Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 261262263264265 276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 7:53am
Originally posted by DominicanMorenita DominicanMorenita wrote:

Originally posted by Mgood2go Mgood2go wrote:

Hi MHMers, Has anyone had a problem with the calcium Aztec clay. I was introducing my niece to MHM. After the Cherry Lola treatment and the DC conditioning, we decided to leave the clay on overnight. After some time she began to itch and had to rinse it out. Has anyone had this reaction? I sleep in the clay often with no problem. Same mixture used by both of us. This was her first application. She is eager to achieve more hydration. Any advice for us. Much thanks in advance.
HI there... When I leave the clay more than 30 minutes my scalp itches... I just leave the clay for 20 minutes and that solved the problem for me..
And my clay is the calcium Aztec.
Sponsored Links

solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

Hi Pinke Cube-  I'm checking out the approved conditioners that are all natural and KKNT and the Bee-u-ti-Ful Moisturizing Deep Conditioner are the only ones.  I wanted to try out the deep conditioner but was looking at their website and the line has a daily moisturizer and conditioner.  I was wondering why those two are not on the approved conditioner list

Bee Lovely Moisturizing Daily Conditioner

Ingredients: Distilled Water, Chamomile Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil and Stearalkonium Chloride, Cupuacu Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, BTMS (mild emulsifier), Organic Raw Honey, Preservative (Paraben & Formaldehyde Free), Fragrance (Phthalate Free).  On the new label it reads an incorrect preservative the correct preservative is Optiphen - INCI name (Phenoxyethanol & Caprylyl Glycol).

Avocado Cream Balanced Conditioner

Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Lavendula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Distillate, Anthemis nobilis (Organic Roman Chamomile) Distillate, Cetearyl Alcohol(vegetable-based emulsifier), Ricinus communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Avocado Butter, Avocado Oil,  Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Panthenol Vitamin B5), Panthenol (Vitamin B Complex), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Rosa mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Salix nigra (Organic Black Willow Bark) Extract, Fragrance.

Hey Naturally50!

I know this question was for Pinke but thought I'd chime in simply because I recently was wondering about similar products.

Per the first conditioner, I italicized the PEG 40 because I'm not sure if its a problem. I remember a list on here of questionable ingredients. Let me do a quick search ...

Msdeekay provided a list of troublesome chemicals that are put into products. Here is a link - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_post10797094.html?KW=peg#10797094

PEG 40 is a water soluble silicone. Although I generally try to avoid anything with PEG in it, I know that certain conditioners on the approved list contain PEGs (the approved Tresemme con for instance). Maybe Pinke or someone else with more knowledge will advise otherwise, so just hang on for more to chime in. Smile

Per the second product, I bolded the ingredients that are problematic. They are proteins, which would hamper your moisture buildup and retention.

Good luck!
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by solomonsydelle solomonsydelle wrote:

Hi Pinke Cube-  I'm checking out the approved conditioners that are all natural and KKNT and the Bee-u-ti-Ful Moisturizing Deep Conditioner are the only ones.  I wanted to try out the deep conditioner but was looking at their website and the line has a daily moisturizer and conditioner.  I was wondering why those two are not on the approved conditioner list

Bee Lovely Moisturizing Daily Conditioner

Ingredients: Distilled Water, Chamomile Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil and Stearalkonium Chloride, Cupuacu Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, BTMS (mild emulsifier), Organic Raw Honey, Preservative (Paraben & Formaldehyde Free), Fragrance (Phthalate Free).  On the new label it reads an incorrect preservative the correct preservative is Optiphen - INCI name (Phenoxyethanol & Caprylyl Glycol).

Avocado Cream Balanced Conditioner

Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Lavendula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Distillate, Anthemis nobilis (Organic Roman Chamomile) Distillate, Cetearyl Alcohol(vegetable-based emulsifier), Ricinus communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Avocado Butter, Avocado Oil,  Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Panthenol Vitamin B5), Panthenol (Vitamin B Complex), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Rosa mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Salix nigra (Organic Black Willow Bark) Extract, Fragrance.

