Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250 273>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 1:24am
Originally posted by solomonsydelle solomonsydelle wrote:

Originally posted by Mgood2go Mgood2go wrote:

...Is anyone working with MHM on lightened hair. I'm
considering lightening my hair (to cover greys) and am curious to the
effects on the hydration process??   Anyone???  PinkeCube: any thoughts?Thanks.  

Hey Mgood2go! Welcome to the thread!

Msdeekay put up a recent thread about dying hair while MHMing.
http://www.msdeekay.com/4144/dyeing-natural-hair-and-mhm-max-hydration-faq/ -
http://www.msdeekay.com/4144/dyeing-natural-hair-and-mhm-max-hydration-faq/

Good luck!

Thank you, 😊
Sponsored Links

Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 11:28am
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

So I've started the Bald spot regimen today and I want to let you ladies know that adding the cayenne pepper is quite intense. I only used 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper and my scalp was on fire! I can't even imagine adding 2 tbs of cayenne pepper in my acv & clay mix. I can tell that my follicles felt awakening with the pepper but I'm glad I only have to do this every 2 weeks. I'm going to stick with 1/2 tsp for now.

Hi naturaltash1, good for you! Are you adding cayenne to your conditioning also? What oils are you adding? What are your Goals? I,m starting tomorrow and looking for general growth and thickening. I,m using a growth oil mix I've concocted, so we will see. Good luck.
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 12:06pm

Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

So I've started the Bald spot regimen today and I want to let you ladies know that adding the cayenne pepper is quite intense. I only used 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper and my scalp was on fire! I can't even imagine adding 2 tbs of cayenne pepper in my acv & clay mix. I can tell that my follicles felt awakening with the pepper but I'm glad I only have to do this every 2 weeks. I'm going to stick with 1/2 tsp for now.

Hi naturaltash1, good for you! Are you adding cayenne to your conditioning also? What oils are you adding? What are your Goals? I,m starting tomorrow and looking for general growth and thickening. I,m using a growth oil mix I've concocted, so we will see. Good luck.

Hey Mgood2go Big smile! No I do not add the cayenne pepper to the conditioning step. You're only suppose to add it to the acv and clay step. I addded 2 drops of lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, & rosemary to my clay step. I didn't add any oils to the acv or conditioning step. I did apply a small amount of NJoy growth oil to my scalp before applying my target bag. My goal is to regrow my temples, crown, nape, and to overall thicken my hair. Good luck on your journey as well. Hopefully my hydration will increase on this regimen as well. I'll update in about a month.

Edited by Naturaltash1 - Aug 24 2014 at 12:27pm
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 4:18pm

Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Mgood2go, I'm pretty paranoid about causing myself a setback, so I'll hold off on chemical coloring for now.

I'm going to start using my cayenne-oil mix next week as I'll be off from work for a while. I'm considering doing all-day DC/GHE w/my heat cap during this time, too. My thinning crown still feels a bit like straw but definitely getting better. It's strange how different it feels from the rest of my hair. But the tips are finally bending into a loose curl and the rest of the strand is now a bit wavy, so I am very encouraged. MHM requires a lot of patience that is paying off (23 cycles).

Nothidden, this is great.  I'm looking for growth and thickness, especially in the crown and a healthier hairline. As I understand with the MHM bald spot regimen you basically add cayenne pepper to steps 1, 3, in that order.  I think my hair responds better to Baking soda but since Pinke Cube noted that ACV is known for hair growth I will do ACV with 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper for 30 minutes???  I've used cayenne pepper before, 2 tablespoons is going to be intense.  Pinke's advises to rinse out clay mixture in 15-30 minutes. However, with your's and Msdeekay's advice, above, the clay treatment can be overnight, is this right??? What stimulating oils will you add to the clay mixture? I would avoid peppermint since it with the cayenne would be too intense for my tolerance level. Tea tree, grapeseed and jojoba are suggested and sweet almond is a good carrier oil.  The next step is the conditioner, without cayenne pepper,  in GHE for 2-3 weeks, clarify and repeat to regrow a bald spot.  Pinke also suggests some heating treatments and an inversion technique at least once per day.   Do I have the steps right???  Okay, since I do not have a bald spot, I am looking to grow and thicken.  I may clarify and repeat more often, every 7-10 days or so.   Do I have the steps and mixtures right?? and Monday is the start day, right?? We should measure to see to check results.  Good luck. 
Mgood2go, I'll probably start Wednesday PM or Thursday but have no plans to add cayenne to any MHM mixes. Maybe the 2T you read was a typo, but if not I would have decreased that on my own. Just the smell of the cayenne I bought was very, very strong, so I will limit how much i use on my scalp.

