Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 291>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by CurlyMeema CurlyMeema wrote:

Hello everyone.  I've been doing MHM since July 4, 2014.

I have beautiful curl definition and MHM in the back in some areas but my problem is that when my hair dries it is SUPER DRY!  It looks and feels brittle.  (My hair is color treated, i dyed it on July 11th  (MISTAKE!).

I've tried adding argon oil to the gel, adding jojoba oil to my hair after the leave in but before the gel, I've added either jojoba or olive oil to my hair after to gel but nothing is working.

Any ideas?

I just bought a wig on my lunch with hopes that I  can start the bald spot regimen this weekend.  With it being along weekend I'm hoping to figure everything out.

When my hair has dried crunchy and not soft, I have found that a few changes made a difference.

1) Make sure my conditioner is adequately diluted and not over-diluted (it should produce slip when applied).
2) Make sure that I apply a little bit more water to my hair before steps 4 and 5.
3) Make sure that I squeeze out excess water from my hair after applying gel.
4) Make sure that when I squeeze out the excess liquid, I don't reapply it to other parts of my hair (Yup, I'd love to save those precious drops, after all Kinky Curly products are not cheap, but doing so never works for me *shrug*).
5) Take a second to shake my head without hurting myself once my whole head is done.
6) Oh, and if you don't do this - do steps 4 and 5 at the same time.

Hope one or more of these tips are useful. I got them from watching vids, reading the commentary in the thread and basic trial and error.

Good luck, and please share what, if any, of these or aharris tips work so the rest of us can tweak if necessary. Smile

Edited by solomonsydelle - Aug 25 2014 at 9:27pm
Sponsored Links

solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 9:27pm
Speaking of aharris, he's the newest MHM feature on Msdeekay's blog -
http://www.msdeekay.com/4184/max-hydration-feature-aaron-harris/

Off to read.
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 10:41pm

Hello everyone.  I've been doing MHM since July 4, 2014.  Like everyone else, it's been trial and error for me.  The first few times I used the ACV rinse for clarifying and when I struggled with very dry hair, switched over to the conditioner and baking soda mixture for clarifying.  I've gone through about 18 full MHD sessions.  I've done the Cherry Lola treatment twice.  I did the 7 day challenge and now I'm doing every other day sessions.  Here's my routine:

1. warm conditioner/baking soda following instructions if 1 tablespoon baking soda (15-20 mins)
2. either tresemme naturals (approved version) or trader joes tea tree tingle sit under the steamer for 30 minutes or more depending on what else is going on.
3. asteck bendonite clay mixed with distilled water, tablespoon olive oil and a few drops of rosemary (sleep with over night)
4.  tea tree tingle or tressemme 4 oz in 8 oz of distilled water over throughout hour, working it through and working it to clumping.
5.  Kinky curly knot today gel pulled/rated through curls (takes me 45 minutes).

I have beautiful curl definition and MHM in the back in some areas but my problem is that when my hair dries it is SUPER DRY!  It looks and feels brittle.  (My hair is color treated, i dyed it on July 11th  (MISTAKE!).

I've tried adding argon oil to the gel, adding jojoba oil to my hair after the leave in but before the gel, I've added either jojoba or olive oil to my hair after to gel but nothing is working.

Any ideas?

I just bought a wig on my lunch with hopes that I  can start the bald spot regimen this weekend.  With it being along weekend I'm hoping to figure everything out.
Hi CurlyMeema
I'm also still experiencing 'dry' feeling hair after my washes and I'm on my 20th full session. My hair is less dry overall since starting. Some changes I made were the following:
1) warm full strength conditioner in microwave for step 2 (no more than 15 sec) and apply immediately to my hair, then sit under hood dryer 10-15  min. I stopped DCing over night as I experienced quite a bit of shedding and frizz with that option.
2) No longer use the tea tree tingle shampoo, found it drying
3) Sleep with clay, saves time and improves the definition
4) Use watered down conditioner with slip in step 4. It makes the hair feel soft at least.
The curl definition has improved and I'm hoping the dry feel of my hair will improve wash after wash...
I hope this might help and please post updates as things change for you.
Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 8:31am
Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

Hello everyone.  I've been doing MHM since July 4, 2014.  Like everyone else, it's been trial and error for me.  The first few times I used the ACV rinse for clarifying and when I struggled with very dry hair, switched over to the conditioner and baking soda mixture for clarifying.  I've gone through about 18 full MHD sessions.  I've done the Cherry Lola treatment twice.  I did the 7 day challenge and now I'm doing every other day sessions.  Here's my routine:

1. warm conditioner/baking soda following instructions if 1 tablespoon baking soda (15-20 mins)
2. either tresemme naturals (approved version) or trader joes tea tree tingle sit under the steamer for 30 minutes or more depending on what else is going on.
3. asteck bendonite clay mixed with distilled water, tablespoon olive oil and a few drops of rosemary (sleep with over night)
4.  tea tree tingle or tressemme 4 oz in 8 oz of distilled water over throughout hour, working it through and working it to clumping.
5.  Kinky curly knot today gel pulled/rated through curls (takes me 45 minutes).

Any ideas?

