BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The Murder of Emmett Till

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 8:02pm
OMG! Watching Black people view his body... TEARS!!!
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:15pm
Right. I'm sorry to say I also didn't learn of Emmett Till until I was out of school. We only learned the most generic black history in american schools. It never occurred to me when I was younger that there was more to the story. My gramma refused to talk in depth about way back when... when I'd ask her. Being southern I know she's experienced some things.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:17pm
newdiva, same here!

I really have to pry my grandmother for information about our history!
Just recently, I found out some of my history in a book! Thoroughly excited about that. Maybe i'll post it in the history thread
honeyb87 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeyb87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:21pm
God that story always breaks my heart Broken Heart
K_Camille View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Right. I'm sorry to say I also didn't learn of Emmett Till until I was out of school. We only learned the most generic black history in american schools. It never occurred to me when I was younger that there was more to the story. My gramma refused to talk in depth about way back when... when I'd ask her. Being southern I know she's experienced some things.

+1.  Never learned much about black history in school; it was glossed over and barely taught.  I just know my grandfather held/holds a lot of animosity for white folk and my grandma never made it past elementary school.
Miss SDY View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Miss SDY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 9:33pm
Unfortunately my school system failed me as well. Didnt read about Emmett Till until after I was out of high school. They think they are throwing us a bone by giving us Black History month. And even then, we got the bare minimum...

His story makes me sick to my stomach and my heart break as well..
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 11:41pm
Black history month talmbout the same people every year.  All u ever see is MLK, X and Harriet.  I learned more from the black history thread on here than I ever did  in school.

eta: no shade to MLK, X and Harriet.

Edited by newdiva1 - Jul 15 2013 at 11:42pm
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 15 2013 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

Black history month talmbout the same people every year.  All u ever see is MLK, X and Harriet.  I learned more from the black history thread on here than I ever did  in school.

eta: no shade to MLK, X and Harriet.
Sheeit you ain't lyin'. College and BHM helped me put the puzzle pieces together when it came to our Black history. Purposely keep us brown folk ignorant to our histories and when we ask for more inclusion of our own history, they try to stop the conversation before it even begins.
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 5:12am
go down to mississippi and piss on their graves.....throw shyte on their tombstones...

nvamind...forgot this is mississippi....I'll just think about it
GoodGirlGoneGr8 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GoodGirlGoneGr8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 16 2013 at 7:29am
My children will not be raised in this school system. They will not be subjected to the bias textbooks and teachers.

I will homeschool them and hopefully I can find other blacks within my community who have the same outlook...

We learned about white America...the only reason Egypt is covered in the textbooks is because they've found a way to whitewash that.

Let them tell it, Greeks were the pioneers of everything.

They need to teach about why the sphinx's nose was knocked off...and teach it truthfully.

Tell the story of how Christopher Columbus STOLE this land, gave diseases to the Native Americans so he could kill them off...

Tell stories of the yt pedo slave masters who slept with their mulatto daughters...

Link that to why there are so many more yt pedo males and sex offenders in Amerikkka than any other race.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic