Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262263264 276>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
GUMBOHAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBOHAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 5:00pm
I have been doing the MHM for the last two weeks…so far so good. I was wondering if you would be interested in having a hair analysis done. I know http://www.komazahaircare.com/sample-report does them. I would be the first to put up $5 dollars towards it…I wouldn't be surprise if the other ladies would chip in. I notice haven seems to have a strong microscope but I'm not sure if she would be willing to do the analysis.

I noticed that some have questioned if the hair shaft would still be healthy after numerous treatments. This would put a nail in that coffin since you have done the treatment the longest. It would be awesome if we had your original strands for analysis as well.

Do you think that after a while the hair actually changes to a high porosity since it starts coming out of the roots curly? Or do you think the hair is just hydrated and still will need to go through the MHM after a while? I tried to post this in the forum but it didn't work.

Thanks,

Gumbohair

Sponsored Links

GUMBOHAIR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUMBOHAIR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 5:01pm
Pinkcube the above message is your you.^^^^^^^
Sallou14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sallou14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 5:03pm
gigglemey Thank you so much !
Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 7:31pm
Hi MHMers, Has anyone had a problem with the calcium Aztec clay. I was introducing my niece to MHM. After the Cherry Lola treatment and the DC conditioning, we decided to leave the clay on overnight. After some time she began to itch and had to rinse it out. Has anyone had this reaction? I sleep in the clay often with no problem. Same mixture used by both of us. This was her first application. She is eager to achieve more hydration. Any advice for us. Much thanks in advance.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 8:24pm
I've never slept with treatments on my hair so i cant chime in on that. I tried once with a plastic cap, but I felt like I was too restricted and couldn't move at all otherwise condish would get on my pillow. Not comfortable at all..
CocoGlow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CocoGlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2014 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Mgood2go Mgood2go wrote:

Hi MHMers, Has anyone had a problem with the calcium Aztec clay. I was introducing my niece to MHM. After the Cherry Lola treatment and the DC conditioning, we decided to leave the clay on overnight. After some time she began to itch and had to rinse it out. Has anyone had this reaction? I sleep in the clay often with no problem. Same mixture used by both of us. This was her first application. She is eager to achieve more hydration. Any advice for us. Much thanks in advance.

The clay might have dried on her scalp in certain sections ...  I know that when applying the clay on the face, if you let it dry, your face starts to itch and you have to rinse it off ... just a thought
Joja1107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joja1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 6:34am
Yes, it is normal. When me & my daughter use it for a face mask and it starts to dry, it itches so badly!! I did sleep in my clay and it did itch but I knew it would because of the masks we use. I can't remember how long it itch for though. I'll try to take note next time.
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

Originally posted by Joja1107 Joja1107 wrote:

Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

Hi Everyone!
Just thought I would provide a flax seed gel recipe that really has me excited.  I was getting low on the KKCC and was low on funds as well(LOL) so I was on a mission this weekend to make a batch of flax seed gel.  I have made a couple of batches before and in my opinion, they were OK.  Well I wanted a mix that had ingredients for shine, hold, moisture.(not too think, not too thin and not too much)- Truly to replace the KKCC. I stalked you tube, the internet, and etsy.com for recipes, ingredients, etc. Went to my local health store(Mom's) and purchased the flaxseeds(in bulk- much cheaper than the bag), and herbs.  I already had the oils.  Total costs- approx $4 and off to mixing I go.  Well can I say YESS!!!!!! The gel came out perfect. I was too excited to try it out and I had just cowashed my hair, so I started apply to 85% dry hair and my hair had life!  Great clumping, sheen, and moisture.  
My recipe is this(shout out to naturalbeaty75 on instagram). 
<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Combine in pot, boil on medium/low heat 12-15 minutes</span>
3 cups of water,1/4 c of flax seeds, 1 tsp of irish moss, 1 tsp of burdock root, 1 tsp of marshmallow root 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp of lemon juice

Strain( I use a strainer and a whisk) and add
1 tbsp of honey, 2 tbsp oils( 1 used 1/3 tsp JBCO, 1/3 tsp sweet almond oil, 1/3 tsp jojoba oil, 1 tbsp of EVVO), 1 tsp vitamin E, drops of essential oil

Let cool .. This  yields 12 ounces of gel.  
And taken from Rachel CPR I freezed in ice cube tray and can use the cubes as needed. It filled up 1 tray.
KKCC 16 ounces $30, 8 ounces $17, DIY fsg being sold 8 oz $12, FSG 12 oz app $.50.  

If you have an inner DIY and 20 minutes, try it out. 

costs - .75 lb of flaxseed $1.64, .08 lb of burdock root 2.46, .03 lb of marshmallow root $1.39, .05 lb of Irish moss $1.90 = total $7.39 

HELLO Flax seed gel my first Holy Grail Product :)

THANKS so much for this recipe!!! I'm going to use it definitely use this!!! Im going to make a larger batch since 2 of us are using. 
Is it the same consistency as Kccc? The flax I make is just a little to thick and I end up leaving dried snot looking spots on my strands. LOL
What does it smell like? What are the best essential oils for a nice pretty scent? <span style="font-size: medium; line-height: 1.4;">I don't have any oils or herbs so I would need to get some of those too.</span>
Thanks Naturally50, I will try this along with duckkeisha recipe! I have all of the ingriedents except burdock root. Would you mind advising the purpose of burdock root? Ok, guess it time for me to go shopping LOL!
Hi Crownstar Burdock root is for strenghtening and growth.  I'm very pleased with the recipe and glad that I have a recipe that has results that will save me from the expense of the KKCC. I love it but my pockets love the FSG better.  Plus I'm enjoying DIY recipe's.  You feel so accomplished when it turns out fantastic.  My next batch I may add a couple of more herbs to the mix (licorice root- great for hydration and hair growth) and horsetail(promotes hair growth and is an ingredient in KKCC). Let us know how it goes
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 7:42am
Hi Pinke Cube-  I'm checking out the approved conditioners that are all natural and KKNT and the Bee-u-ti-Ful Moisturizing Deep Conditioner are the only ones.  I wanted to try out the deep conditioner but was looking at their website and the line has a daily moisturizer and conditioner.  I was wondering why those two are not on the approved conditioner list

Bee Lovely Moisturizing Daily Conditioner

Ingredients: Distilled Water, Chamomile Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil and Stearalkonium Chloride, Cupuacu Butter, Organic Coconut Oil, BTMS (mild emulsifier), Organic Raw Honey, Preservative (Paraben & Formaldehyde Free), Fragrance (Phthalate Free).  On the new label it reads an incorrect preservative the correct preservative is Optiphen - INCI name (Phenoxyethanol & Caprylyl Glycol).

Avocado Cream Balanced Conditioner

Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Juice, Lavendula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Distillate, Anthemis nobilis (Organic Roman Chamomile) Distillate, Cetearyl Alcohol(vegetable-based emulsifier), Ricinus communis (Castor Seed) Oil, Avocado Butter, Avocado Oil,  Stearalkonium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, d-Calcium Pantothenate (Panthenol Vitamin B5), Panthenol (Vitamin B Complex), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Rosa mosqueta (Rosehip) Seed Oil, Salix nigra (Organic Black Willow Bark) Extract, Fragrance.
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2014 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Mgood2go Mgood2go wrote:

HI there... When I leave the clay more than 30 minutes my scalp itches... I just leave the clay for 20 minutes and that solved the problem for me..
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 260261262263264 276>