Hi CurlyMeema
I'm also still experiencing 'dry' feeling hair after my washes and I'm on my 20th full session. My hair is less dry overall since starting. Some changes I made were the following:
1) warm full strength conditioner in microwave for step 2 (no more than 15 sec) and apply immediately to my hair, then sit under hood dryer 10-15  min. I stopped DCing over night as I experienced quite a bit of shedding and frizz with that option.
4) Use watered down conditioner with slip in step 4. It makes the hair feel soft at least.
The curl definition has improved and I'm hoping the dry feel of my hair will improve wash after wash...
Hi Cury Meema:
All of us newbies are feeling your frustration and pain with the "dry" feeling hair in the beginning.  It's like a MHM INITIATION RITUAL, LOL!  I've read through the entire thread and have not read one post of a newbie not experiencing this TEMPORARY condition.  Tweaking the system produces slight changes and each is making progress, however slowly. My routine is very similar to yours.  My hair is defined in the back and sides but my crown is stubborn.  It is soft and movable when wet but feels "dry" and stiff as it dries. I've tweaked the mixtures and process but, like you, I am sticking with the basic method overall.  I'm resigned to TRUST the process, have PATIENCE with my progress, and PERSEVERE with the practice (TPP).  Pinke Cube has done the research, tested the method (on herself) and supports newbies each step of the way. Others have achieved the goal and we will too Clap.  
I started the Bald Spot Regimen last night and also bought a wig.  I might as well work on growth at the same time as working toward max hydration. And I plan to lighten my hair once I achieve MAX HYDRATION.  Pinke Cube made comments on page 243 about hair coloring and MHM.
So.. Let's Keep our eyes on the prize and TRUST, PATIENCE, PERSEVERE.  We are all on this journey together  Handshake. HTH.  
CurlyMeema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 9:45am
Originally posted by Mgood2go Mgood2go wrote:

Any ideas?

Hi CurlyMeema
Hi Cury Meema:
All of us newbies are feeling your frustration and pain with the "dry" feeling hair in the beginning.  It's like a MHM INITIATION RITUAL, LOL!  I've read through the entire thread and have not read one post of a newbie not experiencing this TEMPORARY condition.  Tweaking the system produces slight changes and each is making progress, however slowly. My routine is very similar to yours.  My hair is defined in the back and sides but my crown is stubborn.  It is soft and movable when wet but feels "dry" and stiff as it dries. I've tweaked the mixtures and process but, like you, I am sticking with the basic method overall.  I'm resigned to TRUST the process, have PATIENCE with my progress, and PERSEVERE with the practice (TPP).  Pinke Cube has done the research, tested the method (on herself) and supports newbies each step of the way. Others have achieved the goal and we will too Clap.  
I started the Bald Spot Regimen last night and also bought a wig.  I might as well work on growth at the same time as working toward max hydration. And I plan to lighten my hair once I achieve MAX HYDRATION.  Pinke Cube made comments on page 243 about hair coloring and MHM.
So.. Let's Keep our eyes on the prize and TRUST, PATIENCE, PERSEVERE.  We are all on this journey together  Handshake. HTH.  

Thanks to EVERYONE for your help and I will definitely keep my eyes on the prize (evident in my commitment to do the bald spot regimen for 3 months).  Today was a co-wash and go day for me and I put the conditioner in full strength while in the shower.  I had to squeeze and waterdown the back a bit but left the crown and sides.  Because my crown is thin, it is dry already and feels SO MUCH better then it did yesterday!  Tonight I will add the forgotten honey to my clay mixture and continue with full strength conditioner.  I will keep you all update.  Thanks again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 10:54am
I also used Argon oil between the conditioner and gel.  My office environment makes it kind of rough in that the air conditioning vent is over my desk blowing in freezing cold air.  To keep from freezing, I have a desktop heater blowing heat in my face.  I'm sure neither of these help with hair moisture.
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Mgood2go Mgood2go wrote:

Any ideas?

Hi CurlyMeema
Hi Cury Meema:

Hi
Here is my experience. I have permanent colored treated hair as well.  I originally had a "blonde" permanent color and layered it with semi permanent colors(depending on my mood).  I started the MHM method with the blonde and crimson red semi permanent.  My hair experienced the dryness right after the clay however after styling the hair was good.  I believe my hair was detoxing at that point(after reading MsDeeKay's blog).  2 weeks into my journey I colored my hair a permanent black.  Currently now after the clay rinse, my hair feels wonderful.  I know blonde colors are more drying so that could be one thing but I have done the full regimen now for 4 weeks everyday so as you progress in your journey, it gets better. I have also incorporated using warm water/conditioner for every step as well as steaming during the conditioning and clay stages.  Steaming is great for the hair.  HTH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 12:00pm
Naturally50 I hadn't thought about steaming with the clay.  I'll try that.  Thanks for sharing your experience.  
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:04pm
Soo apparently using products = not accepting your own texture? I swear some naturals...
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 26 2014 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Soo apparently using products = not accepting your own texture? I swear some naturals...

Don't let that ignorance get to you. It's your hair, do whatever you want.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 291>
  Share Topic