Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

The MAX HYDRATION METHOD(from my other post)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 230231232233234 289>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 8 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NaturalCaramello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NaturalCaramello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 9:38am
BEWARE: I AM A NEWBIE TO THIS FORUM.  I AM NOT SURE IF I POSTED THIS CORRECTLY. I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE IF I DID NOT.

Thank you PinkCube for creating this method.  It has been truly a blessing from God.  I was busted and disgusted with my hair before I started this method.  

I was tired of twisting my hair nightly to wear twist outs or wearing twists as a protective style because it was causing major split ends. I was thinking about cutting my hair.   I couldn't believe I had been natural since November 2009, and this was all the hair I had to show for it.  So this method has caused me to love my hair again, and the shrinkage from the wash n go prevented me from cutting my hair! My hair is healthy and hydrated. People ask me how do I get those curls, and I tell them about the method and I also tell them that your hair has to be hydrated to curl.

1. Are you seeing results with MHM, or have been at a standstill? I am seeing results with the MHM. I was getting major tangles when I first started the method, but after I trimmed my split ends my tangling is at a bare minimum.

2. How long have you completed the regimen?(day/wk/mnths) Have you been doing your hair at least every 3 days? I started the regimen on July 8th.  I completed the 7 days and then I started washing my hair every other day. I have completed 2 Cherry Lola Treatments.

3. Did you do a lot of protein treatments or practice use of heavy protein products before starting MHM? No I didn't use a lot of protein in my hair before this method.

4. In your old regimen, did you GHE/DC/Steam in your old regimen regularly? In my old method, I DC'd about every two weeks.

5. Did you do the CG method before starting MHM? Before I started this method, I used Naptural85's washing method. I'm not sure if that is CG or not. (ACV rinse (sit 20 minutes), Rinse, Clay wash (Rhassoul clay and aloe vera juice), Rinse, Tea Tree Conditioner, Rinse, Oil, Cold Aloe Vera Juice. I never really used gel in my before, so I would always twist my hair.

6. Do you incorporate DCing GHE or steam now? I started off DCing GHE every time I washed my hair. Now, I just warm my conditioner.

7. What other options/versions are you doing? DC/Steam/Warm condish, BS, ACV? Recently I started doing the Modified max hydration method now. I think it's DanabNatural's wash routine.  I find that I get more hydration with this method. 1.) Wet hair 2.)Clay--I leave it on for about 20 to 30 minutes 3.) Rinse) 4.) Conditioner with Baking Soda 5.) Rinse 6.) Leave-in 7.) Gel

8. What is your hair porosity and curl type? I have 4a curls at the nape of my neck and 4b/4c curls everywhere else. I have low porosity hair.

9. Are you using the approved products? Yes

10. How long is your hair? TWA? Brastrap? (don't give inches but something general to visualize) My hair stretched is shaped like a mullet.  Stretched lengths: The back is brastrap length. The front is chin length. The sides are at my shoulders.

11. How does your hair look like during the clay step? Is it weighed down, white, and looks like each curl unit is coated? During the clay step, my hair is weighed down, white, and each curl is coated.  I try not to put a lot on my scalp though because I find the clay difficult to remove from my scalp.

12. What are you using for the clay step specifically? I use Betonite Clay, 1 tbs olive oil, 1 tbs honey

13. What products are you using? I just started using the Tresemme conditioner and I love it, but it is quite foamy so I dilute it.  I ordered it from Walgreens. I also like Trader Joe's, but the closest one to my house is 3 hours. KCNT is good, but Tresemme is cheaper. I only use DIY flaxseed gel on my hair! My hair dries faster with the Flaxseed Gel.  I didn't like the KCCC on my hair.  It takes forever to dry, and my hair always looked white after using it.

14. Do you water down your conditioner? Do you find it works better without or doesn't make a difference? I dilute my conditioner because I think it makes it less foamy.

15. Do you detangle with your fingers or a comb? Fingers only

16. Are you natural or transitioning? Natural since 2009

17. Do you have hair color? No

18. Do you section your hair to apply stuff? Do you apply stuff starting from the scalp/root? I section my hair to apply products because my hair is very thick, so that is the only way I can reach my scalp. When applying products, I start at the root.

19. Do you do the steps on soaking wet hair? Yes
Sponsored Links

duckkeisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote duckkeisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 10:25am
[QUOTE=sdnaught]
I have not posted in a while because the site is difficult sometimes, but I wanted to update and ask a question.
I
have been using the method for about 7 weeks now, and my hair has
definitely improved:  less frizz, less shedding, and more defined
curls.  My roots and problem areas (crown and complete front hairline)
still have a ways to go, but I am confident that it will eventually get
there.
My issue is that although my hair looks great, it still feels very dry.  What can I do to help this?
My
regiment is Terressentials Lavender mudwash, TJTTT conditioner, KKNT
leave-in, and KKCC layered over homemade flaxseed gel.  The flaxseed gel
makes my hair feel less dry the the KKCC by itself.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone sharing their experiences and tips on this forum.  It has been invaluable to me

Hey, I've been using flaxseed gel as well for my wash n go and found that I liked it better when I layered the flaxseed gel w/ kccc. The one time I didn't put kccc my hair wasn't weighed down enough and my wash n go looked like a fro by the end of the day.

