Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 231232233234235 288>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 4:46am
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to come in really quick and thank you all for contributing to the forum and for being patient and supportive of Pinke, me and with each other. I really love how everyone is really positive and helpful on this forum. The support really means a lot!!!  & Thanks to everyone thats been helping with questions.

Thank you so much crownstar for hosting a giveaway....congratulations to the winnersClap

I'ill be coming back anytime between later today and over the weekend to answer any questions that haven't been answered.

aharri have a fun and safe vacation...

Protective Princess just did a great video showing how you can do other styles with your hair during MHM if you havent seen it check it out below:

I also just uploaded how I do step 4 & 5 of the regimen..The "Wash n Go" LOL 
Hope it's helpful...

Sponsored Links

afrolistic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrolistic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 5:02am
Omg msdee ya hair is da bomb.com i am jealousing ya hair rite nw. hope i can get to this point.
msdeekay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msdeekay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 5:35am
Originally posted by afrolistic afrolistic wrote:

Omg msdee ya hair is da bomb.com i am jealousing ya hair rite nw. hope i can get to this point.

LOLThank you afrolistic, Don't worry, I trust you will get there with time Wink
pdthompson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote pdthompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 5:46am
Nice job on the videos ladies.  Beautiful hair.
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 8:46am
Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

Originally posted by duckkeisha duckkeisha wrote:

[QUOTE=sdnaught]
I have not posted in a while because the site is difficult sometimes, but I wanted to update and ask a question.
I
have been using the method for about 7 weeks now, and my hair has
definitely improved:  less frizz, less shedding, and more defined
curls.  My roots and problem areas (crown and complete front hairline)
still have a ways to go, but I am confident that it will eventually get
there.
My issue is that although my hair looks great, it still feels very dry.  What can I do to help this?
My
regiment is Terressentials Lavender mudwash, TJTTT conditioner, KKNT
leave-in, and KKCC layered over homemade flaxseed gel.  The flaxseed gel
makes my hair feel less dry the the KKCC by itself.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone sharing their experiences and tips on this forum.  It has been invaluable to me

Hey, I've been using flaxseed gel as well for my wash n go and found that I liked it better when I layered the flaxseed gel w/ kccc. The one time I didn't put kccc my hair wasn't weighed down enough and my wash n go looked like a fro by the end of the day.

Has anyone else noticed this? I also plopped with a tshirt the same way rachelcpr does, so i'm not sure if that was a factor. I usually just let my hair air dry. The tshirt soaked up alot of product, but on the plus side my hair dried much faster./QUOTE]

I use flaxseed gel as well and it seems like it works best if I layer it with Aloe gel. It's not thick enough for my thick hair.

Can't you add more flax seed or lessen water to make it thicker?

So I made improvements to my gel last night and it came out supper thick and perfect for my hair. I used 1/2 cup of seeds to 2 cups of water and I allowed it to cook longer which also contributes to it being thick. I didn't have to layer it with aloe gel at all this time and my hair came out supper defined. This is probably my best wash and go to date.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 8:47am
Originally posted by msdeekay msdeekay wrote:

I also just uploaded how I do step 4 & 5 of the regimen..The "Wash n Go" LOL 
Hope it's helpful...

LOL..."just be careful and make sure you don't break your neck." Too funny, MsDeeKay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 9:02am
I just wanted to post an update on my hair.
I've done the method approximately 15 times so far without ever going more than 3 days in between. I did the method last night and I am noticing changes. My hair shows hydration on the ends right now (about 1/3 of the way up my shaft) and it's pretty much all over my head. My hair feels different when it's wet in general. My hair is heavier and feels like the water is in the inside shaft of my hair instead of sitting on top of my strands. It's so cool.
I've been using flaxseed gel and I've made some changes with the recipe to make it thicker and it made a huge difference. I don't think I'm going to allow myself to go longer than two days before I redo my hair because I feel like that makes a huge difference moisture wise.  I also noticed that my hair respond better if I put everything on warm. Warm everything or use warm water when mixing for every step. My hair seems to accept the moisture better that way.
Hopefully this post helps someone out there. Just keep being consistent and I know we'll all get there soon enough.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 9:47am

I've done the method approximately 15 times so far without ever going more than 3 days in between. I did the method last night and I am noticing changes. My hair shows hydration on the ends right now (about 1/3 of the way up my shaft) and it's pretty much all over my head. My hair feels different when it's wet in general. My hair is heavier and feels like the water is in the inside shaft of my hair instead of sitting on top of my strands. It's so cool.
I've been using flaxseed gel and I've made some changes with the recipe to make it thicker and it made a huge difference. I don't think I'm going to allow myself to go longer than two days before I redo my hair because I feel like that makes a huge difference moisture wise.  I also noticed that my hair respond better if I put everything on warm. Warm everything or use warm water when mixing for every step. My hair seems to accept the moisture better that way.
Hopefully this post helps someone out there. Just keep being consistent and I know we'll all get there soon enough.
Hey, I'm going to try making FSG this weekend. Glad to hear you and MsDeeKay like it and had good results. I, too, apply everything warm now (except the gel, for now). One time I made a fresh batch of clay mix and applied it while it was still warm, and my hair was LOVELY! Nice and shiny clumps. So I think I'm going to make smaller clay batches going forward. Not sure why, but I feel like my hair responds better to fresh, warm batches.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 9:50am
Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

Hey, I'm going to try making FSG this weekend. Glad to hear you and MsDeeKay like it and had good results. I, too, apply everything warm now (except the gel, for now). One time I made a fresh batch of clay mix and applied it while it was still warm, and my hair was LOVELY! Nice and shiny clumps. So I think I'm going to make smaller clay batches going forward. Not sure why, but I feel like my hair responds better to fresh, warm batches.

Give the FSG a try. You might find you like it. Took me awhile to get it right but I'm loving it.
coiffedcoils View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coiffedcoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2014 at 9:58am
I remember reading a post where someone said they had problems with their flaxseed gel flaking, no matter what they did. I suggest squeezing excess FSG off of your hair after the application that might help. Also if you don't squeeze the excess conditioner out already you might want to try that too. 

@Tallbeauty: That's great!Smile I was just going to suggest cooking the seeds longer to get a thicker gel as I just tried this recently. My gel was thicker, but I was rushing and didn't cook it long enough for it to get as thick as I think it needed to. I noticed significantly less poof this time though. My hair was ridiculously soft(somewhat fluffy, but a whole lot of movement and bounce) though...soo, I think the other ingredients that I added might have counteracted any hold. I also think I'll use more seeds and water and see if that works out. Thanks for posting your progress.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 231232233234235 288>
  Share Topic