Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 292>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 6:49am
Originally posted by CurlyMeema CurlyMeema wrote:

Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Are there any ladies out there doing the bald spot regimen? I'm planning on starting in September, but I'm just curious to know if I'll be doing this by myself. I have 5 wigs that I'll be using during this regimen and I'll also be wearing scarves and beanies. I'm going to do this during the winter months because I don't want to deal with my hair when it's cold outside. 

sorry I am not doing this regimen, I probably should as I have thinning hairline, but the thought of wearing a plastic cap 24/7 for 2 weeks freaks me...I can't even sleep in a plastic cap overnight the plastic rustling sound keeps me up lol...

I would love to try the bald spot regimen but can't figure out how to integrate it into my life.  I've never felt comfortable wearing wigs.  I'm wondering if I can make it work by gheeing every night but then doing a wash in go the next day.
You don't have to wear wigs, but I'm just choosing to wear them because I like to wear shorter hair. My wigs look natural looking and most people think its my hair. You could also wear scarves or beanies if you don't feel like wearing a wig. I did try wearing the plastic cap under my wig one day last week to test it out and my scalp did fine so I'm going to at least try it for awhile.
Sponsored Links

Naturaltash1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturaltash1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 7:42am
Originally posted by Mgood2go Mgood2go wrote:

Naturaltash1, I am also planning to do the Bald Spot Regimen. I have thinning hair in the crown area and hopefully the cayenne pepper will stimulate follicles for regrowth.  The winter is a good time to do this for me because NY winters can be very cold and I don't want to walk around with a wet head.  I guess it's time for me to invest in a good blow dryer with diffuser.  LOL
I have some thinning around my hairline, crown and the back of my head so I need to make the sacrifice to at least try the bald spot regimen. I'm not sure if I can discipline myself to do it for 3 months but I will at least try especially since I live in Ohio. It'll be cold and snowy until May LOL. I usually protective style during the winter time anyway, but if this helps get some of my hair back then to me it'll be worth it.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 8:06am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

"curl is when the hair bends and changes direction as it grows. A kink on the other hand is a torsion twist where the hair strand itself twists on it’s axis. A picture is worth a thousand words so here’s a clearer 2d image of what a kink is compared to a curl and how they come together to form kinky curly hair. "

Read:
http://www.blackhairinformation.com/growth/hair-growth/hair-under-the-microscope-curly-vs-kinky-point-of-weakness/

If you only had kink, there would be no shrinkage. and Kink is caused by dehydration. This is why dry hair causes breakage, and why many 4c naturals with fine hair strands and low density especially, have trouble retaining length.

AWESOME pictorial Pinke! Thanks for posting.
thanks for pushing this forward again, nothidden! glad you liked it!
No, thank you. I hear 'kinky curly' all the time. Thanks to your post, I actually understand what it means now. Whether you come up w/this stuff thru your own research or present/piece together insight from others, you are really good at breaking down kinky-curly hair in an easy to understand way. This line of yours is still my favorite and what sold me on your method: "trust me, it seems like these women have some special hair type, but that is not the case."
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 8:17am

Is anyone working with MHM on lightened hair. I'm considering lightening my hair (to cover greys) and am curious to the effects on the hydration process??   Anyone???  PinkeCube: any thoughts? Thanks.
Thanks for the love, Mgood2go! Glad to have you starting this journey. There are people doing this regimen on already colored hair. But coloring afterward, I think there are some people on instagram. Coloring does have an effect and you may notice a slight setback in moisture levels. I don't think it is something to get stressed about, because you will bounce back that is just the nature of certain types of coloring, it is drying. But if you want color, don't let that stop you. Just be aware that is will have an effect, but it is also something I believe can work out fine as long as you don't overdo it. And do not get color thinking it is going to lift you cuticles and enhance your effect, it is not reliably going to do that, and can give you a set back as well.
Mgood2go, I think about coloring my hair daily, but I am afraid of a set back. Pinke, what would you recommend for those of us on the regimen wanting to color? I think this came up recently, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think I read something about coloring right after a Cherry Lola Caramel treatment. I was also thinking deep conditioning right before and right after would help get the hydration level back. Pinke, do you think some dyes are better than others or, as a product, all dyes zap your hydration levels?
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 8:44am