Has anyone else noticed this? I also plopped with a tshirt the same way rachelcpr does, so i'm not sure if that was a factor. I usually just let my hair air dry. The tshirt soaked up alot of product, but on the plus side my hair dried much faster./QUOTE]
duckkeisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duckkeisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Ethomas137 Ethomas137 wrote:

Hey,
I did my first twists yesterday. My hair came out great. I am not a wng person. I had only tried a wng before starting this method once or twice. Even with the method I get a wash n fro lol. The twists were great. I also stretched them.  I live in nyc so wng will not be for me when the weather gets cold.[/

Hi ethomas, could you please describe how you do ur twists?? I live in toronto so i need something other than wash n gos for the winter.DIV]
aharri23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote aharri23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 1:06pm
I'm leaving tonight to go on vacaton and I can't be bothered to do MHM while on vacation so I'm gonna bring a conditioner and gel and just do a normal co-wash plus gel while im on vacation then cleanse my hair when i get back. Happy MHMing People!
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by duckkeisha duckkeisha wrote:

[QUOTE=sdnaught]
I have not posted in a while because the site is difficult sometimes, but I wanted to update and ask a question.
I
there.
My issue is that although my hair looks great, it still feels very dry.  What can I do to help this?
My

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone sharing their experiences and tips on this forum.  It has been invaluable to me

Hey, I've been using flaxseed gel as well for my wash n go and found that I liked it better when I layered the flaxseed gel w/ kccc. The one time I didn't put kccc my hair wasn't weighed down enough and my wash n go looked like a fro by the end of the day.

Has anyone else noticed this? I also plopped with a tshirt the same way rachelcpr does, so i'm not sure if that was a factor. I usually just let my hair air dry. The tshirt soaked up alot of product, but on the plus side my hair dried much faster./QUOTE]

I use flaxseed gel as well and it seems like it works best if I layer it with Aloe gel. It's not thick enough for my thick hair.
nothidden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nothidden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 4:47pm
Originally posted by Tallbeautie Tallbeautie wrote:

[QUOTE=sdnaught]
I
there.
My

I use flaxseed gel as well and it seems like it works best if I layer it with Aloe gel. It's not thick enough for my thick hair.

Can't you add more flax seed or lessen water to make it thicker?
Tallbeautie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tallbeautie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by nothidden nothidden wrote:

[QUOTE=sdnaught]
I
there.
My

Can't you add more flax seed or lessen water to make it thicker?

I'm guessing you can. I'm going to try it out tonight to see how it works.
DominicanMorenita View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DominicanMorenita Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by aharri23 aharri23 wrote:

I'm leaving tonight to go on vacaton and I can't be bothered to do MHM while on vacation so I'm gonna bring a conditioner and gel and just do a normal co-wash plus gel while im on vacation then cleanse my hair when i get back. Happy MHMing People!
Enjoy your vacation!
lovemycoils03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovemycoils03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 7:41pm

[QUOTE=sdnaught]
I
there.
My

@duckkeisha and tallbeauty
This may be silly, but what do you mean by layering? Do you apply the flax seed first, then your Kccc or aloe gel, or do you mix them together, then apply?
I've been plopping with a tshirt also, and it not only helps with drying, but it gives my hair a smidge more 'strecth' in my wng style.
Funfo20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Funfo20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 11:27pm
Hello to the TMHM Family!

Thank you so much, pinkecube for willing to share your knowledge. Thanks to MsDeeKay, for compiling the information at the beginning and doing the videos. I watched them and they were really helpful.
I'd stumbled on this thread in June and got interested and started reading the posts. I was just happy to try something different to see how possible it could be to get my type 4a/b/c hair to be fully hydrated. I went ahead and got all my products and did my Cherry Lola Caramel treatment the last week in June followed by the MHM steps.

After I'd applied the conditioner and gel at the very first time of trying the method,and my daughters saw my hair, they loved it. That made it all the more worthy of the efforts that I'd put in. I have since been following the method, although, sometimes I might go longer than the recommended days - just because life gets in the way. But I'd pick up and continued with the process.

Thank you to everyone who has been part of this thread (I think I started reading the thread when it only had 90 pages). Everyone who had asked questions and responses given by either pinkecube and MsDeeKay have all been helpful.

The thought alone that our Afro-textured hair could finally quench its thirst - is indeed a blessing.

Thank you all!
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 230231232233234 289>
  Share Topic