Hey Naturally50!

I know this question was for Pinke but thought I'd chime in simply because I recently was wondering about similar products.

Per the first conditioner, I italicized the PEG 40 because I'm not sure if its a problem. I remember a list on here of questionable ingredients. Let me do a quick search ...

Msdeekay provided a list of troublesome chemicals that are put into products. Here is a link - http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/the-max-hydration-methodfrom-my-other-post_topic368937_post10797094.html?KW=peg#10797094

PEG 40 is a water soluble silicone. Although I generally try to avoid anything with PEG in it, I know that certain conditioners on the approved list contain PEGs (the approved Tresemme con for instance). Maybe Pinke or someone else with more knowledge will advise otherwise, so just hang on for more to chime in. Smile

Per the second product, I bolded the ingredients that are problematic. They are proteins, which would hamper your moisture buildup and retention.

Good luck!
Awww thanks, I kind of getting used to what to look for and the daily moisturizer I had noticed the same ingredients after I posted  I have ordered a sample of the daily moisturizer and ordered a reg size of the deep conditioner.  I'm getting ready to start a personal challenge to use all natural products.  there's not many on the approved list.
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 4:51pm
I switched over to acv for step 1. I'm heating my conditioner and using a heat cap for 20 minutes for step 2. I'm massaging the clay/mud into my hair and leaving it on while I shower and then rinsing. I use kknt full strength after that. I saw a lot more curl definition after that. I put in flat twist until next wash day.

I'm going to try Naturaltash,s recipe for the mud. If I can't get that to work I will just buy the terresentials. No matter the consistency or the amount my hair tangles as soon as the mud touches it. Its impossible for me to define my girls because of it. I'm hoping its just a pH adjustment.

Besides my usual clay issues I,m glad to see progress.

Edited by DenzKoils - Sep 04 2014 at 9:29pm
trecycat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trecycat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 9:53pm
I'm on day 8 of the MHM and my hair has done a 180.  I thought it would be a struggle to get through 7 days, but I actually look forward to the process every evening.  I actually have a quick question about the deep conditioning step.  Has anyone tried Kanechom Shea Butter for this step?  Before being introduced to the MHM, it was the only product that allowed me to finger detangle with no problem.  Here is the list of ingredients:

Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Parfum, Meth&Meth, Dimethicone, Shea Butter, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Citric Acid
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by trecycat trecycat wrote:

I'm on day 8 of the MHM and my hair has done a 180.  I thought it would be a struggle to get through 7 days, but I actually look forward to the process every evening.  I actually have a quick question about the deep conditioning step.  Has anyone tried Kanechom Shea Butter for this step?  Before being introduced to the MHM, it was the only product that allowed me to finger detangle with no problem.  Here is the list of ingredients:

<strong style="border: 0px; font-family: 'Droid Sans', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: line; color: rgb112, 112, 112; line-height: 21.00792121887207px;">Ingredients<span style="color: rgb112, 112, 112; font-family: 'Droid Sans', Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: 21.00792121887207px;">: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Parfum, Meth&Meth, Dimethicone, Shea Butter, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Citric Acid</span>

The dimethicone, the hydrolyzed keratin are definitely a no. I have a feeling that the meth & meth and the centromonium chloride are also a no.

As you do the regimen more you will be able to finger detangle easily with whatever conditioner you have.
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 12:08am
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

I switched over to acv for step 1. I'm heating my conditioner and using a heat cap for 20 minutes for step 2. I'm massaging the clay/mud into my hair and leaving it on while I shower and then rinsing. I use kknt full strength after that. I saw a lot more curl definition after that. I put in flat twist until next wash day.

I'm going to try Naturaltash,s recipe for the mud. If I can't get that to work I will just buy the terresentials. No matter the consistency or the amount my hair tangles as soon as the mud touches it. Its impossible for me to define my girls because of it. I'm hoping its just a pH adjustment.

