Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 253254255256257 279>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 10:56am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

[QUOTE=solomonsydelle]May I ask if anyone else is experiencing nail damage while doing MHM? My nails keep chipping on the sides. And, none of my nail polishes have been able to hold up since I started the method. I clearly have my fingers in water too much.

I'm wondering if I should go back to taking vitamins. Maybe that might help my body overall, and give my nails some more strength.

Looking for any thoughts and recommendations. Thanks.
sorry I really haven't had this experience but then I have strong nails what I have noticed is that my hands are much softer I guess because they stay in conditioner lol!
Sponsored Links

Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 11:21am
I do recall my sister has soft nails and uses Sally Hanson Hard As Nails as a base coat. She has always said that it keeps her nails from breaking and chipping. Hth

Edited by Crownstar - Aug 30 2014 at 11:21am
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 11:44am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Originally posted by solomonsydelle solomonsydelle wrote:

May I ask if anyone else is experiencing nail damage while doing MHM? My nails keep chipping on the sides. And, none of my nail polishes have been able to hold up since I started the method. I clearly have my fingers in water too much.

I'm wondering if I should go back to taking vitamins. Maybe that might help my body overall, and give my nails some more strength.

Looking for any thoughts and recommendations. Thanks.

I remember ysadoralacquers over on page 154 had this experience...but I don't know of any solutions so far...hopefully someone else can chime in with some suggestions.

Yes, someone did mention having a rough time with her nails much earlier. Thanks for spotlighting her name. I might reach out and ask her if she was able to remedy the situation.

Thanks again!
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

I do recall my sister has soft nails and uses Sally Hanson Hard As Nails as a base coat. She has always said that it keeps her nails from breaking and chipping. Hth

Ooh, I can swear by that stuff. My friend had some at her house and I used it. It worked very well.

Sadly, I can't find that here, least I don't think so.

Will put it on my list of things to have a family member bring to me when next I get visitors.

I just hope that as I continue MHMing, and slow down how often I wash, my hands will be in water less.

Thanks for the reminder and I'm glad MHM is giving you soft hands.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 12:18pm
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLOMG you guys had me cracking up over this whole baking soda discussion LOLLOLLOL I think everyone has brought up some valid discussions and covered everything... I just wish before people made assumptions and brought their thoughts to the public, they would actually thoroughly read what MHM is all about. 

I love what Denzkoils said
Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> </span>Denzkoils  Denzkoils wrote:

But by our staying focuses and working the method we will have the last laugh. Our cumulative successes will shut many mouths." 

I agree, as long as we keep focused on what we're doing and present our progress/MHM in a positive light...ultimately MHM speaks for itself.

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> solomonsydelle</span>  solomonsydelle wrote:

"Am I a bad person because I started laughing when she said that if God wanted us to have curly hair we would have curly hair?

All I could think to myself was - I guess if God wanted us to have braided hair with blonde streaks in it, we would have braided hair with blond streaks, NATURALLY. (The lady has lovely braids in her hair at the time of her video)

I'm glad she got her opinion off her chest, though. In the comments, she noted she had been challenged by MHM supporters, hence the vlog. (We all have to respect each other's opinions and that goes for both sides of the debate. At the end of the day, its just hair.)

Not sure why improving the porosity, via efficient moisture retention on one's own hair is so bothersome to many, but all is well. 

Wonder if she opposes what danabnatural and aketafitgirl have been doing with their hair for a year or more? 

Off to start cycle 24 *caresses soft tresses on my head as I go"

LOLLOLLOLI agree with a lot of what you said...there seems to be a double standard...I never got the memo that Type 4 hair is only allowed to be worn in stretched protective styles...Which by the way not all type 4 hair thrives on. Including my own. I tried this and my hair just didn't thrive.

Originally posted by <span style=font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 15.454545021057129px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 19.09090805053711px; : rgb251, 251, 253;> crownstar</span>  crownstar wrote:

I just reviewed these videos and she seems to be caught up with the use of baking soda and "it removing the shingles of the hair” and called TMHM “a modern day Jeri curl”… It’s a shame that the entire premise of the method was missed... Comments such as “If God wanted you to have curly hair, than you would have curly hair” were uncalled for. The name of the method is MAX HYD RATION   “Common sense” would tell you baking soda is not a relaxer if it were, I wish I knew this when I was relaxed, I could have just got two boxes and touched up my hair every 6-8 weeks for 1 year and then used ACV to neutralize the “relaxer” duh!

How is keeping your hair clean and moisturized using non-drying, irratating products and sealed being compared to a Jeri Curl? If I remember the process for a Jeri Curl correctly, the first step was to relax your hair with a chemical and then use another chemical to curl your hair all of this was not done with baking soda!

