Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 291>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
carameltresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameltresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 6:26pm
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and on Day 3 of MHM.  I have experienced hardness with the Giovanni gel.  Both days, my hair looked terrible after the gel dried...even after using jojoba oil before the gel. Has anyone else experienced this with the gel and do you have suggestions on others I can find?

Also, prior to this challenge, I was using EcoStyler of course and my hair seems to like it on day one, but it would suck the life out of it by day 2.  Are there any suggested botanical curl milks or creams that we can use.  I hate crunchy hair and that is what gel tends to do to mine.

Thanks for all your help!
Sponsored Links

Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by carameltresses carameltresses wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and on Day 3 of MHM.  I have experienced hardness with the Giovanni gel.  Both days, my hair looked terrible after the gel dried...even after using jojoba oil before the gel. Has anyone else experienced this with the gel and do you have suggestions on others I can find?

Also, prior to this challenge, I was using EcoStyler of course and my hair seems to like it on day one, but it would suck the life out of it by day 2.  Are there any suggested botanical curl milks or creams that we can use.  I hate crunchy hair and that is what gel tends to do to mine.
look
Hi. Welcome. Msdeekay has a list of MHM approved products including gels on her website.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by solomonsydelle solomonsydelle wrote:

Originally posted by CurlyMeema CurlyMeema wrote:

Hello everyone.  I've been doing MHM since July 4, 2014.

I have beautiful curl definition and MHM in the back in some areas but my problem is that when my hair dries it is SUPER DRY!  It looks and feels brittle.  (My hair is color treated, i dyed it on July 11th  (MISTAKE!).

I've tried adding argon oil to the gel, adding jojoba oil to my hair after the leave in but before the gel, I've added either jojoba or olive oil to my hair after to gel but nothing is working.

Any ideas?

I just bought a wig on my lunch with hopes that I  can start the bald spot regimen this weekend.  With it being along weekend I'm hoping to figure everything out.

When my hair has dried crunchy and not soft, I have found that a few changes made a difference.

1) Make sure my conditioner is adequately diluted and not over-diluted (it should produce slip when applied).
2) Make sure that I apply a little bit more water to my hair before steps 4 and 5.
3) Make sure that I squeeze out excess water from my hair after applying gel.
4) Make sure that when I squeeze out the excess liquid, I don't reapply it to other parts of my hair (Yup, I'd love to save those precious drops, after all Kinky Curly products are not cheap, but doing so never works for me *shrug*).
5) Take a second to shake my head without hurting myself once my whole head is done.
6) Oh, and if you don't do this - do steps 4 and 5 at the same time.

Hope one or more of these tips are useful. I got them from watching vids, reading the commentary in the thread and basic trial and error.

Good luck, and please share what, if any, of these or aharris tips work so the rest of us can tweak if necessary. Smile

Wonderful advice Solomonsydelle, thanks for helping CurlyMeema with that. You really listed everything well, I'm going to make note of this page if someone asks this question about troubleshooting the crunch with the leave in and gel step. Curly Meema, I also answered you on Facebook.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 26 2014 at 9:52pm
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by Mgood2go Mgood2go wrote:

Originally posted by carameltresses carameltresses wrote:

Hi everyone,

look
Hi. Welcome. Msdeekay has a list of MHM approved products including gels on her website.
Thx Mgood2go. Here are the links:

http://www.msdeekay.com/4052/maximum-hydration-method-approved-gel-list/

http://maxhydrationmethod.com/2014/08/16/mhm-recommended-product-list/
duckkeisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote duckkeisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 5:42am
Hi everyone,

Hope you guys are enjoying ur journey to max hydration.   For those of you who use flaxseed gel as their botanical gel I just wanted to update you on an aha moment I had with my most recent wash n go.

I usually use Rachelcpr's recipe but I tweaked it a bit as per suggestions I received on earlier posts.

6 cups of water
1/2 cup flaxseeds
2 tbsp marshmallow root (helps w/ hold--gives a 8-10 hold)
1 tsp Irish moss powder (for thickening)
1-2 tbsp aloe vera gel
1 heaping tbsp of kccc
4 drops lemon essential oil
1 tbsp agave nectar

I know it sounds like a lot of water but after it comes to a boil I let it simmer for approx 20-30 mins so I can get a much thicker consistency. Once done I strain it immediately and add the rest of the ingredients, mixing with a whisk to make sure everything is incorporated.

I've done the complete regimen 6 times (q 3 days) & this has been my best wash n go yet. By adding the kccc and aloe vera gel my curls were weighed down more. Plus I eliminated having to add kccc to each section of hair after applying flaxseed gel.

When my hair dried it was super curly and defined, no poofy roots and no crunch.

Anyways sorry for the long post

P.s. since starting the mhm I've contracted a serious case of H-I-H syndrome *hand-in-hair*. My hair is at its most manageable state yet. Thanks pinkecube and msdeekay for all ur hard work! !!♥♥♥
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 10:24am
I took a two week break. I'm not all the way back. Last night I did all the steps but I'm using a watery clay rinse. I'm massaging it in and rinsing it out. I followed with conditioner and then did another mud rinse and let it sit for 3 minutes. It was the first time my hair ever felt soft after the clay.

I put the kknt on full strength and then fingercombed warm water through my strands. Finally seeing some curls.

For now going to stick with the watery clay and let it sit for 5 minutes and see how that works.

I just think I need to boost the moisture first before I try to get definition.

We will see how this works.
CurlyMeema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:15am
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

I took a two week break. I'm not all the way back. Last night I did all the steps but I'm using a watery clay rinse. I'm massaging it in and rinsing it out. I followed with conditioner and then did another mud rinse and let it sit for 3 minutes. It was the first time my hair ever felt soft after the clay.

I put the kknt on full strength and then fingercombed warm water through my strands. Finally seeing some curls.

For now going to stick with the watery clay and let it sit for 5 minutes and see how that works.

Hi Denzkoils, I totally get what you're saying about needing moisture and I believe that's is what the MHM is all about.  I did a lot of experimenting too - I even moved the clay step in front of the conditioning step but in the end, I went back to the method as defined by Ms Pinkecube and Msdkay.  As someone before me said, perseverance does pay off and you'll see the moisture and definition.  Look at your ingredients again and make sure you are mixing them as described.  I had a really bad dryness issue this week and found that I'd forgotten to put the honey in the clay mixture.  This week I also learned that you can't watch the videos too often so go back and watch how the process was done by msdeekay and Pinkecube.

For everyone that gave me advice this week...THANK YOU!  MY HAIR IS THE BOMB TODAY!  I added the honey to my clay mixture last night and I steamed both with the conditioner and again with the clay.  I added a little drop of argon oil to the gel but I applied both the gel and the conditioner on full strength.  So far only the top is dry but it looks amazing, I have shine, definition and no crunch!  Thursday night, I start the bald spot regimen.
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:18am
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Glad you were able to tweak the method to make it work better for you.

Good luck!

LaTonyaR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaTonyaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 11:53am
Hello MHM Family!
I started my journey on August 7th.  I am loving my results thus far.  So, less shedding that I can notice.  I need help though.  I loved, loved, loved wearing my hair in a 2 strand twist out.  I can not seem to master it now.  Can someone please give me some tips? I liked my twist out best when I did it on dry hair (but, I know thats a no...no... now..Lol) I have been wearing the wng but, I really want a nice twistout.  HELP....
LaTonya
carameltresses View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameltresses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 27 2014 at 8:21pm
Last thing for now...Wink Can I use Aloe Vera Gel?  I have a brand new bottle that I've never opened.  Thanks again!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 248249250251252 291>
  Share Topic