Besides my usual clay issues I,m glad to see progress.
I'm glad to see you are persevering DenzKoils! It's hard to know why the clay step is not working for your curls as significantly as for others on the regimen. At least now you are seeing curls, so it must just be working very slowly. 
As we seek, so do we find as a matter of course, and of course as a matter of time. Your journey, struggle and ensuing answers, are sure to help so many quiet others, who are experiencing a similar trial. 
Kudos! I'm rooting for you.
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 12:23am

Hi Everyone!
Just thought I would provide a flax seed gel recipe that really has me excited.  I was getting low on the KKCC and was low on funds as well(LOL) so I was on a mission this weekend to make a batch of flax seed gel.  I have made a couple of batches before and in my opinion, they were OK.  Well I wanted a mix that had ingredients for shine, hold, moisture.(not too think, not too thin and not too much)- Truly to replace the KKCC. I stalked you tube, the internet, and etsy.com for recipes, ingredients, etc. Went to my local health store(Mom's) and purchased the flaxseeds(in bulk- much cheaper than the bag), and herbs.  I already had the oils.  Total costs- approx $4 and off to mixing I go.  Well can I say YESS!!!!!! The gel came out perfect. I was too excited to try it out and I had just cowashed my hair, so I started apply to 85% dry hair and my hair had life!  Great clumping, sheen, and moisture.  
My recipe is this(shout out to naturalbeaty75 on instagram). 
Combine in pot, boil on medium/low heat 12-15 minutes
3 cups of water( I used distilled),1/4 c of flax seeds, 1 tsp of irish moss, 1 tsp of burdock root, 1 tsp of marshmallow root 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp of lemon juice

Strain( I use a strainer and a whisk) and add
1 tbsp of honey, 2 tbsp oils( 1 used 1/3 tsp JBCO, 1/3 tsp sweet almond oil, 1/3 tsp jojoba oil, 1 tbsp of EVVO), 1 tsp vitamin E, drops of essential oil

Let cool .. This  yields 12 ounces of gel.  
And taken from Rachel CPR I freezed in ice cube tray and can use the cubes as needed. It filled up 1 tray.
KKCC 16 ounces $30, 8 ounces $17, DIY fsg being sold 8 oz $12, FSG 12 oz app $.50.  

If you have an inner DIY and 20 minutes, try it out. 

costs - .75 lb of flaxseed $1.64, .08 lb of burdock root 2.46, .03 lb of marshmallow root $1.39, .05 lb of Irish moss $1.90 = total $7.39 

HELLO Flax seed gel my first Holy Grail Product :)

** I used distilled water.  don't remember if I saw that with henna mixtures(which I also was stalking) or flax seed gel  - but used it anyway :)

Hi Naturally50. Thanks for posting this recipe. Where did you purchase the burdock and marshmallow roots and irish moss? I would like to try this alternative gel at some point.
I have used flaxseed gel with okay results (recipe posted by msdeekay). My hair dried faster, but looked dull and second day hair was poofy. I recently started mixing some KCCC into the flaxseed gel - I added 1.5 tbsp of the KCCC to 3tbsp of flaxseed; this instead of 'layering'. I found it gave me great definition, hold and shine, but the hair was stiff and crunchy in feel and sound. Curious. 
The KCCC is amazing but darn that price. I'm through a jar in three washes.
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 8:43am
Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

Hi Everyone!
Just thought I would provide a flax seed gel recipe that really has me excited.  I was getting low on the KKCC and was low on funds as well(LOL) so I was on a mission this weekend to make a batch of flax seed gel.  I have made a couple of batches before and in my opinion, they were OK.  Well I wanted a mix that had ingredients for shine, hold, moisture.(not too think, not too thin and not too much)- Truly to replace the KKCC. I stalked you tube, the internet, and etsy.com for recipes, ingredients, etc. Went to my local health store(Mom's) and purchased the flaxseeds(in bulk- much cheaper than the bag), and herbs.  I already had the oils.  Total costs- approx $4 and off to mixing I go.  Well can I say YESS!!!!!! The gel came out perfect. I was too excited to try it out and I had just cowashed my hair, so I started apply to 85% dry hair and my hair had life!  Great clumping, sheen, and moisture.  
My recipe is this(shout out to naturalbeaty75 on instagram). 
Combine in pot, boil on medium/low heat 12-15 minutes
3 cups of water( I used distilled),1/4 c of flax seeds, 1 tsp of irish moss, 1 tsp of burdock root, 1 tsp of marshmallow root 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp of lemon juice

