Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The new black does not blame white people for our
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The new black does not blame white people for our

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Everyone needs to listen to Dr. Joy DeGruy's lecture on Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome and Cognitive Dissonance

I watched the shorter one first and thank you for posting this.Thumbs UpClap After watching it she hit the nail on the head. If the black person speaks about the injustice its "you're too hyper sensitive" or "reverse racism". All bullsh*t. It's like we don't have the right to point out our own injustices, or it becomes "that black person who is just whining all the time". This is the kind of crap we are dealing with now. Even other blacks are being fooled by it, this recent societal pressure to not speak up about something that is clearly racist or offensive. We now encourage each other to shut up. It's some weird psychological brainwash that we don't have the right to speak up when we have been wronged-- and even when you do speak up, everyone has been trained to deafen their ears to it when it comes from the mouth of the person who actually experiences it. Then we get called the angry black woman, the aggressive black man, the reverse racist.

I'm watching through the first video(the long one) and it's very interesting. "Culture is a huge part of creating a stable human being" Her message really resonates with me. I'm agreeing with everything she's saying, gonna watch the entire thing.

I heard of her before and watch some.  There is this old white lady I know, the who did that black, white doll test I think, but currently did something with college students. And one white girl walk out crying.LOL

Edited by Starrygurl - Apr 17 2014 at 2:09pm
Sponsored Links

Mixer View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by Mixer Mixer wrote:

afro is going to finally make BHM implode into itself.
what I do?
You know BHM's righteous fury will be the end of it one day.LOL
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Will we be there for his new black tears? 
not for new blacks
Starrygurl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Starrygurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:24pm

Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

Originally posted by Starrygurl Starrygurl wrote:

He needs to take his light skin ass wannabe skater self and go sit in the delusional corner.Sleepy And I used to like some of his stuff.
He's a coon in training. Most white people suck, once in a while a person may find a few that
aren't dumb asses or high and mighty. Just because he's close to white, doesn't make him right. WTH I am saying?! Yeah anyways he need to stop it.LOL

girl...pharell aint neva been yellow Confused

LOL I feel like I am drunk silly or something, so ignore that part. Well he's something.

Edited by Starrygurl - Apr 17 2014 at 2:27pm
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Will we be there for his new black tears? 
not for new blacks

You don't think there will be some vague sweeping apology for our interpretation of his bullsh*t?  He's been crying a lot lately on TV, what if he cries when he apologizes?  
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:47pm
His mentality is so devoid of any connection with reality.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 2:48pm
Can wait to sip on some of these New Black tears.....bet they are delish....
nebhnebh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote nebhnebh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Everyone needs to listen to Dr. Joy DeGruy's lecture on Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome and Cognitive Dissonance

It's absolutely excellent

I just realized she's the same lady from this video

I watched both videos.  Thanks for posting this Alias.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:08pm
[QUOTE=Alias_Avi]Everyone needs to listen to Dr. Joy DeGruy's lecture on Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome and Cognitive Dissonance

It's absolutely excellent

This was a great presentation.  Wish I could have seen the slides.  We need so much more of this.  More people brave enough to talk about the chains and recognize that being American and being white is not synonymous.  More people to say we are absolutely incredible.  As wonderful as my parents have been I see their PTSS.  Thanks Av.
Traylee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Traylee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 3:16pm

"However politicians don't routinely recommended and rally for shiftless whites to be shipped back to Europe. It's always Welfare blacks and never welfare whites. Heck Pres Obama is one of the most intelligent presidents we have had."

Lawd, tell it! I get so sick and damn tired of people like Rep. Paul Ryan claiming “inner city poverty” results from folks who’ve refused to work for generations. They claim those “urban people” would rather live off the government than earn an honest day’s pay. They talk about how crack cocaine has destroyed the black community.

You never, ever hear those same people talking about rural whites in the same manner. Nope, those “good, hardworking Americans” have been dealt a raw deal, a bad hand; their poverty is a result of circumstances beyond their control. You never hear those same folks complain about the various types of addiction that have ravaged parts of Eastern KY.  For them, poor people in Eastern KY are poor because of something that was done TO them; poor people in NOLA are poor because of something they’ve done to themselves.

Pharrell is right that there are some issues that are our own, of our own making, but even those issues can be directly correlated to white privilege, domination, and the policies they’ve enacted. The last slave was freed in 1964, not 1865. We never got that 40 acres nor that mule. Instead, we got an additional 100 years of indentured servitude, terrorism, robbery, rape, and murder. There are big problems in the Black community, no doubt, but in a very short period of time we’ve come a mighty, mighty long way. 

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 18>