Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 296>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2015 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Max Hydration Method DUPE VIDEO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNRoYZDKWFc

this youtuber, https://www.youtube.com/user/markquisha/featured

is the stylist in the video.

She has taken techniques from MHM and is acting like they are her own. She is basically repeating information on the forum, yet no credit was given. this is really promblematic and how these bigger youtubers take advantage of small people and try to steal ideas with out given any credit. then they get popular from it and all the hard work done by the one who actually did it sees no eyes. It has happened before.

If you guys can, please comment on this video and let these people know that all the information the stylist was talking about in the video she has taken from the max hydration method, and gave no credit. tell them to look up Max hydration method on youtube, instagram, pintrest, google, facebook, the naturalhavenbloom, black hair media forum and let people know that they should come to us, support the people who actually came up with the idea. a link to a youtuber doing the method would be helpful. Don't be angry but let ppl know in a way they will want to check MHM out. Thanks guys if you do this, i will really , really appreciate this.

that's really messed up
i checked her video and it got over 70k views, and people want to go to her salon in Detroit
so she is making money off this and getting lots of attention

people really think it is her idea, look what one of the viewers said:

She just pulled that texture out of nowhere, JESUS CHRIST! She's a magician not a hair stylist that's what she is

Sponsored Links

veegirllove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veegirllove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2015 at 8:28pm
Just a little rant, this message is not to offend anyone..

Sooooooo I've been doing the MHM for 7 months and with a little tweeking I'm starting to see wonderful results. No drying, better curl definition, less frizz etc and good hair edges lol. Now my product of choice is Kinky Curly Custard, Aztec Bentonite Clay and Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave In...Now here is the problem... well not so much a problem but its just letting me know how viral this method is getting. Went to Walgreen's today in Detroit to get the KCC and why was it 17.99.. I'm like WHAT!!!! as if 16.99 wasn't enough. So I'm like, I use enough of this stuff as it is and getting only 8 oz and 4 uses doing my hair every three days. So, I took one of my old jars and put about 1/4 cup or so of gel and filled it up with water and made a full jar. Mind you, I still got the slip and my hair is much shinier and full of body. I refuse to continue to keep buying KCC on the level I am with only 4 uses. But I'm afraid to try any other gel because I've had enough set backs trying to tweek the regimen for my hair. The second problem is when I first started the regimen I could go to WholeFoods, Vitamin Shoppe to purchase the clay...Why both stores have been out of stock for nearly a month. I'm like everybody cashing in on the MHM..Maybe its a coincidence or something but I cant get my hands on the stuff in Detroit. Anyway I remembered I had some Green French Clay at home and used that. OMG I'm glad I did because Green clay for my hair is much more moisturizing than the bentonite clay ijs..This has changed my hair so much.... my moisture levels have gone from 20% to about 50% in 4 washes. Finally, I love the MHM and i freaks out if I can't get my products.

Again, this message is really me just being silly and venting to all the fierce hair naturals because everyone I'm around still wear perms and don't get not having products because I've gone through the struggle for three years with this dry, nappy hot mess of some hair. some days good and others to bad to mention...So I just want to be able to get my products..LOL Peace and Love..

PS Im not sure how to post a message so I'm guessing this will post as a reply..
sarahs.jwitness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sarahs.jwitness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2015 at 5:37pm
I saw her video and posted a reply to support you pinkecube. This is sad and unfortunate. I don't really know if she did it intentionally or not. She didn't use the products that you use for the method in the video. She just used the term "maximum hydration" which I believe was first coined from Aketafitgirl and later danabnatural. I looked at her YouTube account and found out that she was an avid follower of the curly girl method and she talked about Aketafitgirl some. So she did kinda reference her. Aketafitgirl did a video on this method step by step a couple of years ago. I know that this was your main inspiration if I'm not mistaken. This hair stylist video of her talking about the curly girl method and her hair progress was recorded on YouTube about a year or two ago. My only conclusion is that she probably honestly, really didn't know about you yet when recording the video with the young lady who came into her natural hair shop. She probably was only thinking about Aketafitgirl who first used this term maximum hydration and was kind of negligent to mention her or the curly girl method
in the moment. However, the young lady, who made the video, being uneducated about her curl pattern and hydrating her hair, most likely had no clue as well at the time. The last time she posted a video was about 6 months ago. I'm sure if she's been on YouTube recently, she may be aware of your name by now. If so, once she found out or will found out, it is her responsibility to let people know by referencing your name in her drop down box in the description of her YouTube video. You should make another video soon Pinkecube and talk more about your method and what you want people to know. I definitely understand your frustration and hope that this gets cleared up soon. In the mean time girl I would not let it bother me. A lot of folks know about you now and your name is growing. You have a lot of supporters including me! Don't sweat it because at the end of day, what's for you is for you, and no one can take away what God has for you!
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2015 at 7:57pm
Hey guys walgreens has KCC AND KCNT buy one get one free.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2015 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

Hey guys walgreens has KCC AND KCNT buy one half off... ..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2015 at 7:59pm

Hey guys walgreens has KCC AND KCNT buy one half off... ..sorry I made a mistake in my preview post.
kwicherbichen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kwicherbichen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2015 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by sarahs.jwitness sarahs.jwitness wrote:

I saw her video and posted a reply to support you pinkecube. This is sad and unfortunate. I don't really know if she did it intentionally or not. She didn't use the products that you use for the method in the video. She just used the term "maximum hydration" which I believe was first coined from Aketafitgirl and later danabnatural. I looked at her YouTube account and found out that she was an avid follower of the curly girl method and she talked about Aketafitgirl some. So she did kinda reference her. Aketafitgirl did a video on this method step by step a couple of years ago. I know that this was your main inspiration if I'm not mistaken. This hair stylist video of her talking about the curly girl method and her hair progress was recorded on YouTube about a year or two ago. My only conclusion is that she probably honestly, really didn't know about you yet when recording the video with the young lady who came into her natural hair shop. She probably was only thinking about Aketafitgirl who first used this term maximum hydration and was kind of negligent to mention her or the curly girl method
in the moment. However, the young lady, who made the video, being uneducated about her curl pattern and hydrating her hair, most likely had no clue as well at the time. The last time she posted a video was about 6 months ago. I'm sure if she's been on YouTube recently, she may be aware of your name by now. If so, once she found out or will found out, it is her responsibility to let people know by referencing your name in her drop down box in the description of her YouTube video. You should make another video soon Pinkecube and talk more about your method and what you want people to know. I definitely understand your frustration and hope that this gets cleared up soon. In the mean time girl I would not let it bother me. A lot of folks know about you now and your name is growing. You have a lot of supporters including me! Don't sweat it because at the end of day, what's for you is for you, and no one can take away what God has for you!

This is ridiculous. It's OBVIOUS this woman has never heard of "Maximum hydration method" because almost every product she uses does not align with the method + she is not doing the exact sequence. Pinkecube is NOT the first person to come up with the term "max hydration". Pinkecube, herself, was inspired by several other youtubers.  I don't even know why this is a discussion... :/
Gods Child View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gods Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2015 at 7:59pm
pinkcube I went in and commented on her video. Really? She has got to be kidding
Muysana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muysana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2015 at 9:10pm
http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_page293.#top - Back to TopHi  DominicanMorenita,

Also WHOLE FOODS MARKET has a sale starting today, 2-6-2015 through 2-8-2015 on the entire  Kinky Curly line.  It is 25% off.  So the 16 oz. KCCC is $22.50.  Clap

Muysana

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2015 at 11:20am
thanks.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 291292293294295 296>
  Share Topic