Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

"curl is when the hair bends and changes direction as it grows. A kink on the other hand is a torsion twist where the hair strand itself twists on it’s axis. A picture is worth a thousand words so here’s a clearer 2d image of what a kink is compared to a curl and how they come together to form kinky curly hair. "

Read:
http://www.blackhairinformation.com/growth/hair-growth/hair-under-the-microscope-curly-vs-kinky-point-of-weakness/

If you only had kink, there would be no shrinkage. and Kink is caused by dehydration. This is why dry hair causes breakage, and why many 4c naturals with fine hair strands and low density especially, have trouble retaining length.

AWESOME pictorial Pinke! Thanks for posting.

Edited by nothidden - Aug 19 2014 at 2:15pm
Sponsored Links

Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 8:40pm
Hi All,

As I previously noted, I wanted to try the Green Tea Curl glaze but hate paying full price for anything lol...   I contacted the company for possible discount codes and they replied back that they were interested in learning more and asked for links to TMHM. I sent them the link to the website along with TMHM email info....hopefully they will follow thru and offer discount codes; yeah!
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

Hi All,

As I previously noted, I wanted to try the Green Tea Curl glaze but hate paying full price for anything lol...   I contacted the company for possible discount codes and they replied back that they were interested in learning more and asked for links to TMHM. I sent them the link to the website along with TMHM email info....hopefully they will follow thru and offer discount codes; yeah!

Good looking out, Crownstar! Hopefully, the company will respond with a promotion for MhMers and others interested in trying their products. Aharri's review on the product put it on the radar for me.

BTW, I am yet to receive the conditioner, but things sometimes take a while to get to this island. *shrug*
Will let you know when it gets here though.
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:09pm
Pinke, I keep seeing people say apply product on damp hair instead of soaking wet for low porosity hair. What is your take on this?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

Pinke, I keep seeing people say apply product on damp hair instead of soaking wet for low porosity hair. What is your take on this?
Do any of these people have max hydration?
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

Hi All,

Woo, That's awesome crownstar, great looking out! thanks!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

"curl is when the hair bends and changes direction as it grows. A kink on the other hand is a torsion twist where the hair strand itself twists on it’s axis. A picture is worth a thousand words so here’s a clearer 2d image of what a kink is compared to a curl and how they come together to form kinky curly hair. "

Read:
http://www.blackhairinformation.com/growth/hair-growth/hair-under-the-microscope-curly-vs-kinky-point-of-weakness/

If you only had kink, there would be no shrinkage. and Kink is caused by dehydration. This is why dry hair causes breakage, and why many 4c naturals with fine hair strands and low density especially, have trouble retaining length.

AWESOME pictorial Pinke! Thanks for posting.
thanks for pushing this forward again, nothidden! glad you liked it!
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by Mgood2go Mgood2go wrote:

Bravo Everyone.  I applaud you all. Hug Thank you Pinke Cube, you are soo knowledgeable and generous.  Thank you MsdeeKay for "sharing your passion".  I have just completed the 7 day startup routine.  The results were impressive.  Folks were asking me whether this was my natural hair or did I twirl each curl individually, lol.  I am twirling these curls okay. Clap   I not very tech savvy so I haven't downloaded pictures.  I've been using the KCKT and KCCC, alternating the BS and ACV rinses.  The bentonite clay does a great job forming my curl clumps.  I split the process, doing steps 1&2 at night, GHE over night and Steps 3, 4 &5 the next morning.  Maybe I'm too heavy handed with the KCKT and KCCC because my hair stays wet all day til the next session. I'm working on that. 
Naturaltash1, I am also planning to do the Bald Spot Regimen. I have thinning hair in the crown area and hopefully the cayenne pepper will stimulate follicles for regrowth.  The winter is a good time to do this for me because NY winters can be very cold and I don't want to walk around with a wet head.  I guess it's time for me to invest in a good blow dryer with diffuser.  LOL
Aharri23: Hope you had a great vacation.  Thanks for the heads up on the Tressemme Naturals conditioner.   Its would be great to find a cheaper approved alternative to the KCKT, especially when I'm squeezing the excess down the drain.   Thumbs Up
Is anyone working with MHM on lightened hair. I'm considering lightening my hair (to cover greys) and am curious to the effects on the hydration process??   Anyone???  PinkeCube: any thoughts?Thanks.  
Thanks for the love, Mgood2go! Glad to have you starting this journey. There are people doing this regimen on already colored hair. But coloring afterward, I think there are some people on instagram. Coloring does have an effect and you may notice a slight setback in moisture levels. I don't think it is something to get stressed about, because you will bounce back that is just the nature of certain types of coloring, it is drying. But if you want color, don't let that stop you. Just be aware that is will have an effect, but it is also something I believe can work out fine as long as you don't overdo it. And do not get color thinking it is going to lift you cuticles and enhance your effect, it is not reliably going to do that, and can give you a set back as well.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

I just wanna take dis time out to thank you pinke and msddee and everyone on dis forum. I can to dis forum frustrated and ready to give up on my natural hair journey. Infact i bought a texturizer watching youtube videos on how to texturize. My hair has changed tremendously and im now loving and enjoying my hair. I hav just one question. My hair is very short so i twist it after applying da geland everythin looks great. Bt da next day when im untwisting it
. This small particles of white stuff coming from ma hair to my cloth.and i amy hair looks dirty with dis whitish stuff. I think it from da gel flaking. So what can i do to help. I already dilute my gel.
Hi afrolistic, Glad you are having good results. Make sure you are applying everything on wet enough hair and you are not watering down your gel too much. other than that you can try layering oil as well and as you twist make sure you are smoothing the strand as you twist so no excess of gel bunches up turns white in an area. Hopefully others who do twists more often can give more advice. But twist or no twist, the flaking would happen if there is something off during the steps 3 and 4, so try to watch some of the videos on those steps to get an idea of applying the gel.
pinkecube View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkecube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Originally posted by crimsoncoil crimsoncoil wrote:

I would like to begin this method with my next wash.

I just don't have the conditioners on the list.  Would Coco Curls conditioner work?  The ingredients are below.

Purified Water (and) Equisetum arvense (Horsetail) Leaf Extract (and)
Salvia officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract (and) Urtica urens (Nettle) Leaf
Extract (and) Rosemarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (and)
Matricaria recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract (and) Lavandula
angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Behentrimonium Methosulfate
(and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Jojoba Oil, Glycine Betaine (Beta vulgaris
(Beet)) Sugar Extract, Cocoa Butter, Castor Oil,Argan Oil,Panthenol,
Propanediol, Gluconolactone (and) Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance Oil.

Do you have everything else you need? Clay? Baking soda or acv depending on which one you are using?

If so use the conditioner you have and work on getting an approved conditioner. I know panthenol is a no no product but it is also low on the list. Not sure about the products after the panthenol.
thanks Denzkoils, yes this looks fine.

Edited by pinkecube - Aug 19 2014 at 11:27pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 241242243244245 288>
  Share Topic