Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 257258259260261 291>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Originally posted by gigglemey gigglemey wrote:

Hi yall,
  I have been doing the bald spot regimen these past couple of days and my scalp is itchy. This is not that new for me since beanies and DC have always made me itchy. My head just never likes to be covered really... Anyway today I couldn't handle it any longer so I removed my cap and beanie.... my scalp smelled like a stinky foot Dead I never have bad smelling hair. I left my hair slightly damp to ghe these past two days and I put tea tree oil on my scalp as its antimicrobial and such. WHY does my scalp stink like athletes foot? Thats exactly what it smells like. I really wanted to do this regimen to increase my moisture but I may just have to opt out and return to the regular regimen. So I redid the steps to cleanse my head Smile

I've been doing the bald spot regimen for almost 2 weeks now and I have stinky hair too LOL! I feel so much better knowing it wasn't just me. My scalp isn't itching that much but my hair does smell funky! Lol! I'll be washing on Friday so at least that should help. I would love for pinkecube or someone else to provide an in depth explanation of the stinky hair syndrome.
I've done 7 days of the bald spot regimen and although my hair wasn't smelly, I felt it was gummy from the conditioner and perspiration so I rinsed and did the cherry lola caramel treatment. I did notice in the rinsed out that I had alot more curl definition. I think it was the GHE that produced this.  I'll do the cayenne pepper treatment again periodically. I had good results so far.  Happy journeying!!!Clap 
Sponsored Links

Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 10:36am
Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

Osa Osula You Tube Videos (Max Hydration on 4C Hair Yay or Nay & My Reaction to Max Hydration Comments

I just reviewed these videos and she seems to be caught up with the use of baking soda and "it removing the shingles of the hair” and called TMHM “a modern day Jeri curl”… It’s a shame that the entire premise of the method was missed... Comments such as “If God wanted you to have curly hair, than you would have curly hair” were uncalled for. The name of the method is MAX HYD RATION   “Common sense” would tell you baking soda is not a relaxer if it were, I wish I knew this when I was relaxed, I could have just got two boxes and touched up my hair every 6-8 weeks for 1 year and then used ACV to neutralize the “relaxer” duh!

How is keeping your hair clean and moisturized using non-drying, irratating products and sealed being compared to a Jeri Curl? If I remember the process for a Jeri Curl correctly, the first step was to relax your hair with a chemical and then use another chemical to curl your hair all of this was not done with baking soda!

In all fairness she does note that the method works and somewhat retract a bit in the 2nd video and provides her personal experience with baking soda whereas this wasn’t offered in the first video.
What is so sad is that she uses a blow dryer to make her hair more manageable but can’t understand why others would want to use a method to make theirs more manageable not involving heat…. The “Spanish type hair” comment is not even worth discussing. In other videos, she even acknowledges that her hair responds well to protein treatments and that she has normal porosity hair!

I believe it is everyone’s prerogative to either try the method or not try the method, it’s that simple, I for who, am exhausted with reading comments on boards and watching videos where TMHM is being dismissed by people who haven’t tried it!

At the end of the day, everyone will make their decision as to whether they want to use baking soda, ACV or monkey snot on their hair. Those that want to do the method will and those that won’t, won’t it’s as simple as that.

What is so sad is that when The Curly Girl Method was introduced; created BY and FOR people with hair definitely NOT like ours, no one bashed the method to this extent…. African American’s of ALL hair types jumped on the band wagon and didn’t bother to research all the harsh products being recommended. Also the Anthony Dickey Method was introduced (another method not addressing the needs of 4 type) hair and it was embraced.

Here is a method created by US, for US and this is what we have to deal with…oh my people, my people! This is just sad, so sad.

I’d also like to add:

Aharri: I read your comments on the first video, VALID points you made and well said.
PinkeCube & Ms Dee I appreciate all that you’d done and continue to do for us 4 type, protein sensitive, low porosity hair types! Keep doing what you are doing.

