Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 292>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carameltresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameltresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 5:43pm
Yay!!!!  Thank you for the response.  I'm excited I don't have to take it back (I hate returning things). I'm on Day 5/Step 2 now, sitting under the dryer for 30 minutes.  I'm going to try the Aloe Vera Gel tonight to see what happens.  I will still be cautious and use some oil with it.

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links

solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 28 2014 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by gigglemey gigglemey wrote:

Hiii Everyone ^^

I completed the 7 day challenge and I'm seeing places starting to curl!!! *excited* I learned how to apply the steps to my liking and feel more like their is a rhythm to doing my hair now so I am happy.  

From here I wanna go straight into the Bald Spot Regimen from sept-march
. I do not have a bald spot, my hair just never prospered during fall/winter Cry So since its beanie weather anyway that works out perfectly. Hopefully this is just what my hair needs, I know it is extremely dry so this should boost my moisture levels. I guess I am doing a 6 mo challenge for myself. Can't wait for the unveiling in Spring Big smile

Congrats on completing the 7-day! nothing like seeing progress.

Please keep us up to date on how the bald spot regimen works for you. I'm tempted to make a wig and keep my hair ghe-ing for a while to jumpstart some more growth. Not sure if I have the patience, but I can vicariously experience it through you and others who update their progress.

Good luck.
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 12:33am
I used the watery clay again tonight and left it on for 5 minutes. For now this is working for me. My hair was soft when rinsed and my curls started to form when I put on the leave in.

I probably don't need it as watery as it is but I think it needs to be thinner than I was making it.

When I wash tomorrow I will try defining my curls and try leaving it on for 30 minutes.

I'm wearing a twist out tomorrow. I'm very optimistic that it will turn out great.
naturallyme247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturallyme247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 9:14am

So, this is another "perspective" on the maximum hydration method and I just wanted to know what you guys think of this woman research into this method. She claims that this method acts exactly like a jheri curls because we're removing the "shingles" in our hair and add conditioner. 

I'll let you know my thoughts but I would really appreciates others thoughts and especially yours too pinkecube if and when you have the time. 

Here are the steps to getting a chemical free jheri curl

1. Use gentle, chemical-free shampoo. Shampoos containing sulfates, alcohols, and plastics are tough on African-American hair, causing it to become brittle and break more easily. Using a chemical-free shampoo keeps the hair shaft strong, providing a good foundation for natural, soft curls. 

2. Use a leave-in conditioner. Moisture is key when it comes to defined curls. While your hair is still wet, cover it with a good natural leave-in conditioner that contains nourishing ingredients like shea butter and argan oil. These trap moisture in to keep your hair soft.

3. Section your hair into several parts. This will make it easier to twist your curls into shape. Each one will need to be shaped individually. Hold the sections apart using clips.

4.Apply curling custard or cream to the first section. Curling cream or curling custard are products made with natural ingredients that promote soft, shiny curls. Apply plenty of product to the first section, using your fingers and a wide-tooth comb to smooth it through. 

5.Lasts tips requires you twist and night and wake up with nice jheri curls.

Okay so here is my take. Since she never talked about looking at either a maximally hydrated hair and or chemical free done jheri curled hair underneath a microscope and comparing and contrasting the two I don't think she can make the claim that we've lost our "shingles" and or that we are getting the same results of that of a chemical free jheri curl. How would she know what's going with our hair if she hasn't studied it? This is her assumption but she's going on weak evidence. One, she claims that the maximum hydrated method is exactly like that of chemical free jherr curl method. WRONG. We're told NOT to use shampoos and second shampoos can ONLY strip your hair they don't open you're cuticles like acv rinse would or baking soda would. 

Then she talks about how this method is simply making our hair more porous....but why would we be told to do light protein treatments every now and then..if the point of this method is to make our hair more porous? 