I'm making a "cayenne oil" of 2T cayenne and about 7-8oz of a coconut/olive oil mix which has to sit for 10-14 days to infuse. I'll then drain off the infused oil and dilute this a little more w/olive oil. I have no intention of setting my scalp on fire, so I will test the strength by applying a dab to my arm before using on my scalp.

I haven't looked at the bald spot regimen recently, but while on vacation I plan to massage my scalp w/my cayenne oil, inversion method, and mostly DC/GHE AND I'm getting a steamer so I'll have that to promote hydration, too! I have a TWA but will take a pic of my crown before I work on it. I hope whatever route you choose works out for you.
cdncoily View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cdncoily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 24 2014 at 5:24pm
Pinke & MsDeeKay:

Sorry I took a while to reply this time. Have had a lot going on lately so I haven't been able to come on here. Still made sure to wash at least every 2-3 days though, GHE/DCed a lot, and it seems I am indeed bouncing back from having to shampoo out that build-up + oil from the clay step before. (I'm 99% sure that's what it was now-- build-up that was invisible until the oil I was using glued the clay to it. Also my clay mix was too thin.) I had written a response for you a day or two after you each wrote me but then I wanted to make sure I could answer your questions properly. Now I am pretty sure things are alright. I'll be totally sure when my hair dries after doing the full regimen just now, but I think I'm good to go...

Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

YAY where were you able to locate the Tresemme conditioner it? So I can add it to the directory list.

BTW guys the directory list for where to find MHM recommended products internationally will be up on my blog next week.

Thanks for filling up the survey 
My pleasure filling out the survey.

The in-person store I got the Tresemmé at was a major (mostly a grocery but kind of like Wal-mart) store chain in Canada: "Real Canadian Superstore," also known as "Extra Foods" or "Loblaws" or other names depending where you live. I also found two more online retailers that have the cheapest prices I've seen for Kinky Curly products.  I was actually meaning to e-mail them to you again but I'll put links to all three here: :)

Superstore
(most people will already know where they are but here's a locator anyway):
http://www.superstore.ca/LCLOnline/store_locator_landing_page.jsp

Hair Mall <— cheapest prices I've seen for KC products for Canada's online stores!
(also has Curls but not the approved "Curls Ecstasy Hair Tea" specifically)
(free shipping on orders over $75.99)
http://www.hairmall.ca/

Love Thy Hair n Skin <— has KC, Curl Junkie, Jessicurl, possibly others
(free shipping on orders over $100)
http://www.lovethyhns.ca/

Quote Happy to hear you were able to get the clay out of your roots. bohomojo on page 108 also experienced clay getting stuck on her roots. She was using coconut oil in her mixture and the coconut oil and clay was very hard to rinse off. I have a feeling too much oil and clay may have been what caused the issue. cdncoily what were the exact measurements you used and what type of oil did you use?
It was a splash of oil (I didn't measure but maybe around a tablespoon which is probably too much) in a 12 oz/360ml dish detergent bottle with roughly 2 cups of runny clay mixture in it. I definitely needed to make it thicker but it still stuck to my hair probably because of the oil!

I was trying to finish off an old bottle of "Organics Olive & Clove Oil Therapy" (only some ingredients are organic, lol) that I checked the ingredients on and everything except for the oils themselves seemed to be water soluble. Every time I look up the product ingredient list online (I threw the bottle out in disgust days ago & don't have it anymore sorry), it lists propylparaben but that *wasn't* in the list of ingredients on my bottle or I wouldn't have used it. I remember it did have t-butyl-hydroquinone though and nasty as it sounds, that's supposed to be water-soluble as well.

**Now the only standalone oils I have are pure castor (for my skin and not my hair except that one time as a prepoo) and sweet almond oil (which is lighter than olive and my hair has seemed to like it in the past. I also think I saw someone on here saying they used almond oil with their clay regularly. I used sesame oil in a pinch a while back when I still had the gray kaolin— worked fine but didn't smell great in my hair and especially not with clay lol). Since they're lighter oils of about the same consistency, I figured either would work fine. So I tried roughly the right measurements with sweet almond and you know what? Even though I thought everything was rinsed out, I had a similar problem with some gunk in my roots the next day. Nothing huge though. This time it was MUCH easier to wash out. Actually it was kind of funny when I did because I had almost PERFECT definition from clay powder stayling on my hair overnight. That didn't last long though. Luckily the *second* rinse I was able to actually rinse the clay out without needing to grab any shampoo.

