Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 278>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CurlyMeema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 10:40am
Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Originally posted by Afro Angel Afro Angel wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Afro Angel aka Mary Ibe on Youtube posted a testimony video on MHM! her hair has made a lot of progress! ClapBig smileClap Her progress pictures are toward the end of the video.

yea,ít`s an amazing experience seeing the way my hair is transforming i never believed the method could actually work for me because of my hair texure(dry,coarse and low porosity) I have a very thick hair and i used to carry relaxer for up to 2hrs to be able to get the so called wellrelaxed hair.i hope it keeps getting better & better from here
Congratz, Afro Angel! Your transformation is amazing!!! The clay step is no joke! Thanks for sharing your progress.

Thanks so much for this post!  I can see my hair through her transformation!  It additional motivation to keep on keeping on with MHM! I love it.
Sponsored Links

Afro Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Afro Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by CurlyMeema CurlyMeema wrote:

Originally posted by Afro Angel Afro Angel wrote:

Afro Angel aka Mary Ibe on Youtube posted a testimony video on MHM! her hair has made a lot of progress! ClapBig smileClap Her progress pictures are toward the end of the video.

yea,ít`s an amazing experience seeing the way my hair is transforming i never believed the method could actually work for me because of my hair texure(dry,coarse and low porosity) I have a very thick hair and i used to carry relaxer for up to 2hrs to be able to get the so called wellrelaxed hair.i hope it keeps getting better & better from here
Congratz, Afro Angel! Your transformation is amazing!!! The clay step is no joke! Thanks for sharing your progress.

Thanks so much for this post!  I can see my hair through her transformation!  It additional motivation to keep on keeping on with MHM! I love it.
Thanks @nothidden & CurlyMeema. yes its takes  patience and consistency to achieve this goal.not all hair textures are the same.some see changes in few weeks while others will wait for months.this video is the summary of  my two months into the regimen. the secret is KEEP MOVING.Every single step completed counts.I `ll try to update my progress as soon as possibleBig smile
Myfaithrising View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Myfaithrising Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2014 at 5:11pm
The MHM is picking up on LHCF which is a pretty active forum. I just posted a couple of before and after picks to show my progress. I'm so glad that people are having success, it really is a game changer for us type 4 curlies!!! Thanks to everyone on the board for helping out with questions and comments and of course a special to PinkeCube for doing the research and bringing it to us.
Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by naturally50 naturally50 wrote:

Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Originally posted by Mgood2go Mgood2go wrote:

Is anyone working with MHM on lightened hair. I'm considering lightening my hair (to cover greys) and am curious to the effects on the hydration process??   Anyone???  PinkeCube: any thoughts? Thanks.
Thanks for the love, Mgood2go! Glad to have you starting this journey. There are people doing this regimen on already colored hair. But coloring afterward, I think there are some people on instagram. Coloring does have an effect and you may notice a slight setback in moisture levels. I don't think it is something to get stressed about, because you will bounce back that is just the nature of certain types of coloring, it is drying. But if you want color, don't let that stop you. Just be aware that is will have an effect, but it is also something I believe can work out fine as long as you don't overdo it. And do not get color thinking it is going to lift you cuticles and enhance your effect, it is not reliably going to do that, and can give you a set back as well.
Mgood2go, I think about coloring my hair daily, but I am afraid of a set back. Pinke, what would you recommend for those of us on the regimen wanting to color? I think this came up recently, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think I read something about coloring right after a Cherry Lola Caramel treatment. I was also thinking deep conditioning right before and right after would help get the hydration level back. Pinke, do you think some dyes are better than others or, as a product, all dyes zap your hydration levels?

I know you asked Pinkecube but since I color my hair I figured I would offer an opinion. I would recommend getting to max hydration first before coloring your hair if you don't currently color your hair. That way you know exactly what your hair should feel like and how it should act. Otherwise if your hair has problems you won't know whether to contribute it to the color or your regimen.

Semi is the least damaging and washes out over time. Demi and then permanent can be more damaging. They both contain peroxide. Avoid any color with ammonia.

Color can damage the hair cuticles which is why it impacts moisture levels. The cuticles can end up with holes in them limiting its ability to hold onto moisture.

Hi , in reference to color.  I have colored my hair with permanent color multiple times really bacause I'm not afraid of color.(since I started my natural journey)  I love it.    When I started the MHM I had blonde color in my hair(but my hair wasn't blonde cause I didn't strip it.) 2 weeks later I colored it black.  I believe the MHM is a benefit with the color.  My hair is becoming hydrated and I don't need any moisturizes, etc to combat dryness. My preference for color is Creme of Nature with Argan Oil.  Feel free to follow me on Instagram(Naturally50).  Im actually curious about henna though so I may try that next, probably in about 1 month or so.

Thanks naturally50, I'm working toward more hydration before coloring but its good to know that MHM benefits color.  I feel better about the color decision now.  Thanks again
Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 2:53pm

Originally posted by Mgood2go Mgood2go wrote:

Pinkecube, thank you for your quick response. You are a wealth of information. I am so grateful for you. I intend to lighten my hair to a light brown with highlights. I was referred to a professional colorist used by a friend with good results. I can get more information on the products and process for your review and suggestions. Right now I have good results. My curls are about 1 inch from my roots and are tighter in my back and sides. The crown is also improving.
Nothidden: thank you for your advice and questions. I will take your advice and achieve more hydration before lightening. I plan to do the bald spot regime over the winter (I don't have bald spots but want to reverse thinning and thicken hair especially in the crown). I'll have more hydration by that time. You have some great questions on integrating coloring into the MHM regimen. I'm very interested in Pinkecube's response. Thanks again.
Mgood2go, I'm pretty paranoid about causing myself a setback, so I'll hold off on chemical coloring for now.