I've dropped the mike and left the building....lol

So eloquently stated!
SheRah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SheRah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 12:08pm
Hi Ladies, does anyone know what the results look like on a TWA?
CurlyMeema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Hi yall,
  I have been doing the bald spot regimen these past couple of days and my scalp is itchy. This is not that new for me since beanies and DC have always made me itchy. My head just never likes to be covered really... Anyway today I couldn't handle it any longer so I removed my cap and beanie.... my scalp smelled like a stinky foot Dead I never have bad smelling hair. I left my hair slightly damp to ghe these past two days and I put tea tree oil on my scalp as its antimicrobial and such. WHY does my scalp stink like athletes foot? Thats exactly what it smells like. I really wanted to do this regimen to increase my moisture but I may just have to opt out and return to the regular regimen. So I redid the steps to cleanse my head Smile

I've been doing the bald spot regimen for almost 2 weeks now and I have stinky hair too LOL! I feel so much better knowing it wasn't just me. My scalp isn't itching that much but my hair does smell funky! Lol! I'll be washing on Friday so at least that should help. I would love for pinkecube or someone else to provide an in depth explanation of the stinky hair syndrome.
WOW - when my cap slipped off yesterday and I caught a whiff of my hair I thought the same thing.  It's still pretty warm here so I started wondering if I should have waited until it cooled off a bit more.   I'm really struggling  and I'm only 5 days and 6 nights in on this bald spot regimen.  I've never liked wigs and my skin is itching everywhere the wig touches as well as under the plastic cap (I'm using seran wrap today!  I'm trying to hang on but I may end up just living with the bald spot.
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by SheRah SheRah wrote:

Hi Ladies, does anyone know what the results look like on a TWA?

Hey there. Check out the instagram page - http://instagram.com/maxhydrationmethod

Naturally50 has a cute twa and you should see a pic of her hair there. There are other curlies there for reference as well.

Hope that helps!

Edited by solomonsydelle - Sep 02 2014 at 2:34pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 2:33pm
z3inal3m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z3inal3m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 2:45pm
Hi,
This question may have been asked already. I apologize in advance if I did. If I do not want to use the botanical gel is there an alternative that can be used i.e. jojoba oil, coconut oil, argan oil, avocado oil.

I am two days in to my max hydration method and my hair is still feeling pretty stiff and brittle although I can see my hair is absorbing more moisture.

Melanie
gigglemey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote gigglemey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 4:57pm
@Joja1107 @Naturaltash1 @Mgood2go @CurlyMeema

Thankyou!! I seriously felt alone with the stank lol. I did do some more browsing through the web and found other ladies doing ghe having a similar problem. So it seems to be the moist environment and sweat mixed in that creates this problem...? I don't have a thorough grasp of it, but now I am not freaking out over it thinking I am doing something wrong.

I found this on MsDeeKay's site which soothed my nerves
"A good visual analogy is to think of when you wear a bandaid on your finger all week long, with out taking it off. Because oxygen was hindered from reaching your finger, sweat is trapped along with dead skin and natural skin fatty acids that was allowed to build up on the finger. The dead skin and natural skin fatty acids/oils begins to build up, not the sweat. The dead skin and natural skin oil attracts bacteria and starts to smell funny, actual sweat does not have a smell. The only direct impact moisture has, is it causes the dead skin to cake due to the wetness, and give the finger a gray appearance, that feels almost rubbery and excessively soft and elastic.
However, if you took off the bandaid once each day during the week, washed your hands with soap and changed to a new bandaid, that effect won’t happen. Dead skin and excess oil is being washed off, therefore the only thing that can build up is being removed consistently. Deep conditioning with this method is always followed by some form of clarifying before and shortly after. It is even less of a problem when you are not using heavy amounts of thick conditioner. This is why I emphasize watering it down a bit, because thicker amounts build up faster." (http://www.msdeekay.com/the-maximum-hydration-method/the-maximum-hydration-method-regimen/) heres the link =) I love her site its very informative for when i cannot search and find answers on here.

