Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 240241242243244 289>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mgood2go View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mgood2go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 7:04pm
Bravo Everyone.  I applaud you all. Hug Thank you Pinke Cube, you are soo knowledgeable and generous.  Thank you MsdeeKay for "sharing your passion".  I have just completed the 7 day startup routine.  The results were impressive.  Folks were asking me whether this was my natural hair or did I twirl each curl individually, lol.  I am twirling these curls okay. Clap   I not very tech savvy so I haven't downloaded pictures.  I've been using the KCKT and KCCC, alternating the BS and ACV rinses.  The bentonite clay does a great job forming my curl clumps.  I split the process, doing steps 1&2 at night, GHE over night and Steps 3, 4 &5 the next morning.  Maybe I'm too heavy handed with the KCKT and KCCC because my hair stays wet all day til the next session. I'm working on that. 
Naturaltash1, I am also planning to do the Bald Spot Regimen. I have thinning hair in the crown area and hopefully the cayenne pepper will stimulate follicles for regrowth.  The winter is a good time to do this for me because NY winters can be very cold and I don't want to walk around with a wet head.  I guess it's time for me to invest in a good blow dryer with diffuser.  LOL
Aharri23: Hope you had a great vacation.  Thanks for the heads up on the Tressemme Naturals conditioner.   Its would be great to find a cheaper approved alternative to the KCKT, especially when I'm squeezing the excess down the drain.   Thumbs Up
Is anyone working with MHM on lightened hair. I'm considering lightening my hair (to cover greys) and am curious to the effects on the hydration process??   Anyone???  PinkeCube: any thoughts?Thanks.  
Sponsored Links

leatha2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leatha2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 7:41pm
Hi guys there is an article on black girl long hair about the mhm method. If you don't know already go check it out I think I copied this link to it correctly if not im sorry.

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2014/08/the-max-hydration-method-is-it-for-you/?utm_source=Black+Girl+with+Long+Hair+Newsletter&utm_campaign=57098ae25a-6+Best+Styles+for+Hiding+Multiple&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a5d7930a1c-57098ae25a-302890789

this looks very long to be a link so i don't know lol
solomonsydelle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solomonsydelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2014 at 9:25pm
Originally posted by Mgood2go Mgood2go wrote:

...Is anyone working with MHM on lightened hair. I'm considering lightening my hair (to cover greys) and am curious to the effects on the hydration process??   Anyone???  PinkeCube: any thoughts?Thanks.  

Hey Mgood2go! Welcome to the thread!

Msdeekay put up a recent thread about dying hair while MHMing.

http://www.msdeekay.com/4144/dyeing-natural-hair-and-mhm-max-hydration-faq/

Good luck!
gigglemey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gigglemey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 3:25am
@DenzKoils, thankyou I went ahead and started tonight after reading these responses.

@solomonsydelle, Thankyou as well for responding I will wait on protein. I skipped shampoo for now. Yes I have the approved products =) I ended up doing step one and two which my hair responded nicely too so im leaving the dc in all night. I really just wanted to see how it worked and so far I love it. I can't tell if my hair has build up since i didnt shampoo but it feels clean. 

@crownstar, thankyou ^^ I still wasn't sure if I should have shampooed after reading everything but im not heavy handed with product so I am hoping it can be gently removed or if I need to use a stronger strength of the baking soda to strip the hair. I really dont wanna dry it any more. It is so dry shampoo kills it, if I do need to shampoo I will but I feel better building up moisture until Pinkecube or missdeekay reply (sorry if i misspelled) in hopes my hair will bounce back better I guess.

Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 7:50am
Originally posted by leatha2000 leatha2000 wrote:

Hi guys there is an article on black girl long hair about the mhm method. If you don't know already go check it out I think I copied this link to it correctly if not im sorry.

http://blackgirllonghair.com/2014/08/the-max-hydration-method-is-it-for-you/?utm_source=Black+Girl+with+Long+Hair+Newsletter&utm_campaign=57098ae25a-6+Best+Styles+for+Hiding+Multiple&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_a5d7930a1c-57098ae25a-302890789

this looks very long to be a link so i don't know lol

Good morning, are you referring to the article by The Natural Haven published 8/18:
a-scientific-analysis-of-the-max-hydration-method-for-type-4-hair
http://blackgirllonghair.com/author/the-natural-haven/
I'm confused it its on blackgirllong hair but written by the natural haven?

CurlyMeema View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CurlyMeema Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:02am
Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Are there any ladies out there doing the bald spot regimen? I'm planning on starting in September, but I'm just curious to know if I'll be doing this by myself. I have 5 wigs that I'll be using during this regimen and I'll also be wearing scarves and beanies. I'm going to do this during the winter months because I don't want to deal with my hair when it's cold outside. 

sorry I am not doing this regimen, I probably should as I have thinning hairline, but the thought of wearing a plastic cap 24/7 for 2 weeks freaks me...I can't even sleep in a plastic cap overnight the plastic rustling sound keeps me up lol...