I'm going to start using my cayenne-oil mix next week as I'll be off from work for a while. I'm considering doing all-day DC/GHE w/my heat cap during this time, too. My thinning crown still feels a bit like straw but definitely getting better. It's strange how different it feels from the rest of my hair. But the tips are finally bending into a loose curl and the rest of the strand is now a bit wavy, so I am very encouraged. MHM requires a lot of patience that is paying off (23 cycles).

Oh, one thing I did notice, which I chatted w/msdeekay about, was that after doing the clay step overnight for a few days, my hair seemed thicker. Getting thru steps 4/5 became more of a challenge all of the sudden, and the overnight clay was the only thing I changed. MsDeekay said she just thought it was the MHM in general making her hair feel thicker, not contributing the change to leaving the clay on overnight. Not sure if others have had this experience.

Nothidden, this is great.  I'm looking for growth and thickness, especially in the crown and a healthier hairline. As I understand with the MHM bald spot regimen you basically add cayenne pepper to steps 1, 3, in that order.  I think my hair responds better to Baking soda but since Pinke Cube noted that ACV is known for hair growth I will do ACV with 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper for 30 minutes???  I've used cayenne pepper before, 2 tablespoons is going to be intense.  Pinke's advises to rinse out clay mixture in 15-30 minutes. However, with your's and Msdeekay's advice, above, the clay treatment can be overnight, is this right??? What stimulating oils will you add to the clay mixture? I would avoid peppermint since it with the cayenne would be too intense for my tolerance level. Tea tree, grapeseed and jojoba are suggested and sweet almond is a good carrier oil.  The next step is the conditioner, without cayenne pepper,  in GHE for 2-3 weeks, clarify and repeat to regrow a bald spot.  Pinke also suggests some heating treatments and an inversion technique at least once per day.   Do I have the steps right???  Okay, since I do not have a bald spot, I am looking to grow and thicken.  I may clarify and repeat more often, every 7-10 days or so.   Do I have the steps and mixtures right?? and Monday is the start day, right?? We should measure to see to check results.  Good luck. 
cprealtor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote cprealtor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 3:19pm
That really helps. Thank you Pinkecube and MsDeeKay. I'm on day 14 (tonight) and my hair continues to improve. Some strands are starting to show hydration, but it's a slow process and I am encouraged by you ladies and all of the posts on this forum. Hydration Elation!!!
Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 3:32pm

Max Hydration Method DUPE VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNRoYZDKWFc - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNRoYZDKWFc

this youtuber, https://www.youtube.com/user/markquisha/featured - https://www.youtube.com/user/markquisha/featured

is the stylist in the video.

She has taken techniques from MHM and is acting like they are her own. She is basically repeating information on the forum, yet no credit was given. this is really promblematic and how these bigger youtubers take advantage of small people and try to steal ideas with out given any credit. then they get popular from it and all the hard work done by the one who actually did it sees no eyes. It has happened before.

If you guys can, please comment on this video and let these people know that all the information the stylist was talking about in the video she has taken from the max hydration method, and gave no credit. tell them to look up Max hydration method on youtube, instagram, pintrest, google, facebook, the naturalhavenbloom, black hair media forum and let people know that they should come to us, support the people who actually came up with the idea. a link to a youtuber doing the method would be helpful. Don't be angry but let ppl know in a way they will want to check MHM out. Thanks guys if you do this, i will really , really appreciate this.
So, I've been reading through this forum and just came across this post.  I'm not surprised but pissed that this is happening.  So... I went to YT, viewed the video and commented:
"CharyJay, and 4C Ladies, You too can have beautiful, healthy, natural curls.  Visit THE MAXIMUM HYDRATION METHOD FORUM for a system developed by PINKECUBE.  Learn how to achieve healthy hydrated 4C curly hair naturally with non-toxic products for yourself where ever you are.  MsDeeKay has a YT channel that also explains the MHM system step by step.  I'm on the system for 2 weeks and am on my way to amazing healthy natural curls. Soo do it right and go to the source, MHM by PINKECUBE."
PinkeCube, please get your copyright/patent, ebook.  You deserved credit for developing this system.  It pisses me off that others are taking advantage of all your hard work.  
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 3:46pm
So I've started the Bald spot regimen today and I want to let you ladies know that adding the cayenne pepper is quite intense. I only used 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper and my scalp was on fire! I can't even imagine adding 2 tbs of cayenne pepper in my acv & clay mix. I can tell that my follicles felt awakening with the pepper but I'm glad I only have to do this every 2 weeks. I'm going to stick with 1/2 tsp for now.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 7:42pm
I did the full regimen today (with showercaps for step 1 and 2) Also applied the baking soda mix on dry hair similar to how I apply the cherry lola. I deep conditioned under a dryer for step 2. Got my best wash and go in a while. I literally haven't DC'ed under a dryer/steamer in 3 weeks so it may have been my hair needed to be DC'ed or maybe the fact that I used a shower cap for step one. Anyways I'm gonna commit to doing the full routine without any modifications once on the weekend when I have time and then do a regular wash and go with the baking soda/conditioner as a pre-poo throughout the week because I don't have time to do all the steps
Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2014 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

So I've started the Bald spot regimen today and I want to let you ladies know that adding the cayenne pepper is quite intense. I only used 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper and my scalp was on fire! I can't even imagine adding 2 tbs of cayenne pepper in my acv & clay mix. I can tell that my follicles felt awakening with the pepper but I'm glad I only have to do this every 2 weeks. I'm going to stick with 1/2 tsp for now.
I don't think 2 tbs can be right. It could cause some serious irritation. I think we need some guidance from Pinke and/or Msdeekay.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 245246247248249 278>