I was getting worried about green clay but I decided to be brave and try the mix thicker today, with no oil or anything else in it. You know what? It finally worked like my gray kaolin clay used to work-- not as gritty going on and it rinsed totally clean off every surface in my shower, unlike before. Maybe because green clay is more absorbent than clay, I think I'm better off using it without any oil or honey. Hopefully I've got it all out now. I won't be sure until my roots dry I guess. -_-;

In other news I trimmed my ends yesterday and did the full regimen today and my curls are to at least the level of hydration they were at before my setback, thank goodness. I hope I can still keep definition in my crown (problem area) when it dries. I've been doing applications of moisturizing steps starting at my crown first (and rinsing last) lately and that's helped at least get a curl started there. I'm taking the BS step a *lot* more seriously now, even rolling each section into bantu knots while the BS sits in it. It itched until I got it rinsed completely out but my hair seemed happy at least!

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Thank you DenzKoils for helping out cdncoily with her issues with the clay. cdncoily Sorry about your issues with the clay getting stuck in your hair. It is possible the product build up was the culprit if you didn't have any issues this time around. Another user who had issues washing out the clay ended up finding that the residue from coconut oil (which tends to build up) was stuck on her scalp because she decided to mix that in with the clay in replacement of olive oil. The next time, I don't think you may need to go as far as shampooing. It should be enough to rinse the clay out in small sections starting from the back of your head under running shower water. Kind of like everything we do is in sections from root to tip to make sure our strands are thoroughly coated with product, it helps to rinse out things the same way to assure you are getting all over your head. That is the tricky thing about shrinkage. Sorry about the slight setback from the shampoo. You can try watering down your conditioner less while you DC for the next few washes, DC overnight or steam if you haven't been. It will bounce back.
I think I did have to use shampoo though, because I was literally scraping at the sides of my roots with a fingernail and the whitish coating was still there but just a little would show up on my nail. It was waterproof, sticky, and waxy to the touch. I did several careful rinses and nothing was coming out at all (see above).

Quote If you think your hair felt stripped after the shampoo, and you feel it still hasn't entirely bounced back, you can also do a super quick ACV rinse and just apply it all over your head and rinse out after a couple of minutes. ACV really helps to correct your hair when it gets stripped. What did you do after shampooing, did you make sure to DC afterward? That would help to replace some of the moisture as well.
Thanks for the tip! I did a couple of days of extra-long GHE/DC-ing so I think that helped me bounce back a bit. Hopefully I can keep making progress from here. :')

Edited by cdncoily - Aug 24 2014 at 5:31pm
Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 7:40am

Mgood2go, I'm pretty paranoid about causing myself a setback, so I'll hold off on chemical coloring for now.

I'm going to start using my cayenne-oil mix next week as I'll be off from work for a while. I'm considering doing all-day DC/GHE w/my heat cap during this time, too. My thinning crown still feels a bit like straw but definitely getting better. It's strange how different it feels from the rest of my hair. But the tips are finally bending into a loose curl and the rest of the strand is now a bit wavy, so I am very encouraged. MHM requires a lot of patience that is paying off (23 cycles).

Nothidden, this is great.  I'm looking for growth and thickness, especially in the crown and a healthier hairline. As I understand with the MHM bald spot regimen you basically add cayenne pepper to steps 1, 3, in that order.  I think my hair responds better to Baking soda but since Pinke Cube noted that ACV is known for hair growth I will do ACV with 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper for 30 minutes???  I've used cayenne pepper before, 2 tablespoons is going to be intense.  Pinke's advises to rinse out clay mixture in 15-30 minutes. However, with your's and Msdeekay's advice, above, the clay treatment can be overnight, is this right??? What stimulating oils will you add to the clay mixture? I would avoid peppermint since it with the cayenne would be too intense for my tolerance level. Tea tree, grapeseed and jojoba are suggested and sweet almond is a good carrier oil.  The next step is the conditioner, without cayenne pepper,  in GHE for 2-3 weeks, clarify and repeat to regrow a bald spot.  Pinke also suggests some heating treatments and an inversion technique at least once per day.   Do I have the steps right???  Okay, since I do not have a bald spot, I am looking to grow and thicken.  I may clarify and repeat more often, every 7-10 days or so.   Do I have the steps and mixtures right?? and Monday is the start day, right?? We should measure to see to check results.  Good luck. 
Mgood2go, I'll probably start Wednesday PM or Thursday but have no plans to add cayenne to any MHM mixes. Maybe the 2T you read was a typo, but if not I would have decreased that on my own. Just the smell of the cayenne I bought was very, very strong, so I will limit how much i use on my scalp.