Is anyone working with MHM on lightened hair. I'm considering lightening my hair (to cover greys) and am curious to the effects on the hydration process??   Anyone???  PinkeCube: any thoughts? Thanks.
Thanks for the love, Mgood2go! Glad to have you starting this journey. There are people doing this regimen on already colored hair. But coloring afterward, I think there are some people on instagram. Coloring does have an effect and you may notice a slight setback in moisture levels. I don't think it is something to get stressed about, because you will bounce back that is just the nature of certain types of coloring, it is drying. But if you want color, don't let that stop you. Just be aware that is will have an effect, but it is also something I believe can work out fine as long as you don't overdo it. And do not get color thinking it is going to lift you cuticles and enhance your effect, it is not reliably going to do that, and can give you a set back as well.
Mgood2go, I think about coloring my hair daily, but I am afraid of a set back. Pinke, what would you recommend for those of us on the regimen wanting to color? I think this came up recently, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think I read something about coloring right after a Cherry Lola Caramel treatment. I was also thinking deep conditioning right before and right after would help get the hydration level back. Pinke, do you think some dyes are better than others or, as a product, all dyes zap your hydration levels?

I know you asked Pinkecube but since I color my hair I figured I would offer an opinion. I would recommend getting to max hydration first before coloring your hair if you don't currently color your hair. That way you know exactly what your hair should feel like and how it should act. Otherwise if your hair has problems you won't know whether to contribute it to the color or your regimen.

Semi is the least damaging and washes out over time. Demi and then permanent can be more damaging. They both contain peroxide. Avoid any color with ammonia.

Color can damage the hair cuticles which is why it impacts moisture levels. The cuticles can end up with holes in them limiting its ability to hold onto moisture.
crimsoncoil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crimsoncoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:03am
Reporting Day 2 Results: 

Baking Soda Rinse: Hair is super soft.  I'm attributing that to the Cherry Lola and the baking soda rinse.

Cowash: Detangling was a breeze.  I have a few snags but was done in 15 minutes.  Quickest time ever. 

Clay Rinse - Hair is no where near maximum hydration.  Coils are random throughout my hair.  Roots supper frizzy.

LeaveIn/Gel: Decided to do a wash and go anyway though.  Yesterday I did a twistout. My hair is hanging and the shrinkage isn't as bad as I expected. Hopefully it will dry by midday.  Definitely not in love with the look right now.

I won't be able to do the entire process tonight.  I will probably attempt to stretch my hair and some sort of roll tuck and pin.

Overall: This is showing promise.  Especially love the cut in detangling time.  It took me about 4 hours to complete the process.  Will definitely have to cut that time if I hope to maintain.  I'm on the look out for knots/SSKs.  I was beginning to have a lot of them before.

nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:26am
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

I know you asked Pinkecube but since I color my hair I figured I would offer an opinion. I would recommend getting to max hydration first before coloring your hair if you don't currently color your hair. That way you know exactly what your hair should feel like and how it should act. Otherwise if your hair has problems you won't know whether to contribute it to the color or your regimen.

Semi is the least damaging and washes out over time. Demi and then permanent can be more damaging. They both contain peroxide. Avoid any color with ammonia.

Color can damage the hair cuticles which is why it impacts moisture levels. The cuticles can end up with holes in them limiting its ability to hold onto moisture.
Thanks for the feedback DenzKoils. UGH...cuticles w/holes sounds positively delightful...

Hmmm, yesterday @mahogonycurls posted on IG a pic of her curls w/blue ends. She used Shea Moisture eyeshadow in Deysi(?), which looks kinda blue-green. I was actually thinking of using makeup because I really just want my tips colored. Otherwise, I think I would have to hunt down my old hair dresser. She used to be amazing w/hair color.