I would love to try the bald spot regimen but can't figure out how to integrate it into my life.  I've never felt comfortable wearing wigs.  I'm wondering if I can make it work by gheeing every night but then doing a wash in go the next day.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:14am

Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Questions:
Hair gels. Has anyone tried any of The other gels on the recommended list. I'm just about out of the kinky curly and thought I would try a new gel. If so please let me know your thoughts. I am still working on perfecting the flax seed gel recipe. It gave me great hold but seem to make my hair dry.
Hi, Crownstar. I use Herbal Choice Mari Hair Styling GEL and I like it. My TWA dries in a few hrs. I experience NO flaking or whiteness even though my conditioner mix is quite foam. I'm not fond of gel, so won't be much of a junkie like I am w/the approved conditioners.   I used Giovanni and it was a hard, drying experience for me. Wasn't able to make flax seed gel this weekend but still plan to. Flax seeds are just SO healthy.

Hi nothidden, thanks for the info...I will check into the Herbal Choice Hair styling gel, that one was not on my radar. It's a shame that it appears that the only gel product readily available is Kinky Curly. It looks like all others I would need to order - -I know there is a beautiful curls (?) line at Wholefoods but I don't like anything with shea butter as I don't like the smell/feel and I have very fine hair strands..shea butter weighs my hair down....lol.. Thanks again.
If there's a nice BOGO free sale somewhere, I'd probably try Kinky Curly. Other than that, I have enough MHM products.
crimsoncoil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crimsoncoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:16am
Originally posted by DenzKoils DenzKoils wrote:

Do you have everything else you need? Clay? Baking soda or acv depending on which one you are using?

If so use the conditioner you have and work on getting an approved conditioner. I know panthenol is a no no product but it is also low on the list. Not sure about the products after the panthenol.

I already had everything else.  I went ahead and used the conditioner.  I had very soft and shiny hair.  Had major frizz though.  Finger detangling was a chore.  Some sections were easier than others. Couldn't bring myself to wearing a wash and go when I was sure I was going to get tangled hair so I did a twistout instead.  I think I will keep doing twistouts until I get more hydration.  My hair is almost APL and I'm far too afraid of tangles to let it dry unstretched. 

My twistout was soft, has a lot of movement and way easier to separate.  This is very good for day one hair.  I know I won't be able to do 7 days straight but I'm going to try and to get as many days in as possible.  Hopefully I'll get some of the results you guys have had.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Naturaltash1 Naturaltash1 wrote:

Are there any ladies out there doing the bald spot regimen? I'm planning on starting in September, but I'm just curious to know if I'll be doing this by myself. I have 5 wigs that I'll be using during this regimen and I'll also be wearing scarves and beanies. I'm going to do this during the winter months because I don't want to deal with my hair when it's cold outside. 
Hi, naturaltash1. I won't be following the separate regimen, but I will be incorporating this into the split MHM regimen somehow to help my thinning crown and promote growth all over. I actually rec'd my cayenne pepper last night and mixed it w/oil. I'm letting it sit in a jar for 10-14 days before using.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 19 2014 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Now, i keep getting this question about the clay over and over. I was just going to put it in my FAQ, but i'm going to post it now.

What your hair is doing in this regimen(no more ask-y)LOL

Step 1.
Bakingsoda- cuticles are opening, build up blocking cuticles is gently being removed.
ACV- cuticles are closing, build up blocking cuticles is gently being removed.

Step 2.
deep condition overnight, Warmed conditioner cowash, steam, thermal heating cap, hooded drier, whatever- cuticles are opening due to heat, build up is mostly gone and so moisture is absorbing into the hair cortex

Step 3.
Clay rinse- cuticles are being reopened, hair clumping and being further clarified from what build up is left over from step 1 and 2. Once completely rinsed out, this is where you check your mhm status to see how much moisture retention you have, by how far up the strand the curls are beginning to clump(tips, halfway up the strand, 3/4 up the strands, and all the way up to the root) and the total progress over your whole head.

Step 4.
Watered down conditioner as leave in-Your hair is drinking moisture as you apply it, and being well lubricated so the gel will clump your curls better

Step 5.
Gel- your moisture is sealed in, and your cuticles are closing b/c of the ph of the gel is ph balanced. You will also have definition, and your coils will be kept in their clumps and prevented from tangling onto the other. The cast of the gel will also protect the cuticle layer. Serves well as protective style.
I'm still reading thru the earlier posts; saw this and laughed. This isn't just for my own knowledge, but if a newbie or anyone asks me(you) to explain exactly what each step is for. So I'm reposting in case you're like me (and can't remember!).

Thanks for your patience, Pinke!

Edited by nothidden - Aug 19 2014 at 1:17pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 240241242243244 289>