Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 278>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
sdnaught View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sdnaught Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 7:34am
I want to start using a Q-Redew steamer for the DC step, but it is supposed to be used on dry hair.  I could apply conditioner and use the steamer first, but this would require me to skip the ACV step.  Would that be detrimental to my hair?  Can I AVC after?
Sponsored Links

DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 9:04am
Originally posted by sdnaught sdnaught wrote:

I want to start using a Q-Redew steamer for the DC step, but it is supposed to be used on dry hair.  I could apply conditioner and use the steamer first, but this would require me to skip the ACV step.  Would that be detrimental to my hair?  Can I AVC after?

You can use the qredew on wet hair. It just mentions dry hair as a selling point. If you don't want to use it after conditioning you can use the qredew to try to raise the cuticles and then apply a heated conditioner.

You may want to just play around with it to see what works best for you.
DesiBbUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote DesiBbUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 11:10am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to come in really quick and thank you all for contributing to the forum and for being patient and supportive of Pinke, me and with each other. I really love how everyone is really positive and helpful on this forum. The support really means a lot!!!  & Thanks to everyone thats been helping with questions.

Thank you so much crownstar for hosting a giveaway....congratulations to the winnersClap

I'ill be coming back anytime between later today and over the weekend to answer any questions that haven't been answered.

aharri have a fun and safe vacation...

Protective Princess just did a great video showing how you can do other styles with your hair during MHM if you havent seen it check it out below:

I also just uploaded how I do step 4 & 5 of the regimen..The "Wash n Go" LOL 
Hope it's helpful...

Thanks so much Protective Princess - your hair looks gorgeous in both styles and has given me inspiration to try other styles in addition to my wash and go.

MsDeeKay - your coils are amazing - thanks for the latest video. I'm looking forward to getting more hydration in my hair too through MHM. 

I'm just loving my hair right now and this community! Heart

Thanks everyone! Smile
DesiBbUK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DesiBbUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 11:27am
Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Hi everyone, Lola of Editorinkinks.com aka Funfo on BHM is hosting the first ever MHM workshop in Chicago!
This is great opportunity to learn about the method if you are in the Chicago area! A full demo and Q&A session!

---The first-ever MHM Party! Are you in Chicago and interested in knowing more about the Maximum Hydration Method? Then, you'll want to attend this FREE Event. Please RSVP at Eventbrite.com/themaximumhydrationmethodparty. Registration is required or there will be a fee of $10 at the door. Parking will be Free. Questions/inquiries, please send a message to editorinkinks@gmail.com

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-maximum-hydration-method-party-chicago-tickets-12655449791http://scontent-a-lga.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/l/t51.2885-15/1738682_1508363636047818_66534280_n.jpg

I wish I could be there...

I've shared this with a Chicagoan who is involved in the natural hair business. 

All the best for this event and I'm looking forward when the 'roadshow' comes to London!
Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 2:02pm
I use the Q Redew on wet hair all the time when I condition hair and have had no o problems...I did this even before starting TMHM. It as l s o works great to refresh. On that Q Redew website one of the YouTube videos featured is Jouslzy conditioning her hair. I looks to me like her hair is wet before she puts conditioner on it and then steams. HTH
Joja1107 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joja1107 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 3:40pm
Okay, help me out here. When I 1st started 2 weeks ago my hair was straight/flatironed so really didnt need to detangle before the CL treatment. You are to apply to  dry detangled hair but uh..... I dont want to rip through my pretty little curls!!! How are you detangling before CL treatment? 
Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Joja1107 Joja1107 wrote:

Okay, help me out here. When I 1st started 2 weeks ago my hair was straight/flatironed so really didnt need to detangle before the CL treatment. You are to apply to  dry detangled hair but uh..... I dont want to rip through my pretty little curls!!! How are you detangling before CL treatment? 

If I know I am going to do the CL Treatment I usually mist my hair with water the night before detangle and do large twists. The next day my hair is dry and I can do the treatment. Remember you don't HAVE to do the CL Treatments every 2 weeks, the recommendation is to do no MORE than every 2 weeks. You only need to complete when you feel your hair needs a mild protein treatment that can be every 2 weeks once per month or every months.Hth
Crownstar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crownstar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 5:52pm

If I know I am going to do the CL Treatment I usually mist my hair with water the night before detangle and do large twists. The next day my hair is dry and I can do the treatment. Remember you don't HAVE to do the CL Treatments every 2 weeks, the recommendation is to do no MORE than every 2 weeks. You only need to complete when you feel your hair needs a mild protein treatment that can be every 2 weeks once per month or every few months.Hth
DenzKoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenzKoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Crownstar Crownstar wrote:

If I know I am going to do the CL Treatment I usually mist my hair with water the night before detangle and do large twists. The next day my hair is dry and I can do the treatment. Remember you don't HAVE to do the CL Treatments every 2 weeks, the recommendation is to do no MORE than every 2 weeks. You only need to complete when you feel your hair needs a mild protein treatment that can be every 2 weeks once per month or every months.Hth

I don't detangle before the cherry Lola. I detangle after I apply my conditioner which is when I usually detangle.
Funfo20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funfo20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2014 at 12:07pm
Thanks, DesiBbUK!

Originally posted by DesiBbUK DesiBbUK wrote:

Originally posted by pinkecube pinkecube wrote:

Hi everyone, Lola of Editorinkinks.com aka Funfo on BHM is hosting the first ever MHM workshop in Chicago!
This is great opportunity to learn about the method if
you are in the Chicago area! A full demo and Q&A session!

---The first-ever MHM Party! Are you in Chicago and interested in
knowing more about the Maximum Hydration Method? Then, you'll want to
attend this FREE Event. Please RSVP at
Eventbrite.com/themaximumhydrationmethodparty. Registration is required
or there will be a fee of $10 at the door. Parking will be Free.
Questions/inquiries, please send a message to editorinkinks@gmail.com

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-maximum-hydration-method-party-chicago-tickets-12655449791http://scontent-a-lga.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xfa1/l/t51.2885-15/1738682_1508363636047818_66534280_n.jpg

I wish I could be there...

I've shared this with a Chicagoan who is involved in the natural hair business. 

All the best for this event and I'm looking forward when the 'roadshow' comes to London!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 278>