Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The new black does not blame white people for our
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The new black does not blame white people for our

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 9 Votes, Average 3.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Originally posted by beautiful-stranger beautiful-stranger wrote:

I agree with him, while you can't change anyone else's mentality you can change your own and your circumstance. I see nothing wrong with telling people to get off their ass and start taking responsibility for your own success or failure. 

Because the blame IS on white people. We can't break into a system that's routinely holding us back. Our educational system is worse, our neighborhoods aren't maintained equally, it's harder to get the jobs that do exist ...and why? Because white people, even at the lowest level, discriminate. Once that changes, more blacks will have opportunitues.

This ain't new, it's the same ol post reconstruction, smiling, I's happy for my freedoms massa negro. He has a LITTLE more opportunity because he's been accepted due to his own hard work mixed with luck, now he can act brand new like it was his black mentality, and not his black skin that made it more difficult than his white counterparts.

Read "Dreams of my Father" by Barack. We need a new America, not new black.

He didn't condone white behavior or state that his struggle for success was as easy as a the white man's. He just addressed the fact that is possible.
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (11) Thanks(11)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:38am
Ill also add that retro blk had more self awareness. Even some of those who did co-mingle with white people. They realize the social dynamics that were in place that prevent prosperity within the AA community. Recognizing this does not remove our responsibility to ourselves to rise above. On the same note ignoring its existence brings no benefit.

Edited by Gkisses - Apr 17 2014 at 2:02pm
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:41am
of course it is possible.  we have a black president (who has a black wife and black children).  duh.  that does not mean that he can/should attempt to attribute his and other black peoples success/failure to the fact that he/they simply mentally don't/do see color...foh (pharrel).

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Apr 17 2014 at 9:49am
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 9:58am
Shame on Pharell and shame on these new blacks.  There is a difference between blaming whites and understanding your history and how it has shaped the present-day realities that the average black person lives out.  

I've heard these new blacks say 'that was whites of old not my friend Becky' but Becky damn sure cashes her privilege checks while side-eyeing your lack thereof.  Do mothers really think the state of the black community is wholly due to self-sabatoge?  Is this real life?  Maybe I could identify if I was born in 1992 or into money.  Nice beats or not there will be no Phawrong music in this house.  

Does it ever occur to people that they may have been in the right place at the right time or knew the right people?  Do people really believe all of their successes are a result of their flawlessness?  FOH  
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (16) Thanks(16)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:01am
Respectability and accountability politics

He doesn't want to shame his new friends
yurika975 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote yurika975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:05am
Exactamundo Afro. We are told to get over it. They don't want to acknowledge their privilege, let alone give it up. Many would hop out a window if they had to be subjected to stop and frisky for a day. 
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:06am
Originally posted by BBpants BBpants wrote:

A lot of niqqas think this way smh

A lot of niqqas who feel they'll never be touch by poverty or never have a shortage go funds, think this way.
whosbotheringme View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote whosbotheringme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:06am
Originally posted by ThatGurlD ThatGurlD wrote:

Shame on Pharell and shame on these new blacks.  There is a difference between blaming whites and understanding your history and how it has shaped the present-day realities that the average black person lives out.  

I've heard these new blacks say 'that was whites of old not my friend Becky' but Becky damn sure cashes her privilege checks while side-eyeing your lack thereof.  Do mothers really think the state of the black community is wholly due to self-sabatoge?  Is this real life?  Maybe I could identify if I was born in 1992 or into money.  Nice beats or not there will be no Phawrong music in this house.  

Does it ever occur to people that they may have been in the right place at the right time or knew the right people?  Do people really believe all of their successes are a result of their flawlessness?  FOH  

Well Clarence - Old New Negro Yassir Bawse I'll Fetch That For You Suh - Thomas has spent years trying to undermine systems that put his ass where HE is.  So yeah.
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:18am
Be flawless.  Be humble.  Be grateful.  Take credit for yours but don't be so naive to think you did it alone.  Everyone has someone who listened to them vent, believed when no one else did, helped them through a hard time, etc.  Be like Thomas if you want to but the true black ain't trying to.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 17 2014 at 10:20am
I hear what you're saying Pharrell, and i'ma let you finish..except for when the new black wants to play the old white's game. Then we go right back to pigmentation and a system created out of fear, set up for the new black to fail all the same.

Peep the flex though, the new black doesn't want to focus on black.

Lmao.
Bye Pharrell. I think i want to bring my melanin to my new mentality.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 18>
  Share Topic