Strain( I use a strainer and a whisk) and add
1 tbsp of honey, 2 tbsp oils( 1 used 1/3 tsp JBCO, 1/3 tsp sweet almond oil, 1/3 tsp jojoba oil, 1 tbsp of EVVO), 1 tsp vitamin E, drops of essential oil

Let cool .. This  yields 12 ounces of gel.  
And taken from Rachel CPR I freezed in ice cube tray and can use the cubes as needed. It filled up 1 tray.
KKCC 16 ounces $30, 8 ounces $17, DIY fsg being sold 8 oz $12, FSG 12 oz app $.50.  

If you have an inner DIY and 20 minutes, try it out. 

costs - .75 lb of flaxseed $1.64, .08 lb of burdock root 2.46, .03 lb of marshmallow root $1.39, .05 lb of Irish moss $1.90 = total $7.39 

HELLO Flax seed gel my first Holy Grail Product :)

** I used distilled water.  don't remember if I saw that with henna mixtures(which I also was stalking) or flax seed gel  - but used it anyway :)

Hi Naturally50. Thanks for posting this recipe. Where did you purchase the burdock and marshmallow roots and irish moss? I would like to try this alternative gel at some point.
I have used flaxseed gel with okay results (recipe posted by msdeekay). My hair dried faster, but looked dull and second day hair was poofy. I recently started mixing some KCCC into the flaxseed gel - I added 1.5 tbsp of the KCCC to 3tbsp of flaxseed; this instead of 'layering'. I found it gave me great definition, hold and shine, but the hair was stiff and crunchy in feel and sound. Curious. 
The KCCC is amazing but darn that price. I'm through a jar in three washes.
Hi lovemycoils03- Any health food store should have herbs that your can purchase by the pound.  My local one is MOMS, but I know Whole Foods has the herbs too.  This recipe is great! My curls are moisturized, hold but not crunchy and I refresh in the morning with just spritzing with water. I have frozen my batch(in ice cube tray) instead of worrying about putting in the refrigerator.  At each session all I need to do is unthaw a couple of cubes and I'm good to go(I have a TWA). My definition is awesome as well.  My next batch I will add licorice root.(for growth)  Let me know how it turns out for you.
Funfo20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Funfo20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2014 at 9:49am
Hello MHM family!

I trust that everyone is doing great!

We had a great time at the MHM Party in Chicago last Sunday and I just wanted to share that with you all. Thanks to Pinke Cube, MsDeeKay and everyone that promoted the event. It was a success.

To some of the ladies who came out and who usually lurk on the board, I say thank you for coming out. ***waving hello***

We got great feedback from the ladies that attended about the Method. Some that have tried it have had great success with it. Everyone was just really excited about the fact that we are no longer confined to thirsty and dry hair. We can now have type 4 moisturized hair. No more guessing game!

The ladies all expressed their appreciation and thanked Pinke Cube for the research and sharing her findings and knowledge. Also, to MsDeeKay, for compiling the information on her website, and doing those great YouTube tutorials.

And guess what? Pinke Cube called in to say hello to the ladies and answered a few questions. THANK YOU. That meant a lot to me. I wasn’t alone all by myself!

Details and pictures can be found on my blog:http://www.editorinkinks.com/?p=238&preview=true

There are a lot of pictures, so the page might take some time to load, please be patient. Enjoy!

Edited by Funfo20 - Sep 05 2014 at 9:51am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style