She claims the baking soda is making the hair "more porous" because it's akaline and high in ph level and that's why we're recieving the results that we are BUT she also notes that acv rinse in used in this method and that it is NOT AKALINE AND HIGH IN PH LEVEL BUT CAN BE USED AND YOU'LL SEE THE SAME RESULTS. If you put two and two together then you should note that..if you're claiming that it's the high akaline and high ph level that giving us our results in this method but yet the same method also says that you can use acv rince which is  very low in alkine and low in ph levels and still get the same result than you must note that that high ph level and alkaline is not the cause of our results. Plus for a permanent change in hair you would need a ph level of 9...baking soda is 8 and with conditionerand honey at normal ph level of hair 4-7. 

I don't think this method is making out hair more porpus. I simple think that she does not understand hair. All we are doing is LIFTING our cuticles (barries around our hair) and putting moisture in our hair. Not ruining our hair by opening our hair strands. 

Then she claims we only get results (or curly hair) when we put product in but  I guess she didn't read the part where we're suppose ot be seeing results WITHOUT PRODUCT! 

I could go on but the fact that she claims that those two methods are the same without acknowledge the major difference...clay/deep conditioning/the amount of time...and how does she even know that the chemical free jheri curlw works..or the results of it compared to our results. You can't get good results without the clay with max hydration method which the chemical free jherri curls method doesn't have...so yeah. 

Thoughts?

Edited by naturallyme247 - Aug 29 2014 at 10:40am
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 10:53am
Unless the person makes valid points I just ignore them. There are going to be plenty of perspectives that contradict MHM. I prefer to focus on what's working and how to master the regimen for myself.

In my experience there are fewer than ten percent of bloggers or vloggers that really know anything. Just my opinion.

Edited by DenzKoils - Aug 29 2014 at 10:56am
naturallyme247 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote naturallyme247 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 11:11am
True. I just don't like people spreading false information. 
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 11:55am
Originally posted by naturallyme247 naturallyme247 wrote:

True. I just don't like people spreading false information. 

I don't either. Its ANNOYING and IRRITATING.

But by our staying focuses and working the method we will have the last laugh. Our cumulative successes will shut many mouths.
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by naturallyme247 naturallyme247 wrote:

Re: vlog by Osa Osula

Am I a bad person because I started laughing when she said that if God wanted us to have curly hair we would have curly hair?

All I could think to myself was - I guess if God wanted us to have braided hair with blonde streaks in it, we would have braided hair with blond streaks, NATURALLY. (The lady has lovely braids in her hair at the time of her video)

I'm glad she got her opinion off her chest, though. In the comments, she noted she had been challenged by MHM supporters, hence the vlog. (We all have to respect each other's opinions and that goes for both sides of the debate. At the end of the day, its just hair.)

Not sure why improving the porosity, via efficient moisture retention on one's own hair is so bothersome to many, but all is well.

Wonder if she opposes what danabnatural and aketafitgirl have been doing with their hair for a year or more?

Off to start cycle 24 *caresses soft tresses on my head as I go*

Smile

naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Would love to give a warm welcome all the new MHMers mgood2go, sdnaught, joja1107,gigglemey, crimsoncoil, empowered, creole beauty, cprealtor, carameltresses, LaTonyaR wishing you all a wonderful journey to Max Hydration, thank you to everyone who has made them feel at home and has been offering support and answering questions including sollomonsydelle, Denzkoils, crownstar, aharri, nothidden, lovemycoils03, naturally50, curlymeema, afrolistic, naturaltash1, tallbeautie, mrsellis, afroangel, myfaithrising, cdncoily, duckkeisha, nickshotmama06 
Hug Appreciate all of you Big smile

Welcome All to the maximum hydration method journey.  and thank you msdeekay and pinkecube for all your efforts.  We GREATLY appreciate all that you do.  I feel like we are one big happy familyBig smile

Myfaithrising View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Myfaithrising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2014 at 6:34pm
I want to send my thanks again as well. I'm personally having a ball seeing my hair respond so well to this method. I just henna'd yesterday so my hair is a bit dry still but now that I know what it should feel like I can work on getting it back to where it should be. I never thought that I could have defined curls without product, now thanks to MHM I know better. And thanks to my fellow curlies, in the trenches, giving all of us the benefit of their experiences.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 250251252253254 292>
  Share Topic