And two more links addressing the smell issue during GHE

http://realqueens.ning.com/forum/topics/itchy-scalp-and-what-to-do?groupUrl=realqueensregimensummer2011challenge&groupId=5666083%3AGroup%3A15832&id=5666083%3ATopic%3A24403&page=3#comments

http://www.lishaunaturals.com/haircare/real-queens-green-house-effect-regimen/

After reading these links after many many others I feel better and am gonna push through try not to let my cap slip off lol and keep it moving because I am in it for the long haul. And please anyone who is doing the BALD SPOT REG keep US updated. It is also too hot where I live but I am doing it anyway and am doing it now til spring comes. With the hopes of boosting my moisture levels more so than doing the regular reggie ^^ and it saves money. Tucking my hair away is worth health in the long run. so good luck everyone!! Clap
gigglemey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote gigglemey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by z3inal3m z3inal3m wrote:

Hi,
This question may have been asked already. I apologize in advance if I did. If I do not want to use the botanical gel is there an alternative that can be used i.e. jojoba oil, coconut oil, argan oil, avocado oil.

I am two days in to my max hydration method and my hair is still feeling pretty stiff and brittle although I can see my hair is absorbing more moisture.

Melanie

Hiiiii, I know I am not one of the elites on here lol but until they return, welcome =) From my understanding the gel is best for sealing in the moisture which is why it is recommended and flax seed is nice, cheap, customizable. I believe you can use oil to seal but it would not be as good of a sealant as a botanical gel because the gel forms that cast over the hair shaft sealing everything in. As for oils some are sensitive to coconut idk if you are... humectant oils like castor oil would have to be layered with another oil like olive oil. so it would be applied olive, castor then olive again so that the castor oil does not start drawing out moisture from your strands. Grapeseed can be used but for some it can be drying. I think as long as its not a humectant and not too heavy to where the clarifying steps cannot remove it you should be fine. I have also seen oil layered under a gel if you wanna try that option =)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2014 at 7:34pm

Originally posted by z3inal3m z3inal3m wrote:

Hi,

Melanie

Hiiiii, I know I am not one of the elites on here lol but until they return, welcome =) From my understanding the gel is best for sealing in the moisture which is why it is recommended and flax seed is nice, cheap, customizable. I believe you can use oil to seal but it would not be as good of a sealant as a botanical gel because the gel forms that cast over the hair shaft sealing everything in. As for oils some are sensitive to coconut idk if you are... humectant oils like castor oil would have to be layered with another oil like olive oil. so it would be applied olive, castor then olive again so that the castor oil does not start drawing out moisture from your strands. Grapeseed can be used but for some it can be drying. I think as long as its not a humectant and not too heavy to where the clarifying steps cannot remove it you should be fine. I have also seen oil layered under a gel if you wanna try that option =)

Hey z3inal3m! Welcome!

If I may, just wanted to cosign gigglemey's response. Keep in mind that you are still at the beginning of your MHM journey so you are likely in a trial and error stage. I know I went through it. I say this to say, try to stick to the regimen as its laid out precisely. Making a few minor adjustments to technique/measurements could be all you need and not removing gel from your regimen.

If your hair feels crunchy, there are some simple things you can do to lessen the crunch or dryness. Here are a few tips of mine. I got them from watching vids, reading the commentary in the thread and basic trial and error. Hope you don't mind, I just cut and paste from a previous discussion.

1) Make sure my conditioner is adequately diluted and not over-diluted (it should produce slip when applied).
2) Make sure that I apply a little bit more water to my hair before steps 4 and 5.
3) Make sure that I squeeze out excess water from my hair after applying gel.
4) Make sure that when I squeeze out the excess liquid, I don't reapply it to other parts of my hair (Yup, I'd love to save those precious drops, after all Kinky Curly products are not cheap, but doing so never works for me *shrug*).
5) Take a second to shake my head without hurting myself once my whole head is done.
6) Oh, and if you don't do this - do steps 4 and 5 at the same time.

Here are tips from Lovemycoils03 -

"
1) warm full strength conditioner in microwave for step 2 (no more than 15 sec) and apply immediately to my hair, then sit under hood dryer 10-15  min. I stopped DCing over night as I experienced quite a bit of shedding and frizz with that option.
2) No longer use the tea tree tingle shampoo, found it drying
3) Sleep with clay, saves time and improves the definition
4) Use watered down conditioner with slip in step 4. It makes the hair feel soft at least."

Hope these ideas help and I'm sure as you peek around the thread, you'll find some more tips that work for you.

Good luck!

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 257258259260261 291>