Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
gigglemey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gigglemey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 6:03pm
the approved Tresemme Naturals is on sale for 3.99 at Stater Bros!!
Sponsored Links

Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by Mgood2go Mgood2go wrote:

Hi guys, I'm going to do the cayenne treatments for my thinning hair. I may alternate with wigs and scarfs for a period and rest and restart alternatively for the three months. I've read that cayenne pepper is an effective hair growth stimulant. Over the winter is a good time to do this. Also, to quiet the rustling of the plastic cap put a wig cap or a tight scarf on your head over the plastic. This helps me quiet the rustling. Good luck.

We will both be on the bald spot journey together and I hope your hair grows back. I also hope you get to max hydration quicker. Please update us after a month. I'll update my progress as well with this regimen once I start. I'm planning on starting in September. FYI, I also tuck my satin wig cap under the elastic part of the plastic cap so that it doesn't irritate my hairline so you might want to try that once you start.
Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 6:14pm
Pinkecube, thank you for your quick response. You are a wealth of information. I am so grateful for you. I intend to lighten my hair to a light brown with highlights. I was referred to a professional colorist used by a friend with good results. I can get more information on the products and process for your review and suggestions. Right now I have good results. My curls are about 1 inch from my roots and are tighter in my back and sides. The crown is also improving.
Nothidden: thank you for your advice and questions. I will take your advice and achieve more hydration before lightening. I plan to do the bald spot regime over the winter (I don't have bald spots but want to reverse thinning and thicken hair especially in the crown). I'll have more hydration by that time. You have some great questions on integrating coloring into the MHM regimen. I'm very interested in Pinkecube's response. Thanks again.
sdnaught View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sdnaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 6:19pm
I have read that low porosity individuals should not apply product on soaking hair as well.  But personal experience doing the MHM has shown me that my hair responds best to soaking hair.  Otherwise, I get frizz.
Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 6:23pm
Naturaltash1: Thanks, that's a good idea. Let's start this together to compare notes and give encouragement. I also use a small plastic grocery bags to protect my edges.

Edited by Mgood2go - Aug 20 2014 at 6:25pm
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 8:37pm
Also one more question pinke, I normally rinse my hair in the shower with warm water then apply my BS/condish mixture, should I be applying it on dry hair? or does it matter?
naturally50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturally50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 8:06am
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Is anyone working with MHM on lightened hair. I'm considering lightening my hair (to cover greys) and am curious to the effects on the hydration process??   Anyone???  PinkeCube: any thoughts? Thanks.
Thanks for the love, Mgood2go! Glad to have you starting this journey. There are people doing this regimen on already colored hair. But coloring afterward, I think there are some people on instagram. Coloring does have an effect and you may notice a slight setback in moisture levels. I don't think it is something to get stressed about, because you will bounce back that is just the nature of certain types of coloring, it is drying. But if you want color, don't let that stop you. Just be aware that is will have an effect, but it is also something I believe can work out fine as long as you don't overdo it. And do not get color thinking it is going to lift you cuticles and enhance your effect, it is not reliably going to do that, and can give you a set back as well.
Mgood2go, I think about coloring my hair daily, but I am afraid of a set back. Pinke, what would you recommend for those of us on the regimen wanting to color? I think this came up recently, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think I read something about coloring right after a Cherry Lola Caramel treatment. I was also thinking deep conditioning right before and right after would help get the hydration level back. Pinke, do you think some dyes are better than others or, as a product, all dyes zap your hydration levels?

I know you asked Pinkecube but since I color my hair I figured I would offer an opinion. I would recommend getting to max hydration first before coloring your hair if you don't currently color your hair. That way you know exactly what your hair should feel like and how it should act. Otherwise if your hair has problems you won't know whether to contribute it to the color or your regimen.

Semi is the least damaging and washes out over time. Demi and then permanent can be more damaging. They both contain peroxide. Avoid any color with ammonia.

Color can damage the hair cuticles which is why it impacts moisture levels. The cuticles can end up with holes in them limiting its ability to hold onto moisture.

Hi , in reference to color.  I have colored my hair with permanent color multiple times really bacause I'm not afraid of color.(since I started my natural journey)  I love it.    When I started the MHM I had blonde color in my hair(but my hair wasn't blonde cause I didn't strip it.) 2 weeks later I colored it black.  I believe the MHM is a benefit with the color.  My hair is becoming hydrated and I don't need any moisturizes, etc to combat dryness. My preference for color is Creme of Nature with Argan Oil.  Feel free to follow me on Instagram(Naturally50).  Im actually curious about henna though so I may try that next, probably in about 1 month or so.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 8:35am

Pinkecube, thank you for your quick response. You are a wealth of information. I am so grateful for you. I intend to lighten my hair to a light brown with highlights. I was referred to a professional colorist used by a friend with good results. I can get more information on the products and process for your review and suggestions. Right now I have good results. My curls are about 1 inch from my roots and are tighter in my back and sides. The crown is also improving.
Nothidden: thank you for your advice and questions. I will take your advice and achieve more hydration before lightening. I plan to do the bald spot regime over the winter (I don't have bald spots but want to reverse thinning and thicken hair especially in the crown). I'll have more hydration by that time. You have some great questions on integrating coloring into the MHM regimen. I'm very interested in Pinkecube's response. Thanks again.
Mgood2go, I'm pretty paranoid about causing myself a setback, so I'll hold off on chemical coloring for now.

I'm going to start using my cayenne-oil mix next week as I'll be off from work for a while. I'm considering doing all-day DC/GHE w/my heat cap during this time, too. My thinning crown still feels a bit like straw but definitely getting better. It's strange how different it feels from the rest of my hair. But the tips are finally bending into a loose curl and the rest of the strand is now a bit wavy, so I am very encouraged. MHM requires a lot of patience that is paying off (23 cycles).

Oh, one thing I did notice, which I chatted w/msdeekay about, was that after doing the clay step overnight for a few days, my hair seemed thicker. Getting thru steps 4/5 became more of a challenge all of the sudden, and the overnight clay was the only thing I changed. MsDeekay said she just thought it was the MHM in general making her hair feel thicker, not contributing the change to leaving the clay on overnight. Not sure if others have had this experience.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Afro Angel Afro Angel wrote:

Afro Angel aka Mary Ibe on Youtube posted a testimony video on MHM! her hair has made a lot of progress! ClapBig smileClap Her progress pictures are toward the end of the video.

yea,ít`s an amazing experience seeing the way my hair is transforming i never believed the method could actually work for me because of my hair texure(dry,coarse and low porosity) I have a very thick hair and i used to carry relaxer for up to 2hrs to be able to get the so called wellrelaxed hair.i hope it keeps getting better & better from here
Congratz, Afro Angel! Your transformation is amazing!!! The clay step is no joke! Thanks for sharing your progress.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 9:34am

Originally posted by juan_mos juan_mos wrote:

TEST POST.... been trying to post update pics for the last 35 min. Just trying to see if I can post ANYTHING at this point. SO FRUSTRATING...
juan_mos, you have to upload the pictures on a separate site first, then copy it from there and paste in the reply box. If you are doing it from your tablet, you'll have to copy image location, and paste the link in the url box of the image uploader. If you keep getting access denied, you want to have copied everything in the box onto your clipboard and just be prepared if it does that. Then you can log out, close the window, clear cookies and cache and the access denied will go away. It's frustrating, i know.Ouch
Think I'll stick to posting on Instagram. Much easier. I hope this worked out for you juan_mos.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 288>
  Share Topic