Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 291>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 11:09am
Originally posted by lovemycoils03 lovemycoils03 wrote:

Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

"curl is when the hair bends and changes direction as it grows. A kink on the other hand is a torsion twist where the hair strand itself twists on it’s axis. A picture is worth a thousand words so here’s a clearer 2d image of what a kink is compared to a curl and how they come together to form kinky curly hair. "

Read:
http://www.blackhairinformation.com/growth/hair-growth/hair-under-the-microscope-curly-vs-kinky-point-of-weakness/

If you only had kink, there would be no shrinkage. and Kink is caused by dehydration. This is why dry hair causes breakage, and why many 4c naturals with fine hair strands and low density especially, have trouble retaining length.

AWESOME pictorial Pinke! Thanks for posting.
thanks for pushing this forward again, nothidden! glad you liked it!
No, thank you. I hear 'kinky curly' all the time. Thanks to your post, I actually understand what it means now. Whether you come up w/this stuff thru your own research or present/piece together insight from others, you are really good at breaking down kinky-curly hair in an easy to understand way. This line of yours is still my favorite and what sold me on your method: "trust me, it seems like these women have some special hair type, but that is not the case."
Yes, thanks for posting Nothidden. It really helps to be well informed ourselves when explaining it to others. The visual was wonderful Pinke. 
BTW Nothidden, your results pics on the MHM FB page are gorgeous. Those coils are present! I see pics from a few familiar names, yay! I'm glad everyone is going strong. I now have four friends trying out the regimen also based on seeing the pictures. 
Aww thanks, lovemycoils03! I'm not one for selfies, but I started out w/a good old fashioned afro before I started hydrating my hair, then taking on MHM. It's important that "those w/fro's" know there ARE curls lurking in there. I always knew from examining shed hair, just needed a regimen to make them shine.

It is AWESOME our testimonials are inspiring others!

Edited by nothidden - Aug 20 2014 at 11:17am
Sponsored Links

lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 11:10am
Hi everyone, 
I traveled for 5 days and wasn't able to do the whole regimen due to time and space. I opted to cowash per Aharri's suggestion. I used the tresemme conditioner I got from drugstore.com, heated it to deep condition, and applied it watered down with warm water for leave in, KKCC for styling. Results: the coils clumped still on day 1 and 2 but there was more frizz day 2 and three. I still got compliments and convinced someone to try MHM. I'm happy to get back to my BS rinses and clay as there is noticeable product build up from the conditioner and gel alone.  
Has anyone else had to just cowash?
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 11:14am
Originally posted by MrsEllis MrsEllis wrote:

Hello again, my sisters and brothers. 

Just wanted to pass this on to anyone who buys the KKKT, KKCC, and Tresemme Naturals condish from Walgreens.  Today only, there is 20% off coupon in-store and coupon code online for any Walgreens purchase.  It's time for me to purchase again, so this comes at the right time and will be a savings of $6.00.

Here is the link:  http://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/friendsandfamily.jsp?stop_mobi=yes&ec=hncx56351_ENGLISH_printcoupon&ep_rid=ACLLmV&ep_mid=_BT8$$OB873M8RM

Happy Hydrating, Everyone!  :)
Thanks for posting, MrsEllis. Maybe this is my opportunity to try the Kinky-Curly line.

Edited by nothidden - Aug 20 2014 at 11:14am
Empowered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empowered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 4:03pm
I am on my 3rd day of the max hydration method however my head has been itching like crazy. I decided to switch from the baking soda to acv to see if that is the problem and rinsing for a longer period of time is needed.

Anyway my first question is how would fit henna for color into the regimen and would it be a setback? Secondly, I have a patch of hair in the front that is bone straight. Originally I thought it was heat damage so I cut it off with no heat for over a year. Now it is back with a vengeance...lol! After application #2 I noticed it waving up, could my problem be the result of product build up?
Empowered View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Empowered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 4:05pm
I am on my 3rd day of the max hydration method however my head has been itching like crazy. I decided to switch from the baking soda to acv to see if that is the problem and rinsing for a longer period of time is needed.

Anyway my first question is how would fit henna for color into the regimen and would it be a setback? Secondly, I have a patch of hair in the front that is bone straight. Originally I thought it was heat damage so I cut it off with no heat for over a year. Now it is back with a vengeance...lol! After application #2 I noticed it waving up, could my problem be the result of product build up?
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 4:47pm
Sorry if this has been asked, but shouldn't the cowash be used after the clay?

I did the max hydration on my boyfriend and baby. I'm 4a they are 4b. I think me and the baby were already very close to max hydrated because the main difference was just less frizz.

My mans hair had little curls popping, but I can see that he's hardly hydrated at all. He's being really manly about this too so I know it's going to take forever lol.

Overall, I love how our hair turned out. Tomorrow is day 2. I dont have pics. Too lazy.

DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Empowered Empowered wrote:

Hi Empowered. Pinkecube mentioned that henna was Ok but not too often and not when you do CL.

My scalp itched as well initially but eventually went away. You can alternate the acv and bs or use a little less baking soda.

As far as the straight parts my crown is similar. I attribute that to dryness and dehydrated scalp and hair. That may or may not be the case for you.
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

I did the max hydration on my boyfriend and baby. I'm 4a they are 4b. I think me and the baby were already very close to max hydrated because the main difference was just less frizz.

My mans hair had little curls popping, but I can see that he's hardly hydrated at all. He's being really manly about this too so I know it's going to take forever lol.

Overall, I love how our hair turned out. Tomorrow is day 2. I dont have pics. Too lazy.

For the best definition you want the clay to be the last step before the leave in. Others have tried the conditioner after but the Carl's aren't as defined.

If you look on page 242 nothidden reposted pinkecube summary of what each step is doing.
Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 5:28pm
Hi guys, I'm going to do the cayenne treatments for my thinning hair. I may alternate with wigs and scarfs for a period and rest and restart alternatively for the three months. I've read that cayenne pepper is an effective hair growth stimulant. Over the winter is a good time to do this. Also, to quiet the rustling of the plastic cap put a wig cap or a tight scarf on your head over the plastic. This helps me quiet the rustling. Good luck.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

For the best definition you want the clay to be the last step before the leave in. Others have tried the conditioner after but the Carl's aren't as defined.

If you look on page 242 nothidden reposted pinkecube summary of what each step is doing.

Thanks!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 243244245246247 291>