I'm making a "cayenne oil" of 2T cayenne and about 7-8oz of a coconut/olive oil mix which has to sit for 10-14 days to infuse. I'll then drain off the infused oil and dilute this a little more w/olive oil. I have no intention of setting my scalp on fire, so I will test the strength by applying a dab to my arm before using on my scalp.

I haven't looked at the bald spot regimen recently, but while on vacation I plan to massage my scalp w/my cayenne oil, inversion method, and mostly DC/GHE AND I'm getting a steamer so I'll have that to promote hydration, too! I have a TWA but will take a pic of my crown before I work on it. I hope whatever route you choose works out for you.

Good luck.
CurlyMeema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 4:00pm
Hello everyone.  I've been doing MHM since July 4, 2014.  Like everyone else, it's been trial and error for me.  The first few times I used the ACV rinse for clarifying and when I struggled with very dry hair, switched over to the conditioner and baking soda mixture for clarifying.  I've gone through about 18 full MHD sessions.  I've done the Cherry Lola treatment twice.  I did the 7 day challenge and now I'm doing every other day sessions.  Here's my routine:

1. warm conditioner/baking soda following instructions if 1 tablespoon baking soda (15-20 mins)
2. either tresemme naturals (approved version) or trader joes tea tree tingle sit under the steamer for 30 minutes or more depending on what else is going on.
3. asteck bendonite clay mixed with distilled water, tablespoon olive oil and a few drops of rosemary (sleep with over night)
4.  tea tree tingle or tressemme 4 oz in 8 oz of distilled water over throughout hour, working it through and working it to clumping.
5.  Kinky curly knot today gel pulled/rated through curls (takes me 45 minutes).

I have beautiful curl definition and MHM in the back in some areas but my problem is that when my hair dries it is SUPER DRY!  It looks and feels brittle.  (My hair is color treated, i dyed it on July 11th  (MISTAKE!).

I've tried adding argon oil to the gel, adding jojoba oil to my hair after the leave in but before the gel, I've added either jojoba or olive oil to my hair after to gel but nothing is working.

Any ideas?

I just bought a wig on my lunch with hopes that I  can start the bald spot regimen this weekend.  With it being along weekend I'm hoping to figure everything out.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 4:01pm
Oh yeah, I even switched and steps 2 and 3 around a few times thinking the clay was drying my hair out.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by CurlyMeema CurlyMeema wrote:

Hello everyone.  I've been doing MHM since July 4, 2014.  Like everyone else, it's been trial and error for me.  The first few times I used the ACV rinse for clarifying and when I struggled with very dry hair, switched over to the conditioner and baking soda mixture for clarifying.  I've gone through about 18 full MHD sessions.  I've done the Cherry Lola treatment twice.  I did the 7 day challenge and now I'm doing every other day sessions.  Here's my routine:

1. warm conditioner/baking soda following instructions if 1 tablespoon baking soda (15-20 mins)
2. either tresemme naturals (approved version) or trader joes tea tree tingle sit under the steamer for 30 minutes or more depending on what else is going on.
3. asteck bendonite clay mixed with distilled water, tablespoon olive oil and a few drops of rosemary (sleep with over night)
4.  tea tree tingle or tressemme 4 oz in 8 oz of distilled water over throughout hour, working it through and working it to clumping.
5.  Kinky curly knot today gel pulled/rated through curls (takes me 45 minutes).

I have beautiful curl definition and MHM in the back in some areas but my problem is that when my hair dries it is SUPER DRY!  It looks and feels brittle.  (My hair is color treated, i dyed it on July 11th  (MISTAKE!).

I've tried adding argon oil to the gel, adding jojoba oil to my hair after the leave in but before the gel, I've added either jojoba or olive oil to my hair after to gel but nothing is working.

Any ideas?

I just bought a wig on my lunch with hopes that I  can start the bald spot regimen this weekend.  With it being along weekend I'm hoping to figure everything out.

Are you not putting honey in your clay mask? You should add a tbsp of honey for more softness

Also try doing step 4 with regular undiluted conditioner and squeeze out any excess conditioner so your hair doesn't have white stuff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 25 2014 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Originally posted by CurlyMeema CurlyMeema wrote:

Any ideas?

Are you not putting honey in your clay mask? You should add a tbsp of honey for more softness

Also try doing step 4 with regular undiluted conditioner and squeeze out any excess conditioner so your hair doesn't have white stuff

Thanks Aharri23.  I did forget honey last night! Oh snaps!  But it was in the other clay mixes.  I will correct that tomorrow night and try full strength conditioner for the leave in.  Thanks again.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 246247248249250 273>