In all fairness she does note that the method works and somewhat retract a bit in the 2nd video and provides her personal experience with baking soda whereas this wasn’t offered in the first video. 
What is so sad is that she uses a blow dryer to make her hair more manageable but can’t understand why others would want to use a method to make theirs more manageable not involving heat…. The “Spanish type hair” comment is not even worth discussing. In other videos, she even acknowledges that her hair responds well to protein treatments and that she has normal porosity hair! 

I believe it is everyone’s prerogative to either try the method or not try the method, it’s that simple, I for who, am exhausted with reading comments on boards and watching videos where TMHM is being dismissed by people who haven’t tried it!

At the end of the day, everyone will make their decision as to whether they want to use baking soda, ACV or monkey snot on their hair. Those that want to do the method will and those that won’t, won’t it’s as simple as that.

What is so sad is that when The Curly Girl Method was introduced; created BY and FOR people with hair definitely NOT like ours, no one bashed the method to this extent…. African American’s of ALL hair types jumped on the band wagon and didn’t bother to research all the harsh products being recommended. Also the Anthony Dickey Method was introduced (another method not addressing the needs of 4 type) hair and it was embraced.

Here is a method created by US, for US and this is what we have to deal with…oh my people, my people! This is just sad, so sad. 

I’d also like to add: 

Aharri: I read your comments on the first video, VALID points you made and well said.
PinkeCube & Ms Dee I appreciate all that you’d done and continue to do for us 4 type, protein sensitive, low porosity hair types! Keep doing what you are doing. 

I've dropped the mike and left the building....lol
 She did seem worked up when she made the videos and I think that is why her videos were the way they were. Since I had no background information I was a bit taken aback and kept asking myself why is she so angry though?  
I think this whole baking soda thing is something that will take a while for a lot of people to accept.
I also watched the videos years ago about the whole baking soda debate...and I was scared of trying it on my hair for years. When I found out last year that I was low porosity and that baking soda is actually beneficial to low porosity hair I was really amused at all the sensationalism involving it and now I take all the fear mongering in the natural hair community with a grain of salt. Its unfortunate though because most people look up to people on YT as their only source of information and take everything most of these "gurus" say as gospel. 

I also dont understand why people are ok with the curly girl method but not with the max hydration method. People have been using ACV, Baking Soda and clay for years. Now that there is a regimen that integrates everything together for US by US people are fighting it with all their might...I dont get it.

Co-sign everything you said, you got me cracking up LOLLOLLOL at drops the mic LOL'

Goodluck coiffed coils with school.

LOLLOLLOL @ Aharri feeling like a rebel using Baking soda :)

You guys are the best!!!!....really gave me some good laughs

I was a bit surprised that she said we are creating holes in our hair and covering it with gel. I think if high porosity was simply eliminated by gel then a lot of high porosity people would not have issues. It seems she doesn't really understand low porosity hair works. Overall she hasn't taken the time to understand what the regimen is about before making her claims.

I think as MHM gets more popular we will have a lot more resistance and we all have to be prepared to deal with it.

Thanks Pinke for taking time out your schedule and coming and giving a long review on your thoughts.
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 1:21pm
Tomorrow is the big Chicago event. I wish you much success. Please let us know how it goes. Maybe you will host events in different states.
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 1:27pm
My flat twist out didn't work out so well. My hair wasn't dry in the morning evening after an hour under the dryer before I went to bed and another thirty minutes in the morning. (Yay). I think that is a good sign for me.

After doing the regimen last night I have determined that 15 minutes for each step is all my hair can take. So I will pick up again after vacation. Hopefully I will have some pics by the end of September.
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 1:41pm
Not sure of the impact on the regk, perhaps pinkecube could let us know but before I apply the mud I put an acv mix on my scalp and massage it in and rinse. Then I put on the mud. I think the pH of my scalp gets off and needs to be readjusted.

Maybe this will help someone who has an itchy scalp.

I also did it before I did an overnight DC and was able to make it through the night without scratching my scalp off.
Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:19pm
Originally posted by solomonsydelle solomonsydelle wrote:

Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

Ooh, I can swear by that stuff. My friend had some at her house and I used it. It worked very well.

Sadly, I can't find that here, least I don't think so.

Will put it on my list of things to have a family member bring to me when next I get visitors.

I just hope that as I continue MHMing, and slow down how often I wash, my hands will be in water less.

Thanks for the reminder and I'm glad MHM is giving you soft hands.

solomonsydelle: in addition to a nail hardener, I take a Hair, Nails and Skin vitamin. My nails have improved a lot. It may be worth a try. HTH
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2014 at 5:35pm
How are all doing? God bless!!!
I just wanted to say that Osa Osula video just inspired me to keep doing mhm because of this: "The tree that bears fruit that is to throw stones"...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 253254255256257 279>