Edited by nothidden - Aug 20 2014 at 9:26am
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 9:32am

"curl is when the hair bends and changes direction as it grows. A kink on the other hand is a torsion twist where the hair strand itself twists on it’s axis. A picture is worth a thousand words so here’s a clearer 2d image of what a kink is compared to a curl and how they come together to form kinky curly hair. "

Read:
http://www.blackhairinformation.com/growth/hair-growth/hair-under-the-microscope-curly-vs-kinky-point-of-weakness/

If you only had kink, there would be no shrinkage. and Kink is caused by dehydration. This is why dry hair causes breakage, and why many 4c naturals with fine hair strands and low density especially, have trouble retaining length.

AWESOME pictorial Pinke! Thanks for posting.
thanks for pushing this forward again, nothidden! glad you liked it!
No, thank you. I hear 'kinky curly' all the time. Thanks to your post, I actually understand what it means now. Whether you come up w/this stuff thru your own research or present/piece together insight from others, you are really good at breaking down kinky-curly hair in an easy to understand way. This line of yours is still my favorite and what sold me on your method: "trust me, it seems like these women have some special hair type, but that is not the case."
Yes, thanks for posting Nothidden. It really helps to be well informed ourselves when explaining it to others. The visual was wonderful Pinke. 
BTW Nothidden, your results pics on the MHM FB page are gorgeous. Those coils are present! I see pics from a few familiar names, yay! I'm glad everyone is going strong. I now have four friends trying out the regimen also based on seeing the pictures. 
MrsEllis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote MrsEllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 10:09am
Hello again, my sisters and brothers. 

Just wanted to pass this on to anyone who buys the KKKT, KKCC, and Tresemme Naturals condish from Walgreens.  Today only, there is 20% off coupon in-store and coupon code online for any Walgreens purchase.  It's time for me to purchase again, so this comes at the right time and will be a savings of $6.00.

Here is the link:  http://www.walgreens.com/topic/promotion/friendsandfamily.jsp?stop_mobi=yes&ec=hncx56351_ENGLISH_printcoupon&ep_rid=ACLLmV&ep_mid=_BT8$$OB873M8RM

Happy Hydrating, Everyone!  :)
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 10:58am
Originally posted by crimsoncoil crimsoncoil wrote:

Reporting Day 2 Results: 

Baking Soda Rinse: Hair is super soft.  I'm attributing that to the Cherry Lola and the baking soda rinse.

Cowash: Detangling was a breeze.  I have a few snags but was done in 15 minutes.  Quickest time ever. 

Clay Rinse - Hair is no where near maximum hydration.  Coils are random throughout my hair.  Roots supper frizzy.

LeaveIn/Gel: Decided to do a wash and go anyway though.  Yesterday I did a twistout. My hair is hanging and the shrinkage isn't as bad as I expected. Hopefully it will dry by midday.  Definitely not in love with the look right now.

I won't be able to do the entire process tonight.  I will probably attempt to stretch my hair and some sort of roll tuck and pin.

Overall: This is showing promise.  Especially love the cut in detangling time.  It took me about 4 hours to complete the process.  Will definitely have to cut that time if I hope to maintain.  I'm on the look out for knots/SSKs.  I was beginning to have a lot of them before.

Hi Crimsoncoil, glad to hear you're progressing well so far. If I might add here, I had a terrible time with tangles and SSK's doing MHM. I was loosing a lot of hair from snagging and the ends felt so rough from all the SSK's, that I got ready to do a significant cut. THEN, I looked at Dee's video of how she does steps 4 and 5 and figured out that it was my technique. I wasn't applying the conditioner to small enough sections, not watering my conditioner down enough or applying it on the scalp/roots enough. The slip and wetness from the watered down conditioner (1-2 ounces in an empty KKNT bottle, fill with warm/hot water and shake) helped me detangle from the root where most of my tangles start. It took over an hour, but that was the first time my hair became detangled doing MHMBig smileLOLTongue
Prior to that, I was detangling at every stage because the sections kept retangling. Even better, my hair has stayed detangled since!Clap I still have to trim off all the SSK's, but hopefully, this will be the last of them.
If you haven't already, check out Dee's video. Oh, and the frizz will lessen wash after wash for sure! Happy MHMing.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242243244245246 292>
  Share Topic