Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The new black does not blame white people for our
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The new black does not blame white people for our

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

You have to play nice with the hands that feed you.
You have to sell yourself and abandon yourself publicly. You have to humiliate yourself first, infront of those who deeply feel inadequate, for the sole purpose of keeping up the charade and pretence of superiority.

And the rabbit hole is far much deeper, because what he doesn't know is that money is not real, and all who adopt the illusion of money is also being led astray, including the ones who created the illusion, because they know that they need this illusion for the very survival of their sense of identity.
How long can they run from the reality that they are just a by product of us? They do not exist separately.
Oh man. Life is great from the observer's pov. I don't think i'd want a piece of that devil's pie even for free.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  there are not enough thanks i can give for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Heart
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:24am
I wish i had Twitter so i could trend #newblack.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:24am
My thoughts on Respectability Politics in a nutshell...

I Hate It When People Post This Picture

teddythemonster:

and think that there was EVER a period in time when they respected us.

for every other reason

besides saggy pants!!

oh nah… keep listening to people who preach self hate because the world respects THE out of black people in a suit and tie.

no matter what you do, say or dress like they’ll continue to do sh*t like

there’s no such thing as black empowerment while still shaming black people.

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:29am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

My thoughts on Respectability Politics in a nutshell...

I Hate It When People Post This Picture

teddythemonster:

and think that there was EVER a period in time when they respected us.

for every other reason

besides saggy pants!!

oh nah… keep listening to people who preach self hate because the world respects THE out of black people in a suit and tie.

no matter what you do, say or dress like they’ll continue to do sh*t like

there’s no such thing as black empowerment while still shaming black people.

yeah I had to ask someone who posted that meme wtf was "they"

Edited by SamoneLenior - Apr 17 2014 at 11:29am
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

I wish i had Twitter so i could trend #newblack.
they had some gems

but those two were so on point
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:38am
Originally posted by ThoughtCouture ThoughtCouture wrote:

Originally posted by Derri Derri wrote:

You have to play nice with the hands that feed you.
You have to sell yourself and abandon yourself publicly. You have to humiliate yourself first, infront of those who deeply feel inadequate, for the sole purpose of keeping up the charade and pretence of superiority.

And the rabbit hole is far much deeper, because what he doesn't know is that money is not real, and all who adopt the illusion of money is also being led astray, including the ones who created the illusion, because they know that they need this illusion for the very survival of their sense of identity.
How long can they run from the reality that they are just a by product of us? They do not exist separately.
Oh man. Life is great from the observer's pov. I don't think i'd want a piece of that devil's pie even for free.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  there are not enough thanks i can give for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Heart

I am so glad that you understand these words, TC
(Because I wonder if I sound crazy)

Edited by Derri - Apr 17 2014 at 11:45am
nebhnebh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nebhnebh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 11:49am
Ermm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:00pm
Quote The new black does not blame white people for our issues. The new black dreams and realises it's not about "pigmentation" it's a mentality. It's either going to work for you or against you.

-pharrell

I think the point he was trying to make was too indepth, complicated, and important to be said in such a short, oversimplified, over-generalized way that stinks up what could be a powerful message.

He has a point that the mentality is a huge part of stagnancy in the black community. But the system creates that mentality,  from the media, people in our environment, and the actual government system. it was not always like this but that is what the system created. It doesn't mean we can't empower ourselves and break free of it, but it's foolish thinking to act like it is completely under our control either. Awareness, acknowledgement, and understanding of that is the way, not denial and delusion.

Black communtiy gets a smidget of opportunity, really no more than anybody else does-- actually most of the time less. The major difference is we are a minority, and the system is actively pushing against us, while favoring whites. This system is on all levels, the media, socially, in jobs, even the white house. (Look at how they have shat all over our president, and people look at the blatant disrespect and hindering of everything he tries to get through with dead eyes)

It just shows that even if you do improve your personal success, you can't go outside the black community barrier or actively contribute too much good to the community-- else the support you think you have from the popular media will vanish in thin air, like the rug being pulled out from under you. What you do must be in line with their agenda.the media also controls a lot of people's mentalities and priorities, and the mentalities of people in their environment. That's why black ppl need to break away from the media.

we should be teaching others especially young ones that from the beginning, you pretty much are trying to run against the wind. Mindset changes are important, it's the only thing we have control over, what we prioritize, and our strategy heading toward life. We cannot afford but to take full advantage of it, because there are too many factors against us. My parents are from africa and this is the mindset africans have and teach their children when they come to america. The black community needs to do the same, and teach the children this same mindset so they can break out of the poverty barrier-- they are at the same disadvantage as foreigners(if not worse) in this country.

You basically as a black person cannot afford but to try extremely hard all your life, and take advantage of every opportunity you have access to. This would in total be the only way to improve the black community, because the system will never help us, as long as it stays this way. we have to fight for everything. as long as the root of the problem(the system) isn't changed, it makes getting opportunity very difficult, because the system is actively working against us. To try and ignore that and undermine how hard you have to work and persistent you have to be as a normal person of color to be successful is foolish.

People in his position got there too easy, and are living the easy life because they are rich and that's why they don't understand the system. They got lucky and don't really have any experience. basically their spoilt brats, like everyone is these days. I am saying this and i'm only 20.

I like that post about retro blacks getting sh*t done, because they really did. Now adays we sprinkle a few rich blacks in the mix to influence normal blacks who aren't living the easy life to sit satisfied like sheep. I will not be turned into a sheeple. Thumbs Down

Edited by pinkecube - Apr 17 2014 at 2:56pm
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:03pm
great analysis pinkecube
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 1:13pm
Despite all of the accolades he receives from white people, I see that he's still shooting for the ni99er of the year. For shame.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 18>
  Share Topic