland_0 height=90 marginHeight=0 ="about:blank" Border=0 width=728 allowTransparency name=google_ads__7103y-westchester-C1084/728x90_1ews/local/communities_rockland_0 marginWidth=0 scrolling=no>
ADVERTISEMENT

Guilty plea in Monsey sex abuse case

Man admits to oral sex with daughter's friend, then 12

With his wife and two daughters sitting in a Rockland County courtroom, Dovid Kohn of Monsey admitted Monday that he had oral sex with one of his daughter’s female friends beginning when the girl was 12 years old.

Kohn, 60, an Israeli national living illegally in the United States, faces eight years in state prison when sentenced May 7 on his guilty plea to first-degree course of sexual conduct with a child.

He will likely be deported after serving his sentence, Judge William Nelson told him in a New City courtroom.

Nelson said he would sentence Kohn to eight years — though the prosecution wanted nine years — and 10 years’ probation, and place him on the sex offender registry. He would pay fees of $1,025.

Kohn admitted to having oral sex with the girl between 2004 and 2006 in a plea that covered 35 counts of sexual abuse.

The girl, now 21, reported the acts to authorities last year. At that time she also spoke with Kohn about the sexual acts while wearing a body wire and through telephone calls recorded by Ramapo police.

Kohn challenged the charges, sitting through one hearing on Jan. 21 when prosecutor Arthur Ferraro played audiotapes of his conversations with the woman, whose identity is being withheld. The hearing was to continue Monday on the admissibility of the tapes, when he pleaded guilty.

“We’re just happy the victim didn’t have to testify in open court and be subject to cross-examination,” Ferraro said.

Kohn’s lawyers, former District Attorney Kenneth Gribetz and Deborah Wolikow Loewenberg, said Kohn first found it hard to plead guilty in front of his family. They noted he could have faced 25 years on many of the 35 counts.

Under questioning from Ferraro, Kohn admitted to having oral sex with the girl at his house at 65 Saddle River Road.

According to one transcript of their recorded conversation, the woman told Kohn “you ruined my life,” saying she cut herself and tried to commit suicide. She told him many men in the religious community would not marry her because of what he did to her.

Kohn told her he wanted to apologize and didn’t want to hurt her. He accused her of trying to blackmail him when she said she would go to the police if he didn’t admit what he had done to her. He said he would “fight like hell.”

Authorities are not sure of Kohn’s identity, though he said in court that he’s lived in Monsey for the past 25 to 28 years.

Kohn said he was born in Israel and overstayed his visa in the United States.

“We have asked the FBI to assist us in determining his actual identity,” said Detective Sgt. John Lynch of the Ramapo police.

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 3:58pm

WESLEY HILLS — A 66-year-old man was accused Friday of brutally killing his live-in girlfriend by pounding her head and face with a thick-heeled boot nearly two dozen times and then kicking and punching her, breaking bones in her face and ribs, Ramapo police said.

Riad Dib, shackled at the waist and wearing a white jail garb and blue socks, was arraigned on a charge of second-degree murder in Ramapo Town Court and ordered held without bail in the Rockland County jail.

A Rockland grand jury will hear the murder charge Wednesday. The charge carries a sentence of 15 to 25 years to life in prison.

Cecile Garbarino, 68, a widow with two adult children and an elderly mother, died inside her house at 171 Grandview Ave., where police found her battered body at 12:45 a.m. in a blood-stained bedroom she shared with Dib, a Syrian national who ran a distribution business.

Rockland Assistant District Attorney Richard Kennison Moran called Garbarino’s killing a “heinous and barbaric murder in which she suffered 24 blows to her head.”

When Garbarino reached the telephone and tried to call for help, Dib kicked and punched her repeatedly, Moran said during the arraignment before Justice Rhoda Schoenberger.

Dib and Garbarino had an argument, leading to a physical confrontation that lasted from 10 p.m. Thursday to 12:41 a.m. Friday, the police criminal complaint stated.

Dib gave police a statement concerning her death.

“He became enraged,” Ramapo Detective Lt. Mark Emma said after court.

“He used the thick heel almost like a hammer and beat her about her head and face. He kicked her and broke her ribs. She suffered lots of blood loss,” Emma said.

Garbarino, whose husband, John, died in 2004, worked as a secretary for the past three years at Elmwood Elementary School for Principal Nancy Kavanagh in the East Ramapo School District. She had worked 10 years at Lime Kiln Elementary School. She also worked part-time at a local car dealership.

She “was like a grandmother to a lot of the kids,” East Ramapo security director Tom Carton said.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style